on 18 October 2012
Great product and price. Looks good, sounds good. You get a lot for your money, what you expect from SONY.
on 29 November 2012
Excellent product - having made the final seperation from my CD collection I finally felt ready to replace my mini Hifi CD/Radio etc with an iPod dock; the 1st I bought for about £25 and the sound quality was rubbish - very disappointed.
So I decided to go for a brand I could trust - Sony and its true what they say about price - buy cheap, buy twice.
At less than £50 the sound quality and general 'feel' of the dock is miles better - its great and I love it.

I use it in my bedroom but have friends with the same item in the kitchen!

Highly recommended!
on 16 September 2012
This is an excellent product with a good FM radio and easy to use. Well worth the money. The remote control is very handy and easy to use. I can firmly recommend this clock radio and ipod dock.
on 31 December 2012
The Sony dock came quickly and so that was a bonus, its just the right size, not too long or too high. The sound quality is average, when compared to Beats by Dr. Dre it is pretty bad, but for £50 pounds its sound enough, although when the volume is only on 17 the speaker starts cackling like a radio which isn't that great either. The remote which it came with was also a bonus for me although it felt really fragile and light in your hands, the buttons are hard to work but the range in which it could operate in was fantastic. The clock radio is probably the best feature the screen is backlit and glows blue, its extremely accurate. Onto the radio now, the sound quality was superb although tuning it for the first time took a while, the only bad thing was that instead of there being an aerial it came with a 50cm piece of wire which just dangles of the speaker onto the ground, I mean they they this is portables but with a power lead and a thin piece of wire dangling form it.... I don't think so! This was my first ever dock but I have tried many in HMV, it certainly looks cooler than most at HMV but the sound quality? well that could be debatable. The Bass isn't that strong although the sound is (sometimes) crisp and clear. So to sum up:

Pros-
good size
charges your Ipod
accurate clock
good radio
remote included

Cons-
flimsiness of remote
dangling piece of wire for an aerial
Mediocre sound for something that was £50!!!
cackling of speakers
not so portable
on 27 August 2012
Purchased this machine as our old cheap speakers gave up the ghost. Very impressed with the sound quality and ease of use. It comes completely set up with date/time and has an internal battery for when you get a power cut (which we do very often here in Cyprus). Remote also has a battery ready loaded which does make a pleasant change. Remote very responsive and easy to dock/undock. It charges the Ipod/phone whilst in the docking station and the connection seems to be very sturdy unlike some of the cheaper ones we looked at. Very light to carry around so moving it from house to garden is simple. We haven't set up the radio as living here you can only get decent stations with SW frequency. The alarm setting looks to be good as you have a choice of two different alarms so if you have two people getting up at different times then it could be useful.

System comes complete with a 2 year guarantee (which as the batteries are fitted in the factory covers them as well). So far very very impressed.
on 15 January 2013
Purchased this item for my Grand-daughter for Christmas..She is very happy with it, wanted White, but not available. Delivered on time. She is 13 and very particular! This is exactly what she wanted, it does everything it says it should do, on the box, and is used every day! Tried to buy locally, but not available, even at a Sony dealer.
on 13 July 2012
Bought for my 10 year old daughter, she now has her own alarm and iPod dock, the sound is good for an average sized bedroom. The dock is also very simple to set up and use,,, very pleased.
on 16 September 2012
Always a bit unsure about ipod dock speakers but this unit sounds great. Powerful enough with a decent radio to boot.
on 29 December 2012
Bought this for my bedroom after reading reviews, gives 7 watts output and is ideal for bedroom or smaller room size.Easy set up good radio coverage in FM/AM Remote control works lovely especially when using iphone/ipod.
on 26 May 2013
Didn't buy mine from Amazon (Argos) as I wanted one immediately but paid around the same as Amazon have it.

It is a nice product well built as per the norm with Sony who seem to be regaining their reputation for quality electronics. The sound is very good for such a small product, more than adequate for a bedroom which is where mine is sited. I don't think it would be good as your 'main' sound system but after all this is not what this product is designed to be. It is a bit 'boomy' at higher volume levels, but I haven't fiddled with all the settings yet so it may be possible to eliminate this.

The dimmable LED display is useful and easily operated, you can switch it off completely if you wish and it will still illuminate and show you the time when the alarm goes off.

It is not a DAB radio but you can get a DAB version for more money if a DAB version is what you are after, I wasn't as DAB reception where we live is variable to poor so I saved a bit of money, FM is fine for me (I don't bother with AM) Plus note if you use a radio app. on your iPhone you can listen through that thus rendering DAB redundant anyway.

The remote is handy if a little too small.

The product is bigger than it looks in some of the pictures as it has a larger protruding section behind the speakers. This is no doubt there to help with the audio quality giving the speakers a bit more 'oomph'. but be aware it is not quite as slender as it might initially appear.

The ability to wake to your iPod/iPhone is useful as is the dual alarm feature.

All in all a very good product that probably is worth 4.5 stars rather than 4 but you don't get that option on the review site.