on 14 September 1998
I have been searching for years for a book that clearly identifies and explains a straight-forward and understandable format/process for putting together a novel; I found it in "A Writer's Time". From the first page forward, I found that I continually marked in the book things like "FINALLY!" and "So THAT's how I do it!" If you only read one book about how to put together a novel, this one is it!
on 15 May 1998
I'm gonna make this short and sweet. This book convinced me that it was possible for me to write a play, a book--any longer work--by giving me the tools to break the process down into comprehensible, do-able pieces.
(Besides, who could not relate to a process where the all-important first step is "Take a vacation," I ask you.)
Now, three produced plays later, I still refer to it before beginning a new project. It wears well over time.
Give it a read, and good luck on YOUR new projects!
on 28 September 2012
Firstly, I cannot believe this book hasn't had more reviews! I found 'Write Time' an essential read for any writer who is struggling with, not only time management and the creative process, but also negativity and stress. The author explains the whole writers creative process using 'islands' and 'continents' - it made so much sense! He also explains why the creative process a writer goes through means they are more prone to stress - and also explains why and how this happens - and how to deal with it.

The author explains how the card process of organisation works when planning novels (fiction and non-ficion); and also goes into a detailed explanation of how to write for TV and screen; using examples of the different '3 and 7 act' formulas - there are also pictures of actual completed cards for this process.

In short - buy this book!