5.0 out of 5 stars Big improvement from Samsung
I bought this for my wife but now wish I had bought it for myself. A lot faster, and a lot more storage space than previous models.
Published 20 months ago by Dr B.A. Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Good phone, but dated software
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:05 Mins
Decent little phone, nippy to use, light to hold, and has access to thousands of apps via the Play market.

The yellow/orange back may not be to everyones taste, but seeing as you look at the front of the phones rather than the back its not really an issue.

The software feels a little dated, it came with the older version of...
Published 19 months ago by Reviewify.co.uk

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Good phone, but dated software, 17 Feb 2013
Reviewify.co.uk "Mark" (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Samsung S6500 Galaxy Mini 2 Sim Free Mobile Phone - Yellow (Electronics)
Length:: 2:05 Mins

The software feels a little dated, it came with the older version of Android. For a more recent Android handset around the same price you might want to check out the SONY Xperia Tipo UK SIM Free Smartphone - Black.

If you are looking for an entry level handset this will do the job brilliantly without breaking the bank.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big improvement from Samsung, 9 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars good value, 4 July 2013
Easy to set up, was up and running in no time. Small enough to fit in purse and pocket but screen too small to browse internet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another cracking phone from Samsung, 1 Jun 2012
Bought this for my wife for our anniversary as an upgrade from her previous phone. She has not stopped using it since she got it. Has a quality, weighty feel to the hand and holds its charge well. intuitive interface means a newcomer to smartphones will find this a doddle to use. This does not mean it is a simple device as it can do a lot of things. It means that menus and journeys through the phone are thought out well and easy to pick up. I much prefer the android system to the apple phone. Every Tom Dick and Harry has an I-phone and to be frank they are a tad dull and obvious. Be different, go your own way, don`t follow like a sheep, be android smart. Who cares if there are less apps for the android. Who has actually downloaded all 500,000 apps for their I-phone? if they haven`t then what difference does it make if apple has all these apps. There are more than enough on the android system to meet all your needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good entry level smartphone, 14 Jan 2013
My wife likes the yellow as then it doesn't get mixed up with everyone elses phones.

The phone itself is a very good entry level smartphone, to see if smartphones have a place in your life. Either that, or you are operating on a budget.

I do think if my wife decides she likes having a smartphone, next time I will go for a slightly higher spec model.

The two things that are most different from something like the Galaxy S2, are: 1. The camera. Doesn't seem to focus very well, so pictures are a little blurry. 2. Screen resolution. whilst it's not a big problem, reading a webpage you do notice the significant difference between this and a top of the range smartphone. but that's why it's cheap!

A perfect introduction for those who want to be welcomed to this century, those on budget, or if you need to buy your kids a phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant for a first smartphone, 10 July 2013
As the title suggests, this was my first smart phone buy - and I can't fault it.

Works brilliantly, and got it at at least half the normal price - perfect.

Beware: it uses a normal SIM card - not micro-sim, so don't make the same mistake I did of breaking my SIM into a micro one. Of course if you do, you can always buy the adapter ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars seems a good phone, 30 Sep 2012
Nigel (East Anglia, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I've only had this a few days, but I am happy with it so far. Sound quality is acceptable, likewise mobile signal strength - though wifi reception is not quite as good as my other gadgets. jelly bean is on its way, apparently, but I'll probably wait to see what others say before upgrading! I'm hoping that jelly bean will get rid of some of the Samsung bloatware; the only Samsung extra I find useful is the Kiri utility that allows me to sync my phone with selected Outlook address books and calendars, without having to rely on the cloud.

by the way, despite what you might read elsewhere, the box for the SIM-free version does NOT come with a black back cover - so if you don't like the virulent yellow invest in a non-transparent protective skin. Also, there was no headset; my guess is that the extras only come with the branded versions. The headset socket is a 4-pole one; you can plug in a standard headphone with a 3-pole plug, and of course there are lots of bluetooth solutions - or you can use the speakerphone: it's OK for use indoors, but I have not tried it outside or in a car.

Of course, this is a budget phone, so it does not have some feature premium models often have: for example, the ability to access home servers for file access, media streaming, etc; HDMI output; OTG and docking stations; optical zoom and a LED flash. On the other hand, it is easily pocketable, reasonably priced, and supports USB and wifi tethering (but not reverse USB tethering, which would be useful when travelling, when you don't want high roaming data charges or to risk the open wifi network provided by the hotel, and instead you would like to take advantage of your laptop's secure internet connection).

Update:after using this phone for some time now, I am still happy with it! There has been no Jelly Bean update, and unlikely ever to be an official one. speakerphone is loud, and the phone works well with Copilot - but TomTom is not available, as the srenn is not high enough resolution.

1.0 out of 5 stars Phone arrived Locked to a Network, not in Product Description!, 23 Sep 2013
P.Kelly (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This phone arrived locked to a Network, why was this not in the Product Description?
It was basically useless until i paid £20 for an unlock code and a lot of hassle!
It is disingenious to describe this item as a 'Sim-Free' mobile phone, because the Sim might not be in there,
but it is locked to that Sim's network! Annoying!
Sincerely,
Disgruntled Customer,
P. Kelly

3.0 out of 5 stars Too small for me, 10 Jan 2014
It's a nice little phone but I find it really hard to type anything as the keypad is really tiny and my fingers aren't big by any means. I've had it a few months now and still can't get used to texting as I always have to correct the words because I hit the wrong keys all the time. I bought a pen which helps so worth getting that if you buy this phone. Love the colour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just bought this phone from EE, 16 Oct 2013
I had to trade in my old faithful Sony Ericsson phone as there was something wrong with the SIM card so I thought it was a good as time as any to get a new one. I bought this phone at EE which used to be Orange and the price was a lot lower.....£65.99. As I am in my 70's I thought it would be hard to use but I seem to be doing something right as it works fine. I didn't need one with loads of stuff,just one to take and make calls and take photos when I'm out walking with our Golden Retriever and this was it! Just have to remember to wait 24 hours to use it if you are keeping your old phone number as it takes that time to download. Come on Amazon,I thought you could better the price!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›