on 23 September 2012
Colour Name: White / Chrome|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've always used "value" headphones, saving money on "good enough" sounds rather than paying the premium. So I was sceptical about these headphones, how much of a difference can these make than my old set which cost me 1/3 the price?

The sound is very subtly better, the bass is deeper and tighter. The difference is so subtle it's hard to convince anyone these are worth the money. Until that is when I switched back to my old headphones after using these new ones for a while. The difference is like HD TV compared to old standard definition TV. You don't notice the difference until you switch back to the old tech.

The question of whether these headsets are worth the price can only be answered by you, but there definitely is a difference in sound quality compared to cheaper sets (say in the £20-£30 range).

Oh by the way, the box states it's compatible with iPods, iPhones etc, I can also add that it's compatible with Android devices, I can start / stop music using the built-in button on the microphone on headset. The + and - buttons on the headset don't seem to be doing anything on my Samsung S2 though.
on 20 August 2014
I purchased these heaphones purely for use in the gym and on my way to and from the gym. However, my review features multiple aspects, not just gym-related comments.

Appearance/design

I have the black/chrome version and they look very sleek. Despite the chrome Skullcandy logo, these headphones aren't overly ostentatious. Personally, the lack of pretentious design is a positive but some may view this differently. The heaphone wire is longer than most, but it isn't a problem in day to day use if you tuck the wire under your top. The microphone and headphone controls are located in an adequate position. The volume controls only work on IOS devices (iPhone, iPod and iPad), but the microphone and pause and play controls also work with Android devices. One thing these heaphones are really great for is the fact they do not fall out of your ears. I have completed multiple gym, (mainly weights but some running), sessions with these earphones in and not once have they fallen out.

Sound Quality

I am a slight audiophile but I was willing to look past average audio quality for a low price tag. The sound quality is as you'd expect for a pair of heaphones of this price, just average. I was neither impressed or disappointed with the sound quality, it was exactly as I predicted. Unlike many other Skullcandy products, the bass isn't overpowering but it is still prominent. The mids and highs aren't at all spectacular but this comes at no shock. Overall, the sound quality is okay but not impressive. The quality is perfectly fine if audio quality isn't your main concern but being used to higher end products, I have to say it isn't great. Unfortunately, you won't find high quality audio on any headphones with a low end price tag.

In conclusion, for the price of £19.99, these heaphones are a good buy for both general use and gym use. Obviously these aren't for audiophiles but they are perfectly fine for the average customer.
on 21 August 2012
These are perfect for sports and the name 'fix' is true, they do stay fixed in. I think more headphones should be like this. A little video to show you a box opening on them.
These attractive and well designed in-ear Headphones are primarily designed to work with Apple products but will work with Android devices also albeit without the built in microphone functioning.

The sound quality is tight and clear with a good bass response but perhaps not quite the best to be found in this price bracket. The earbuds fit comfortably and unlike most of this type really do seem to be a snug fit and unlikely to come out when exercising. A longer than normal cable is supplied which is good when in the home but can be a disadvantage when exercising or running.

A rigid case of good quality is supplied as are a range of different sized earbuds and the product is supplied in an attractive and upmarket packaging.

If you are looking for a set of good quality mid range in-ear headphones then you could do a lot worse than invest in the Skullcandy Fix 2.0's.

The Good
Excellent sound quality
Carry Case and multiple earbuds supplied
Comfortable to wear
Long cable lead
Good build quality

The Bad
Sound quality could be better
Only partial Android support
Extra long cable can be a problem when exercising
on 16 August 2012
Skullcandy's FIX in-ear earphones are the first buds ive come across that make use of a design which it says will guarantee that the earphones stay in the ear, no matter what you're doing, be it running, rowing, cycling or even just taking a jumper off.

What you get in the box is actually surprisingly considerable. You get the earphones, three sets of different sized buds (small, medium and large) and a neat case within which to place it all. The case is sturdy and discreet with a `carbon-fibre' look about it, making it one of the few cases you may actually end up using regularly.

The fix come with a 'made for apple' in line mic and track control. The controls are easy to use and very handy - id never buy a pair of headphones without one now.

The 'stay in your ears' design isn't all the Fix have going for them. The sound is brilliant. All of the new Skullcandy range seems to have launched with a 'supreme sound' message. In days of old, Skullcandy were always known as more of a fashion headphone brand which appealed to surfers and skateboards, but no longer is this the case. I personally own the new Skullcandy aviators as well and have used the cheaper up rocks in the past, all of which have been amazing quality for their price points. I truly believe Skullcandy have hit the nail on the head with this new range. I go through headphones like there's no tomorrow and I have a feeling these will last me longer than most.

Fast delivery from Amazon too (as always)
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 22 September 2012
These skull-candy earphones combine a distinctive design (which won't appeal to everyone), comfort and functionality (they do stay put), with pretty reasonable sound. The carry case is neat and should offer some protection for the earbuds themselves but not your mp3 player (well maybe a nano at a pinch). They come into their own when attached to ipod products where the inline switch lets you adjust volume and skip back and forth on tracks.

Ultimately I tend to judge earphones on the quality of music reproduction. On that criteria alone these are over priced - you can get better for less. I suppose that in part reflects the 'coolness' of the brand. The packaging is really nice - almost too good to throw away! Given the fix, and the ipod functionality these are a reasonable buy, and very much a step up from anything supplied by apple.
on 9 December 2013
Purchased to mainly use at gym. I wished to isolate the noise from other users/music and not have to worry about them falling out. I have had them for a couple of months and found they do stay in ear without any problems so excellent for that. The noise isolating is good enough for the gym but on a recent flight they did little to isolate the engine noise and I found I needed my ipod on full volume to hear, not to be recommended I understand. That may be affected by the size of the buds used, I found the larger ones rather uncomfortable so use ones that are not so tight and, I assume therefore, not so effective? The lead is very thin and too long for me, I use them with my ipod in my pocket and still have too much lead to tuck out of the way. The length and thickness of the lead mean the cables frequently become tangled, something I really hate. I have found that if I wind them carefully and then do the reverse when about to use them they are not too bad and the small case supplied does keep them in place well. Finally the quality of the sound is not as good as I had hoped for. Still very acceptable in gym/travel use but not significantly better than my standard Apple phones. In spite of the thin leads there has bee no issue regarding breakages. Would I replace them with the same again, probably not but that reflects my particular use and I am sure many others would find them worthy of more stars.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 23 September 2012
I have to say I don't usually like in ear headphones. Mainly because they always used to drop out of my ears.

However, these little beauties stay right in and are extremely comfortable to wear. These aren't classed as noise cancelling headphones, but when you have them in background noise is cut right down.

The lead is very long, it's about 93cm from adaptor to where it splits off to the ear buds, and about 120cm from adaptor to ear bud itself.

It does have a built in microphone and volume controller - however, this only works on iPods and iPads.

The earphones also come with their own carry case, but I don't think I'd be using that. I tend to wrap the earphones around my MP3 player, although I know it probably lessens the life of the earphones.

The earphones come with three different size of rubber tips you put on the ear buds to size them to your fit. Getting the perfect fit should mean they stay in your ears longer and are comfortable.

The only thing I found a bit awkward was getting these out of the packaging. The box is easy to empty, but the internal packaging is hard plastic and the wire is put in through the plastic. I was worried it might have cut them. But I did get them out OK.

Would highly recommend these, the sound quality is fantastic. The headphones I had on my MP3 player were sounding very tinny. I plugged these ones in and the bass and sound was right back to normal.
on 1 May 2013
I bought these as a replacement for a pair of Skullcandy 50/50s, unfortunately the sound quality of the Fix pair didn't live up to the previous pair, or my old Titans. I returned these after a few days due to this.

The main issue with sound quality was the overall balance was not what I'd expect in this price range. The bass response is good, but the high frequencies were overpowering and the mids a little lost in the mix. I was surprised at this given how pleased I've been with the sound for previous products by Skullcandy. If you really really like the high frequencies, especially hi-hats, you might enjoy these!

The physical design seemed good, the buds did indeed seem to have good staying power in my ears. A flat cable would have been nice also, something the 50/50s had.

The microphone and centre button worked perfectly on my HTC android phone and when on a call they were perfectly adequate.

I was really excited to try these but disappointed with them from the outset. I couldn't recommend them. The 50/50s had excellent sound quality and balance, but couldn't recommend them either since they have a tendency to stop working.
VINE VOICEon 14 April 2013
As an owner of an iPad, iTouch and iPod I have gone through many headphones over the years. The Skullcandy earbuds have really hit the nail on the head with both the quality in design and of the acoustics. Equipped with three sizes of earbuds, I found it very easy to find a size which fitted easily and comfortably within my ears. I don't have occasion to use them during exercise but on train commutes lasting over one hour they have proved very comfortable and have provided excellent sound quality.

There is an inline switch which enables you to stop and fast forward music tracks; I've never had this feature before and certainly would look for it if buying any further earphones. The carry case which is provided is slim and extremely compact. Its robust design ensures that the earbuds do not lose their shape and it is an accessory which I continue to use.

All in all I am delighted by this product, it certainly is a step up from the earphones normally provided by Apple.