on 31 March 2012
Although I use a tablet for most of my surfing needs, I still use a netbook for work-related stuff. I decided to get a lo-profile mouse which would be easier to carry around in the compact netbook case that I had, rather than the wired and chunky mouse that I was currently using.
Looking around Amazon there are many wireless micro mice out there but I came across this one. It certainly fitted the size criteria and couldn't be much smaller without impeding the useability of the mouse. Also, as a wireless device, I wanted the receiver to be of the smaller (nano) variety so it could be left permanently in my netbook. This ruled out a number of other mice which used the larger USB stick-type variety. I decided to take a chance and purchase it even though there were no reviews and I am very pleased I did. Firstly, the price is excellent and even includes batteries. Amazing. Delivery was quick and arrived in a plain box with the mouse, batteries, a nice carrying case and instructions. The receiver is stored inside the base of mouse in the battery compartment. Once fitted to your laptop/netbook I cannot see why you would want to remove it as it only protrudes 7mm from the netbook. My netbook only has USB ports on the sides which is a bit of a pain as the receiver can still catch if you are not careful. This is not a fault with the mouse - just the netbook - so be careful when putting your netbook or laptop away in its case. However, that is way more convinient than having to constantly remove the larger type. The feel of the mouse is great with a 'rubber' feel overall and looks very classy in black. In actual operation, I have no complaints. The mouse is very smooth to use and works on a variety of surfaces. It works just as well on plain white paper as on a wooded surface or a normal mouse mat that I tried it on. In fact, the instructions prefer you to use a lighter surface as this reduces power requirements. I really like the power-saving feature which has a three-stage operation. First after 5 seconds, then after 60 seconds and finally after 10 minutes which is 'sleep' mode. To wake the mouse from either of these simply move the scroll wheel or press a button and it immediately comes back to life without any delay. I cannot state how long the batteries will last at this point but I advise taking a spare set with you.
There is also a DPI switch but doesn't seem to affect operation that I can tell as it operates just fine on the surfaces I tried in all of the DPI modes. Finally, the instructions are very good and tell you not to use it on a dark surface or metal, for example, as it can cause greater battery drain. I appreciate this type of detail. Overall, I am extremely satisfied with the device and will purchase a second one shortly for my main PC.

UPDATE 26/01/2014: Well, it's been nearly two years since I first got this mouse and it's still working great!
I was amazed to see the number of reviews since my original, mostly positive. Phew!
I've been trying to get a bluetooth version of this for a Dell Venue 8 Pro Windows 8 tablet I'm contemplating buying. This is for the same reason I bought the wireless version in the first place. No point in having a compact device if the accessories are disproportionately big, right? Sadly, it doesn't look like there's a bluetooth version (there is only a single USB port with these tablets so you don't really want to waste that port .... ). Guess I need to look elsewhere but so far, no luck in trying to get something as decent as this. Oh well ....
33 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 April 2013
I have bought this product a time ago and I am very happy, I haven't changed the batteries yet and the connection is 100% good, the design is very nice.
I really suggest to buy this mouse.
on 13 December 2012
Small, neat sleek, and works like a charm. Exactly as advertised. Have been using it for a while now and am very pleased with it. And all for a very reasonable price too. Bargain!
on 26 March 2014
I wasn't getting on with my laptop's mouse pad so decided to look for a wireless mouse. This one is excellent and so simple to set up. Fit batteries in mouse, plug the Nano receiver into a USB port and you're ready to go. It looks very smart and I find the slim profile doesn't make my rather elderly hands ache, even after several hours of continuous use! Comes complete with a handy carry bag for travelling. Very happy with this purchase.
on 8 August 2013
This mouse is perfect - elegant, stylish and works like a charm with no fuss. I would recommend this to anyone.
on 14 August 2013
This mouse is a great little piece of kit, so easy to use, and I love the fact that it's wireless. A great buy
on 21 October 2013
Great little mouse which i use on a daily occasion with my laptop and it small and reliable. great product
on 4 January 2013
Not the best quality I've ever seen but I have to give the mouse 5/5 for its ease of use style battery life style and great price. I will be buying another one for my laptop.
on 16 June 2014
Completely disappointed with this product. Stop working after exactly one week. Don't waist money, and precious time no it. Do your self a favour and look for something else.
on 17 December 2015
Love this mouse! I got it to take to uni with me instead of the little corded mouse that I have. It works fantastically, whether I use it with my full sized laptop (Windows 10) or my Surface (W8.1 RT) it does a great job! Not only that but the optical tracking technology is great - no need to worry about having something to rest my mouse on like I did with my red optical corded mouse, the blue light in this one works perfectly on every surface I've tried it on! (including black marble-like tables where other mice might be challenged to track accurately and on white textured surfaces!)
The mouse has also come in handy for some presentations I've done, aided greatly by the fact that the USB signal receiver for the mouse requires virtually no time at all to plug and play in any machine. The mouse fits comfortably into my hands and is virtually invisible inside when I hold it, so great as a little presentation clicker that lets me walk around as I talk. I really can't fault this mouse at all save for perhaps the annoying problem of having to remove the bottom cover to get to the USB receiver slot - but really, it's not difficult, just a little bit more time consuming. Overall, really fantastic little mouse that I am really pleased with!