on 5 February 2014
I've been looking about for a set of speakers to use with my laptop/music players, and after reading a lot of poor reviews of similar products, I thought I'd give this a go, and I have to say I'm absolutely delighted! They can really knock out a fair old volume, and the bass is a lot richer than I was expecting. The compact size and built-in woofers (i.e. no extra unit to find space for) make them absolutely ideal for desktop/bedroom use. I think you'll really struggle to find anything better at the price, a great find!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 20 May 2015
Good build quality, good crisp and clean sound for music and movies, not good enough for gaming
The bass output is not enough for some types of music like drum n' bass for example, but i found these speakers good enough for rock and metal
The sound output is at least twice the quality of my old Logitech LS21 2.1 speakers and that is one reason why I am not returning this product
Good price for for the sound quality, compact and powerful for the size but they also have many flaws so you may be better off with some other more expensive brand

reasons for 3/5
-too much static noise when not in use, plugged in the pc usb and also tried a usb-socket power adaptor and still got noise, but a bit less when plugged in the wall socket (sounds like I am receiving some radio waves on them sometimes)
-only way to turn them off is by unplugging the usb
-volume control on the back of the right speaker, have to reach out behind it to adjust volume
-no wall mounting option
-it doesn't say which is left and right speaker, had to do a stereo sound test on youtube to find out which is which
-bass and sound not good enough for gaming, I still rather use Plantronics GameCom 788 USB PC/Gaming Headset for games

In summary they are OK budget speakers, but you get many better options in the 20-50 price range
Not recommending this product
on 3 February 2014
When I first ordered these I expected them to be bigger, so on arrival I was disappointed.
However once i plugged them in I realised they were much better than I originally expected.
For there low price these are a must have.
on 7 February 2015
These days you sometimes come across an audio product that has surprisingly good bass considering how small it is. They are usually pretty expensive. What I wanted here was a pair of computer speakers so I could hear movies pretty well and also listen to music, with hopefully some decent bass frequencies. Now these speakers are neat and seem OK for movies, but for good-sounding bass in music, they are just another pair of computer speakers. Keep looking. By the way the speaker with the volume control goes on the right (they are not marked R&L) and the volume button goes down for louder (?)
on 23 September 2014
These little go groove sonawave speakers are really brilliant for their size, they look stylish and have a good frequency range.

they are advertised as 120hz-20Khz but after testing its more like 100hz to 18khz, so they have quite a good range for a small speaker, in fact they sound better than my creative ones which were twice the price. Amazing sound actually for a single 2.5" cone design.

They don't have a power button but that's not a problem as they go off when the pc shuts down, not having a separate mains transformer is a big bonus for me as I hate cable clutter.

I had these bought for me as a birthday present and couldn't be happier, they are small stylish and sound great. btw they can be powered by a USB phone charger as they have a separate jack plug sound input cable, im glad they don't have an onboard usb soundcard as then you can use your pcs soundcard to its full potential and not override it with terrible inbuilt usb audio.

there are 2 passive woofers on each speaker which surprisingly enhance the mid low frequencies a lot and make the speakers sound bigger than they are.

They don't sound bloated or boxy at all in fact they sound warm and detailed, just don't go driving too much bass from the pc soundcard into them they don't like it, its not the speakers that distort but the inbuilt amp wont allow it.

Direct sound with no eq is best I can immediately tell a massive difference from 256k mp3 to 96khz 24bit audio with these, which is a good sign that they are capable of high quality sound and for this price that is excellent to see.

They are well designed and produce good clear sound from the cones from all angles due to the side firing passive diaphrams, sealed units like these tend not to have bass dead spots like ported woofers. The speakers are heavy too for their size and they come with a set of small rubber feet you must fit yourself, I nearly threw these away not knowing they were in the packaging so look out for that.

On a table they directly point to the ears as they are angled meaning they are great for near field listening or music making on the pc without disturbing the neighbours. the fronts are a high quality steel mesh with metal badges on each speaker.

They are also internally braced to stop cabinet distortion which again is great for this price you just cannot complain at all.

I 100% recommend these doubt very much you will find better for this small price the Logitech equivilents are nowhere near as good.
on 29 December 2013
I got these to supplement the really quite awful speaker system on a Samsung 22" LED TV I recently bought for the kitchen. I was expecting an improvement but was really quite gob smacked by not just the sound quality, but also the volume these things kick out. An ideal solution in the situation described as these speakers simply power up and down with the TV set.
on 10 November 2013
These speakers are quality items and surprisingly heavy for their size. I use them to provide a bigger and richer sound on a Smart HDTV - and they fulfill that function perfectly.

Care is needed when unpacking and handling the units because the side-mounted woofers could be susceptible to damage if mistreated. No hesitation in highly recommending these speakers.
on 16 May 2014
This is a five-star review because I'm reviewing what these speakers ARE not what they ARE NOT.

If you want deep rich bass you will NEED a subwoofer. If you want much stronger volume you will NEED more power, and that means a separate power supply. You can get a really nice pair of branded, wall-powered speakers and small subwoofer for £30-£40 here Amazon. If you purchase THESE speakers but wanting THAT, you will be disappointed.

That is not what these are. I bought these for my laptop when I travel and do not have access to a power socket for the speakers. I need them light, portable, and USB-powered. That's what these do. Their sound is surprisingly great, not high-end quality, but much better than I have any expectation of a pair of tiny speakers. They are slightly tinny, but that can be fixed to a large degree with a graphic equalizer. Now, you're unlikely to find one of those in a videogame, but many/most MP3/FILM players do have one, set the bass up a bit higher and it the sound is dramatically improved.

As I say, buy what you need. If you want a good audio set-up, buy a set that's socket-driven and has a subwoofer. If you want a pair of cheap, light, affordable travel speakers - this is them.
on 21 September 2015
I'm using these loudspeakers to improve the sound from my 16 inch Ferguson TV. They work well and definitely improve the audio. I'm using the TV's headphone-output jack socket, and programming the TV to mute it's internal speakers. As this TV doesn't have a powered USB socket, I'm picking up power for the speakers from my video recorder. I've set the TV audio output high, and control actual audio output level via the video recorder/tuner remote control. I've got the Gogroove speaker volume control about 3/4 max. There is plenty of audio volume for an average room.
on 2 September 2015
If i was you I would GO Groove The quality and sound from them is excellent, for the price you will struggle to find better looking and sounding usb desktop speakers. Compare this against some of the major brands such as Creative, Logitech etc and you have yourself a bargain. 6 months of use and I decided to buy a second pair for another room I didn't have a budget but found myself getting these bad boys.

Pros'
The material used feels high quality, they have a nice weight to them and have a reasonable length usb cable. The sound is crisp and clear with a nice balance of bass. You can turn the volume up pritty high before it becomes muffled these are great for small to medium sized rooms.

Cons'
There are no dials on the rear of the speaker to decrease or increase bass etc It would have been nice but i certainly wouldnt dock a star because the balance for me is perfect.