• Echo

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.27

on 7 April 2012
It's been a long time since I read any sci-fi but this caught my eye so I decided to give it a go - and boy, am I glad I did! I was hooked by the end of the first chapter and couldn't stop reading - the characters were wonderful, and the way the story was told from two points of view was really clever. There was drama, excitement and a touch of romance - all in a world which was brought very vividly to life by the author. If you're in two minds about this book then take my advice and get it - you won't be disappointed!
on 4 April 2012
I have just read Echo in a few days, finding it difficult to put down!! A fascinating story with many twists and turns that kept me enthralled throughout. With a fascinating blend of characters with fast paced story line Echo is a must read!
This book also uses a unique style of writing focusing on character perspective throughout, that I found brilliant! Definitely my favourite book of recent years! Up there with assimov and Hamilton in my view. Peter Johnstone is a new master of space opera!
on 15 April 2012
It's been a long time since I last read a science fiction novel and Echo did not disappoint me. I found it utterly compelling and one night hardly got any sleep at all as I was reading it in bed and just could not put it down until I had read "just one more chapter". Tbe narrative style of writing from the perspective of both the lead characters gave great insight to their motivation and their personalities were revealled gradually throughout the novel like peeling away the layers of an onion. They were flawed but still likeable and therefore real, as in life sometimes good people do terrible things but noone is beyond redemption. I eagerly await Echo sequels.
on 3 April 2012
Good read, I enjoyed this and look forward to a prequel/sequel. I was especially drawn in by the whole issue of some of the characters being able to shoot up combat/performance enhancing hormones. Would recommend. (The book, not shooting hormones.)
on 18 April 2012
Really enjoyed this book. As the other reviewers have said, the switching between the viewpoints of the two main characters is very clever and gives interesting insights into their motives.
I also thought Peter Johnstone has created a very believable universe. But I won't describe it here - read it for yourself to find out.
Definitely worth a read.
on 28 December 2012
never read sci-fi before but thoroughly enjoyed this fast-paced but very well conceived debut. genuinely struggled to put the kindle down. Excellent evocative descriptions of settings combined with characters I want to get to know more. Can't wait for the next one. best value for money novel I've read