on 2 May 2012
I got the LG Optimus L3 from a well known phone shop, I am really happy with the handset, Ive owned a few android smartphones now and never been very impressed but this little handset is just great.

The size is really nice and compact and doesnt weigh me down. The speed as I move around the handset is also really quick.

The camera takes good pictures it 3MP which is better than my digital camera , I have been taking more pictures than ever.

I would reccomend this handset to anybody and its also a great price.
on 2 May 2012
This an excellent small smart phone. I spent several weeks researching how I could get a quality small android gingerbread mobile for near to £100 and the LG Optimus L3 E400 ticked all the right boxes for me.

The screen resolution is fine for everything I want to do.
The 3Mbite enhanced camera takes very good photographs.
The LG touch-screen keyboard is tiny but very accurate - I make more mistakes with my 7inch Android Tablet keyboard.
The LG supplied Launcher Software is so good that I am not going to bother upgrading it.
Somehow, LG have even squeezed a compass sensor in with all the other sensor technology.
It has one of the biggest Mobile batteries in terms of capacity that I have had in a modern mobile - hence good battery life!
The pre-supplied apps all seem to be good and the phone runs all the additional apps that I have added with very few problems.
People comment on how good it looks.

I have found an excellent soft case that fits perfectly and gives my phone good protection. See the following link...
Lowepro Dublin 10 Pouch for Camera - Black/Arctic Blue
This case comes in several colours and is really for a very small camera but the internal dimensions match very well.

All in all this phone gives me the Android functionality I need without carrying a modern smart-phone brick around in my pocket.
review image
33 comments|49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 July 2012
Essentially, the reason I purchased this smartphone was being able to access the web when not at home, with a device that would fit a jeans' pocket.

In that regard (and many others as well), this little piece of technology is truly amazing.

Do not be put off by the screen's dimensions: it is extraordinarily accurate, so you'll be able to manage it without any effort whatsoever. I truly didn't expect it to be so good. I also love the way the text instantly "adapts" to the zooming in-out: it makes it effortless to read.

And installing additional apps from the smartphone itself is a breeze: I got an additional browser (Opera mobile), and a security suite (Avast). I also purchased an excellent case, specifically designed for this item, here's the ASIN: B008ETTP0A.
on 8 May 2012
I chose the L3 handset as I wanted a smallish smartphone, I liked the design and it seemed like the newest out there. I found it quite easy to select the options I wanted and it responded quickly to my touch.
I tend to talk but mainly text on my mobiles but I also wanted the option to use facebook and download apps. I downloaded the free Google Books app and it was quick over wifi to download. The screen was more than adequate to read ebooks on, the screen is wider than most of the phones that I looked at so it was easy to read and surprisingly clear. The battery lasted almost 2 days after its first charge! It does have a camera (but no flash) but I do tend to use my digital camera for most of my pics anyway. I would definitely recommend the L3 if your after something small and practical.
on 12 March 2014
Considering I bought this android phone 1-2 years ago for around £45 and I am still using it, I am very happy with the value for money.

Build Quality 4.5/5
Considering I have dropped this phone at least once, it has not given up on me and I am thankful for this sturdy metal build quality.

Conclusion 4/5
If you are expecting to install many Apps on this LG, I advise you to buy another mobile device with more system memory as after a handful of games, this phone reports that I am low on memory. Also, if you have too many text messages, you can run out of memory quickly, which forces you to delete some messages!

If you found this review helpful, please comment and click on Yes! :)
on 31 December 2013
One bad review of this phone griped on about the poor quality of the screen. Whilst I may be a blind old git, it seems perfectly fine to me. What do people expect from a cheapie ? My only moan is that it opens apps etc. a little too easily whilst performing a scroll. There is probably a setting that can be altered to adjust the sensitivity, but I can't be bothered to look. My other "only moan" is that it is an ugly slab of a thing, however I bought a cheap leather cover for it - now it looks fine.
on 13 February 2013
Nice phone and it works very well. I am very happy with my purchase. I believe LG is a good make and hopefully I will remain happy with my phone.
on 12 October 2014
Cheapest smartphone you can buy. Unlocked, so works on any network. If, like me, you don't live your life through your phone but want the functionality to use occasionally then this gives it to you without the ridiculous cost associated with the rest of the smartphone world. This is my second to replace one I bought 4 years ago. The touchscreen eventually became faulty after I dropped it one too many times.
on 4 January 2015
great basic phone. and virtually indestructible! lost count of the amount of times i've droped this on hard surfaces from a great height and the screen remains intact and in fully fuctional order, compared to some of my friends with much more expensive phones that break as soon as you drop them once! it doesnt have the best screen and it's not a fast phone, don't try and run any but the most basic apps as the phone is too slow, and you wont be able to store many apps without running out of phone space as not many apps can be moved to a micro sd card and only has 1 gig internal, and the camera is pretty rubbish... but what it can do is store all your music with a big micro sd card... and..make phone calls and send text messages. so if you just want to make phone calls and listen to music and prone to your phone dropping out of your pocket often then this is a great phone!
on 4 April 2013
At first was a little unsure but after a few months I've come to really like this phone - it is small, light and solid and does everything i want - the voice recognition software is amazingly accurate if you speak clearly! Maybe the onscreen keyboard is a bit small and the camera so-so but as a photographer this would never be my camera of choice anyway. If you need the latest "in" phone then walk on by , however if a phone is a useful tool rather than a toy or fashion statement then this one has all you need .