4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good
So I had a verruca on the ball of my foot for as long as I can remember, I decided to get rid of it and have finally managed after an 8 month struggle. I'm going to list the remedies I tried and give them a ranking for effectiveness.
Published 8 months ago by R. Mayne

3.0 out of 5 stars Verrugon
The ONLY treatment that actually works ! Recommended by my Consultant Dermatologist. The salicylate acid base is more concentrated that anything else on the market. I wasted my time and money on the other weaker options.
Published 17 months ago by David best

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good, 10 Dec 2013
R. Mayne (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VERRUGON COMPLETE 6G (Personal Care)
Disclaimer: I wouldn't take this to be a very scientific study and you can see a lot of problems with the way I went about it, but hopefully this review can help you.

Ranked in order of effectiveness
1. Duct tape
2. Verrugon
3. Salactol
4. Cuplex Gel
5. Vinegar
6. Scholl Freeze verruca remover
7. Bazooka

Bazooka (1 star)
Basically this is a 0 star product. The active ingredient in most of these products is salicylic acid. Bazooka has 10% of this (and even extra strength is only something like 20%). This is one of the lowest and you also have no plaster element so you're just supposed to stick it on and then wait for it to dry. It was completely ineffective, -and shows, I think, the power of good advertising. Despite its uselessness and the bad reviews here, it's pretty much the only product you can buy in the high street.

Scholl Freeze verruca remover (2 stars)
This is expensive but ultimately does little. I followed the instructions up to the point of `if the verucca still hasn't gone then stop using this product'. I t makes a great noise and seems impressive but I think it's all show but no substance ultimately.

Vinegar (2 stars)
A folk remedy I tried for a while. Dab it on a cotton ball and tape it to your foot. Good luck if you try this, the pain was agonising and woke me up whenever I tried it. I think it's as affective as most of these other products but the pain factor means I wouldn't recommend it.

Cuplex Gel (3 stars?)
To be honest I can't fairly asses this product. I was using it during my separate phase just before the verruca vanished so it may have had an effect, I really can't say. It has 11% is salicylic acid (so more than bazooka) and 4% Lactic acid...which I have no idea about. It may have helped then again it may have done nothing.

Salactol (3 stars)
This stuff wasn't bad as it contained 16.7% salicylic acid and 16.7% Lactic acid. In this regard it is stronger than Cuplex and so I would recommend it over buying that. Salactol burned and seemed to be working, the only issues is, as with Bazooka, there were plasters and so you had to sit and wait for it to dry. I also found out that if you don't screw the top on hard it solidifies. Ended up chucking it away.

Verrugon (4 stars)
This product has, by far, the most salicylic acid at whopping 50%. Now if you believe bazooka is effective, and the only active ingredient is salicylic acid then this product is five times as effective. It also comes with small corn plaster-like things to go over the verruca and square plasters. Whenever I used this it always worked very effectively. You are supposed to file the dead skin off but I opted for nail clippers. I think the plasters helped to, they seemed to push the verruca out somewhat. These were by far the most effective and convenient of products on offer and though I made a lot of progress I never quite got rid of the pesky thing with these. I went through quite a few boxes and cut more and more away but there always seemed to be some left.

When people talk about verrucas they often talk about removing the `root'. A word to the wise, the `root' is actually the blood vessels supplying the verruca. Pulling them out may help but I didn't get the impression it made much difference. I even completely removed the root and thought I had killed it but I could still feel a hard lump under my skin, like a small stone, which is how I knew it was still there.
(a tip with this product is to buy big plasters and corn pads as you always end up with left over cream, so you can make a DIY version of this.)

Duct tape (5 stars)
I have to give this 5 stars because it's what I was using when I finally got rid of the damn thing. I'm not 100% sure it's gone butt I can no longer feel the lump under the skin I used to feel. I'm a sceptic and very wary of `home remedies' so before I sing its praises I should add a few caveats. Firstly, the verruca may have gone because of all the stuff I'd done previously and it may have just been duct tape's good timing. Also, sometimes verrucas just get better, and this may have happened.

Anyway, what finally worked was this. I stuck the Gorilla (duct) tape on and just left it on for around 5 days. I didn't take it off to shower or sleep or anything. When I did take it off I noticed that something odd had happened. Usually I can see the `root' after a treatment, but it's dry. This time it was wet, and rather than little spots it was a small `pool' of congealed blood. When I wiped it I noticed that there was now a hole where the verruca had been. I wasn't sure to get happy or not but when I pressed my foot I noticed it wasn't painful anymore.

My advice is to keep fighting...It took 9 months but it was worth it in the end.

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective treatment - better than the useless freezing products, 24 Feb 2013
This review is from: VERRUGON COMPLETE 6G (Personal Care)
Have used before - works well providing you persist with treatments daily or nearly so. Only criticism is that the manufacturer doesn't supply quite enough of the special plasters or the little pads. The plasters are particularly good with their adhesive and we haven't found anything quite as effective

3.0 out of 5 stars Verrugon, 24 Mar 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing!, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: VERRUGON COMPLETE 6G (Personal Care)
I have had a verrucca now for 5 years and I have tried so many treatments I have lost count! I have had it burnt out 3 times and lots of other treatments which have never worked. I read about this product and thought I would give it ago. OMG! This product is amazing in 4 weeks my verrucca has finally gone! You have to be consistent which means everyday you file it and put treatment on. You do run out of the pads and plasterers but I went and brought some corn plasterers and normal plasters which was the same. I found I did this treatment always at night as it has longer to work. I cannot believe that at last my verrucca has finally gone. This product is fab!

5.0 out of 5 stars Verugon, 19 Feb 2013
This review is from: VERRUGON COMPLETE 6G (Personal Care)
Have been looking for this product for a long time, very pleased with it only its the one that works,

5.0 out of 5 stars This really works!, 29 May 2014
This review is from: VERRUGON COMPLETE 6G (Personal Care)
I sent for this item on behalf of a friend who had suffered verrucas for a few years, tried everything to no avail, but these really worked. So would definitely recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars Verruca gone!, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: VERRUGON COMPLETE 6G (Personal Care)
I read the reviews for this product before purchasing it. It was given such good reviews and I can confirm that it works. Verruca gone!

5.0 out of 5 stars fingers crossed its working, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: VERRUGON COMPLETE 6G (Personal Care)
Have tried countless verruca treatments.none has shifted my daughters one verruca. So far this cream has been doing a good job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Verrugon, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: VERRUGON COMPLETE 6G (Personal Care)
This arrived quickly and it works in my opinion so much better than anything else on the market most of which I've tried this is the one that gets rid of what it says it will

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good be careful, 12 Aug 2014
This review is from: VERRUGON COMPLETE 6G (Personal Care)
Be careful when using the corn pads, I put the verrucon inside the hole as instructed it spread under the corn pad and burnt all my healthy skin now I was a massive circle dark scar that looks worse than before . ! Been using it for a couple days and doesn't really work for me. I'll stick to duct tape - less damage.

VERRUGON COMPLETE 6G