on 22 December 2012
I pre-ordered this book after falling in love with Tristan's character & thoroughly enjoying "She Tempts the Duke". I'll be honest, it was a good book but I definitely preferred STtD.

Basically, this story picks up a year or so after the last one, where Tristan's still looking for something, as he's not felt whole since he had to run away from home at 14. He agree's to take Lady Anne on his ship to somewhere (I can't remember where! Isn't that awful!) but she doesn't know that he's Lord Tristan she believes him to be a normal sea captain. Anne's travelling to visit her dead fiance's grave, as she is re-entering society in the hopes to marry, but she needs closure.

During the journey home, Anne "gives herself" to Tristan because she doen't want any regrets.

Back in London, Tristan follows Anne back into society (which he hates as he doesn't feel like he belongs) but he's drawn back to Anne. Can they both overcome their demons?

I expect because I enjoyed STtD soooo much, I probably had too high a hope for this book, but it did fall a little flat for me. I hope Lorraine Heath really pulls something out of the bag for Rafe's story, I hope it doesn't disappoint like this one did :/