4.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction to a new Series
Skye Morrison has just finished her Degree and like most people is yet to find a job that will use it but she needs to earn a better wage than her waitressing job is paying her to repay her student debt.
Published 19 months ago by nabalie

1.0 out of 5 stars Blood of the son Book #1
Published on 10 Jan. 2013 by marcar

1.0 out of 5 stars Blood of the son Book #1, 10 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Blood of the Son (Skye Morrison Vampire Series, #1) (Kindle Edition)
I was reading the other reviews on this book, I thought I had read the wrong book! not that I finished it I tried, but I couldnt do it. It was pure dribble. Badly written, repetitive and if I had to read about that messenger bag and what it contained one more time, and where she put said messenger bag! and I could not forget styvi nix her dog chasing butterflies in the garden, think she had more character than the vampires. If you are looking for a good read please go elsewhere.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good - but could be better, 23 July 2013
This is the first of the Skye Morrison series and I had noticed a few people had likened it to the Sookie Stackhouse series. I probably shouldn't have read that opinion before I got to reading this book as I was a bit disappointed.

The plot is very simple, Skye wants a new job and goes to work at the club Archer runs. She thinks he's hot and also finds his brother Jameson attractive, she then finds out they are vampires. The problem exists in that the book is too long, it would have worked as a novella introducing the series as the major plot happens towards the end of the scene. Before that it's all a bit needless and some of the writing seemed a bit stunted. I have read #2 and I enjoyed it more than this one. But everyone has to start somewhere right?

This has possibly been the most difficult book to grade in loveys as I had so much promise for the book which was not the author's fault but anticipation aside, this book could have been a lot shorter and made into a much more appreciated novella to start the series.

1.0 out of 5 stars dulllll, 30 Oct. 2012
S. A. Burrows - See all my reviews
im sorry but what the heck. i have never before read such dribble! i had to stop after chapter 2. skye is not a realistic or interesting charactor and the dialog is far from witty.

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 Stars, 10 Oct. 2012
Skye is desperate to find a better paid job so she can pay off her student loan debt, so when the perfect opportunity comes along, for her to work for Archer Rhys in his `soon to be finished', club, she jumps at the chance. Trouble is, Skye thinks Archer is pretty hot, and he just happens to be the brother of Jameson who she also finds attractive. Everything becomes even more complicated when she discovers both men are vampires and Archer is privy to every thought she has.

Okay, I hate to make comparisons to other vampire stories, but ... mind reading? Aarrgghh it is getting so old. I know a fresh take on an old theme is getting harder and harder to do, especially with sooooo many vampire series' out there, but to give the vampire an ability that another very popular vampire has, is really not a great idea when the other said book is still so fresh in peoples minds. It just opens this book up to complaints about similarities.

Blood of the son is not a total disaster, it is a little slow and not a lot happens through most of the book, but I get the impression it is just setting the scene for future books....in a very long winded way! I think maybe 20 or 30,000 words less would have been sufficient to do this and we wouldn't have been any less knowledgeable at the end of it. I'm not a big fan of cliff-hangers but can say that I wasn't sufficiently attached to this story to be too bothered by this one...or maybe it's because I do have book two sat waiting for me to read so all I have to do is turn the page to find out what happens next!

I am hoping that book 2 in the series is a little more exciting and carries on the story that eventually started at the end of this book.

Copy supplied for review

4.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction to a new Series, 24 July 2013
An unfortunate run in with her unstable ex Jesse leads to a promising job opportunity at a new club opening so with nothing to lose she has an intereview with the sexy Archer Rhys at the Mausoleum and lands an extremely well paid job as the executive.

In one day she chats up the front man of a band she loves and gets employed by the most beautiful man shes ever met but things are never simple and she soon sees that these men have a connection that she knows she shouldnt get in the middle of but when their both pursuing her it's hard to say no...especially when their vampires.

Skye is a great leading lady. She's strong, indepedant and a little quirky with her music tastes and dress sense.

Jameson and Archer both want her but treat her completely different so in a way you want her to pick both just because of the different personality traits they have.

Skye and the story did remind me alot of Anita Blake so found it really hard not to compare alot and the niggly little things that put me off that story did get me slightly frustrated with this one. For example, all the vampires were gorgeous men who automatically faniced her and thought she was amazing and she stood upto them where most women would be a simpering mess. Just too perfect of a scenario for me.
Plus the only female rival who happened to be attractive aswell was portrayed as a bitch because she didn't like Skye going after her man so I actually quite liked Aeoif for that fact as women should be able to loath or like each other in a book without the main woman being seem as a victim.

I did enjoy it but apart from the last chapters this book mainly introduced the characters and their budding relationships.

4.0 out of 5 stars I've one clicked book 2, 26 Oct. 2014
I've just read this book in one sitting... Wow loved it, kept me on my toes all the way through. So many hot men after one woman, I wondered which way she would go.... Archer and Jameson omg who/how would you choose??? Fab story, great characters and a very strong lead woman - warning - Clift hanger.

i just one clicked book 2. Great book Author J.L. McCoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Skye's love., 7 Dec. 2014
Skye loved her job but had to get a better paying one. Up comes Archer end his brother Jameson. From that moment on everything changes for Skye and to top it off they're Vampires. Things get bloody and gruesome and its just a great story. Now I need to get the next one quick or I'll go nuts. Talk about a lefthander!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Blood of the Son (Skye Morrison Vampire Series book 1), 11 July 2013
Great book, first few chapters set up the story with great detail,really drew u in. Then started to change by giving little bits of information about the other characters and bringing the story up to the next level and giving you a different view on the vampires with a little bit of mystery involved with a love triangle thrown into the mix. The main vampires 'look' fit and all the girls seem to be attractive as well. The details in this story gives you a very clear picture of all the characters. Can't wait to read the next book

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 7 May 2013
Very disappointed in this book. Lacked depth, both in characters and plot. Easy read and is more like a teen's book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great vampire tale, 6 April 2013
This is an entertaining book, which ends on a cliffhanger so that you have no choice but to read the next instalment. I've already read book two and the story just gets better, so I can't wait to get tucked in to book three. Skye is a tough and independent heroine and great fun to read about.