1,095 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Linux support
I bought this card specifically to be used with Linux since it's the only operating system I use.
I works flawlessly out of the box with Ubuntu 10.10, no configuration needed whatsoever.
After boot clicking the network manager icon will present you the list of available networks.
It can reach N speeds too depending on the signal strength.
The antenna...
Published on 12 Dec. 2010 by ndrchvzz

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage.
Published 7 months ago by E Crombie

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Linux support, 12 Dec. 2010
It can reach N speeds too depending on the signal strength.
The antenna provided can be unscrewed in order to connect a more powerful antenna, which I did, using a TL-ANT2405C.
Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 30 Aug. 2010
At first I wasn't sure about the integrity of this wireless card because it was so cheap. I was searching for a wireless card with Windows 7, 64 bit support
and found this, so far I am very impressed. This Atheros AR9285 chipset is very fast receiving the data over my 54mbps wireless network and compatible with Linux too and it only took 3 days to arrive on the super saver;-))
I am very pleased with this item and would recommend you get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely close to wired speeds over WiFi with this card., 2 Aug. 2014
This review is from: TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 N900 Wireless Dual Band PCI Express Adapter (Personal Computers)
This is a really good card. I just recently got upgraded to Virign Media's 100mbps internet package. The micro wireless USB adapter from Edimax I was using wasn't reaching anywhere near the 100mbps over wireless. I was getting 30-35mbps on a good connection, but it would drop as low as 3-5mbps sometimes, and was just generally unstable. The USB tethering on my phone was fairing a bit better getting me a stable 30-35mbps, buy still nowhere near 100mbps. Even when using my phone or a tablet right next to the hub I was only getting 40-45mbps max. I initially suspected the super hub may be at fault, that maybe it's wireless output signal wasn't up to par, but after reading a lot of positive reviews for this card, and particularly a few reviews I seen from people who have Virgin Media internet connections of 100mbps+ saying they were getting full speeds over WiFi with this card, I decided to buy it to see if it would make a difference, and it did. I'm getting near enough wired speeds with this at about 3 meters away, stable 105-107mbps download on speedtest, and 5-7mbps upload. I'm very happy with the results and would recommend it to anyone who is on a high speed internet package but who find that their hardware is crippling their speeds over WiFi.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great performance!, 8 Dec. 2014
First off, I have been trying to find a wifi card that can maintain my wifi connection without dropping out for about the past 6 months, as my pc is the other side of the house this proved difficult. However, with this being the third and most expensive card i had purchased, i was pinning my hopes on it.

And it sure did deliver.

Not only did it arrive very quickly, it was packaged excellently and was incredibly smooth to install thanks to TP-Link and their diagrammatic instructions. It was as simple as plugging in the card, powering up the pc, putting in my password and it hasn't dropped out once since I installed it, showing a stable 300mbs connection.

I should also mention that I have been using it on the 2.4GHz mode, so cannot say if setup is as smooth configuring 5GHz performance, my router is also made by TP-Link, hence I was pinning hopes on this card to finally work, and it did!

Overall, very happy with the card, it performs well and arrived quickly!

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage., 20 Sept. 2014
Bought this as I was moving in to a new flat and could no longer connect by ethernet cable as the router is in another room. What a mistake this purchase was. My laptop gets around 7mb/s when downloading games on steam and it is old and cheap. This card gets me a whopping ~2.4mb/s and that's when it decides to work, often it will completely disconnect or will randomly go down to useless speeds making it useless for even watching youtube videos. Would highly recommend you avoid this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 Aug. 2012
A massive thank-you to TP-Link for this brilliant card and you guys who have already reviewed this product. Let me explain.

A few weeks ago Virgin media sent me a Netgear Superhub to replace my 10-year-old modem and router. I have a PC running Windows XP, SP3.

I connected the aerial and power lead as instructed, switched on and great my PC recognised the new hub instantly. Choose the Virgin media from the available networks list, put in the passphrase and nothing, it would not connect. Tried over and over again but still it would not connect. I phoned Virgin media who were as helpful as having an ice cream kiosk at the North Pole.

In desperation I turned to the internet (with the help of my sons computer) and search for an answer. This led me to this product and the reviews here on Amazon. I purchased the product installed it which took all of 30 seconds, put the disk in to load the drivers and hey presto instant connection..

Strong signal, works well on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz with no drop out. In short it's a brilliant piece of hardware that actually works. No need to say anymore except if you are looking for a new wireless card or have been experiencing problems with connection then this product could be the answer. Thank-you all again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Drivers a let down, 9 April 2011
C. Hammond "EscapeArtist" (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I ordered this card to replace my previous 54mbps card and the improvement has been notable, especially when streaming media around the house. The only problem I received was the drivers out of the box did not work at all well. Initially the card would drop signal, not see any networks etc. I contacted the support team and they directed me to some third party unsigned drivers that resolved this issue. While I was happy to have this problem resolved, if they are aware of the driver problems, why not release a set of official drivers that work?!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a gaming person so this unit is fine! My PC was upstairs in my bedroom and ..., 16 Jan. 2015
Was looking for a Dual band to connect my Desktop PC.I have a basic Zoomstorm PC for surfing and watching Netflix,now TV and Facebook etc....Not a gaming person so this unit is fine! My PC was upstairs in my bedroom and had a long DSL cable going to my router downstairs which was outside and looked a mess,and overtime wind,rain and the sun killed it!
I saw this unit on Amazon with good reviews so i decided to take the plunge! It came the next day packing was good and unit and instructions where good....So hooked up my Earth strap and dived in....Now i have never in my life looked in a Computer as of the older Generation but on reading and looking i soon found where the device needed to go undid the retaining plate,removed a slot in the back fitted the wireless card onto the motherboard clipped back the holding plate and done in ten mins.. Wow i was done put back the side panel and screwed in the antennas.Connected power and leads and switched on! well computer powered up and windows 8 came alive!
Installed the driver and wahoo the software picked up my router put in my code key and yes connected..Now I have here BT infinity2 here so i decided to see what my internet speed was and this little unit was getting 58 Mbps download and 18 Mbps upload......not bad for a wireless connection.A good buy and easy to do have fun doing it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable connection and speed, 19 April 2013
H. Eaton "Helena Eaton" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This has proved to be an excellent product in a household where we have many devices connected to wireless at any one time. Firstly, and importantly, it's easy to install, even for a non-techie.

Apparently, the adapter means that some activities can be done through the 2.4GHz network while others are on the 5GHz band. The 5GHz is idea for online gaming and video streaming as it provides a more stable signal, not competing with other devices and activities. I don't really know what all that means from a technical point of view, but from a practical point of view, we've noticed a massive different in reliability, signal strength and connection speed.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant...ish..., 26 Jan. 2014
I bought this for a Hackintosh build (Standard PC running the Mac OS). It is one of the most recommended WiFi cards for these builds. I simply plugged it into one of my pci-e ports and booted the Mac partition, went to SysPref>Network and I was prompted to add the newly found WiFi card...simple :)

This machine also runs Windows 7, which is the ish. It seems on Mac the downloads speeds are about 4 times as high, not sure if this is my PC, the Mac partition or the card itself however it's not problem.

Pro's:
Works OOB (Out Of Box) on both Mac and Windows 7 (Windows has an optional driver)
Discrete with the pci-e connetion
3 interchangeable aerials/antenna's
No heat
No noise

Con's:
Not the cheapest of cards
Ariels are a bit fiddly to make tight and keep at the right angle

Overview:
Brilliant for Hackintosh build, a little less brilliant for Windows but it's no big deal. A little steep for a cheap build, but if money is no object, buy 3. Long story short, it's a good all round small adapter with brilliant compatibility with Mac.

Hope this helps:)