Format: DVD|Change

on 9 November 2012
One thing I like about this special River Cottage DVD is the fact the Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall isn't afraid to allow others to front special features such as this Cake DVD through Pam.
Pam takes you through various recipes in a style that to me is unique and easy to follow.
Now don't get me wrong; I'm not saying that any other person can't present any better, or that they are not as good in their presenting skills or even taking you through the steps of preparing and mixing the ingredients and then baking a cake orbuns,etc.
What I see is rather an honest down-to-earth approach that Pam brings to the fore in this DVD as well as the odd other stints she has done on other River Cottage projects.
Originally I enjoyed the Hand book on this subject and I am rather satisfied with this DVD...for me it is a welcome addition to my collection and iI whole-heartedly recommend it to anyone interested.
on 14 January 2014
This is a brilliant dvd which I really enjoyed watching and thought it was a great accompaniment to Pam Corbin's Cake book. My only gripe is the background music is so loud that Pam's voice is nearly drowned out and it was hard to hear her commentary. Even if you don't own Pam's book it doesn't matter because there is a full list of ingredients needed for each recipe at the end of the dvd.
VINE VOICEon 22 May 2014
Like cakes? Eating or baking them? As with all River Cottage ideas and recipes this one will delight your tatse buds. Probably won't do much for your waistline though :-)
on 21 March 2013
LOVE THIS DVD, LIKE ALL THE RIVER COTTAGE COLLECTION, HUGE HUGE FAN OF HUGH. MY WIFE LIKES IT TOO AND IS TRYING TO BAKE BETTER CAKES WITH OUT ME DROPPING DEAD.
on 30 January 2016