5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Desktop or HDTV.
Published 20 months ago by Sean Reilly

3.0 out of 5 stars Look better than they sound
Published 2 months ago by Phil

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Desktop or HDTV., 18 Aug. 2013
Sean Reilly (London, UK.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: GOgroove SonaVERSE O2 USB 2.0 Multimedia Computer Speakers / Dual Stereo System with Powerful Side-Firing Passive Subwoofers & Volume Control Switch - Works with PC , Apple MAC , Dell , HP , Lenovo , VIBOX , Zoostorm , Cyberpower , LG , Acer , Fierce Laptop & Desktop Computers
This review is a first impression based on just a couple days of use. So far, I'm delighted with these speakers. They sound good and they work great with my desktop computer. They are plenty loud enough for me and actually I have the volume control set near the minimum. I appreciate the USB power source because the speakers automatically turn on or off with my computer (although I haven't found any way to make them shut off for "sleep mode").

Also, my HDTV has a powered USB connection, so I tried plugging in the GOgroove, speakers and voila: much-improved TV sound on a budget. I think it sounds best when I use both sound sources together, the TV built-in speakers and the GOgroove speakers. (Unfortunately the TV volume, mute, and sound mode controls don't affect the sound from the GOgroove speakers, but I suppose that could vary depending on the TV. Mine is a Samsung UN32D4000.)

Here are some things you might want to know about these speakers:

The wires measure 4 feet (right speaker to source) and 3 feet (right speaker to left speaker)

The wires are permanently connected to the speakers.

Each speaker enclosure has two passive woofers, one on each side of the box.

There is no indication of which speaker is left or right side.

There is no on/off switch but fortunately the volume control can take the speakers all the way down to zero sound.

There is no power indicator light.

The enclosures are basically smooth, no hooks or holes for wall mounting.

The USB connection is for power only and there is a separate 3.5mm audio plug.

The USB and audio plugs can be separated up to about 16 inches if you pull the wires apart.

The volume control seems backwards to me: downward motion increases volume.

Some reviews complain about a "continuous hum" when the speakers are on, but I think they're quiet enough. I don't notice any background noise unless I really try to hear it.

The exposed woofers seem like they could be fragile, so I wouldn't want to use these speakers for a portable application.

If needed, you can buy a USB Wall Adapter to allow plugging these into a wall socket.

The speakers are made in China.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these little speakers, please read on., 23 Sept. 2014
These little go groove sonawave speakers are really brilliant for their size, they look stylish and have a good frequency range.

they are advertised as 120hz-20Khz but after testing its more like 100hz to 18khz, so they have quite a good range for a small speaker, in fact they sound better than my creative ones which were twice the price. Amazing sound actually for a single 2.5" cone design.

They don't have a power button but that's not a problem as they go off when the pc shuts down, not having a separate mains transformer is a big bonus for me as I hate cable clutter.

I had these bought for me as a birthday present and couldn't be happier, they are small stylish and sound great. btw they can be powered by a USB phone charger as they have a separate jack plug sound input cable, im glad they don't have an onboard usb soundcard as then you can use your pcs soundcard to its full potential and not override it with terrible inbuilt usb audio.

there are 2 passive woofers on each speaker which surprisingly enhance the mid low frequencies a lot and make the speakers sound bigger than they are.

They don't sound bloated or boxy at all in fact they sound warm and detailed, just don't go driving too much bass from the pc soundcard into them they don't like it, its not the speakers that distort but the inbuilt amp wont allow it.

Direct sound with no eq is best I can immediately tell a massive difference from 256k mp3 to 96khz 24bit audio with these, which is a good sign that they are capable of high quality sound and for this price that is excellent to see.

They are well designed and produce good clear sound from the cones from all angles due to the side firing passive diaphrams, sealed units like these tend not to have bass dead spots like ported woofers. The speakers are heavy too for their size and they come with a set of small rubber feet you must fit yourself, I nearly threw these away not knowing they were in the packaging so look out for that.

On a table they directly point to the ears as they are angled meaning they are great for near field listening or music making on the pc without disturbing the neighbours. the fronts are a high quality steel mesh with metal badges on each speaker.

They are also internally braced to stop cabinet distortion which again is great for this price you just cannot complain at all.

I 100% recommend these doubt very much you will find better for this small price the Logitech equivilents are nowhere near as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars SUBSTANTIAL BUILD AND SUBSTANTIAL SOUND, 10 Nov. 2013
These speakers are quality items and surprisingly heavy for their size. I use them to provide a bigger and richer sound on a Smart HDTV - and they fulfill that function perfectly.

Care is needed when unpacking and handling the units because the side-mounted woofers could be susceptible to damage if mistreated. No hesitation in highly recommending these speakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Size doesn't always matter!, 5 Feb. 2014
I've been looking about for a set of speakers to use with my laptop/music players, and after reading a lot of poor reviews of similar products, I thought I'd give this a go, and I have to say I'm absolutely delighted! They can really knock out a fair old volume, and the bass is a lot richer than I was expecting. The compact size and built-in woofers (i.e. no extra unit to find space for) make them absolutely ideal for desktop/bedroom use. I think you'll really struggle to find anything better at the price, a great find!

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good, 3 Feb. 2014
When I first ordered these I expected them to be bigger, so on arrival I was disappointed.
However once i plugged them in I realised they were much better than I originally expected.
For there low price these are a must have.

5.0 out of 5 stars An end to my tinny TV sound. Stupidly good!, 29 Dec. 2013
I got these to supplement the really quite awful speaker system on a Samsung 22" LED TV I recently bought for the kitchen. I was expecting an improvement but was really quite gob smacked by not just the sound quality, but also the volume these things kick out. An ideal solution in the situation described as these speakers simply power up and down with the TV set.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good value, 26 Jan. 2014
excellent value really very happy with the sound quality. Easy set up. Much better than previous speakers I had . Bass much better

3.0 out of 5 stars Look better than they sound, 7 Feb. 2015
These days you sometimes come across an audio product that has surprisingly good bass considering how small it is. They are usually pretty expensive. What I wanted here was a pair of computer speakers so I could hear movies pretty well and also listen to music, with hopefully some decent bass frequencies. Now these speakers are neat and seem OK for movies, but for good-sounding bass in music, they are just another pair of computer speakers. Keep looking. By the way the speaker with the volume control goes on the right (they are not marked R&L) and the volume button goes down for louder (?)

4.0 out of 5 stars Watch the side speaker cones., 8 Jan. 2015
These are not expensive speakers.
Don't expect audiophile quality here.
They are small but attractively styled and they are clear and free of distortion even at a high level of volume.
They are not powerful bass pounding units, so if you want gut throbbing bass look elsewhere.
Medium range and treble come out very well however, and there is adequate bass response for my needs, as all I want is clear sound for background music, games and general sound effects.
You have enough cable to put the two speakers about a metre apart, (the speakers are daisy chained).
You will need a free USB port, which is used to power them, and a jack plug to get the sound through.
When I read reviews I gained the impression that I could solely plug them into a USB, but this is not the case.
WARNING.
They arrive well packaged, and when you take them from their box, each speaker is enclosed in a polythene bag.
You may be tempted to grasp them firmly and pull the bags off. Don't.
They have external, unprotected speaker cones on their sides.
If you grasp them too firmly without expecting the unprotected cones, you may well damage them.
Do I like them ?
They are good budget speakers that will adequately fulfil most peoples requirements, (provided you are not a writer for a Hi-Fi magazine or keen on re-mixing Dr Dre boom box specials).

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 31 July 2014
T. Feeney "tomtresco" (uk) - See all my reviews
Great for my PC gives a nice sound as long as you don`t turn it up to high.. if you want Heavy Bass and Clarity go for something more expensive with a woofer...