5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome cheap android handset
I got the LG Optimus L3 from a well known phone shop, I am really happy with the handset, Ive owned a few android smartphones now and never been very impressed but this little handset is just great.

The size is really nice and compact and doesnt weigh me down. The speed as I move around the handset is also really quick.

The camera takes good...
Published on 2 May 2012 by badabing

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really that good...
LG Optimus L3, I would say is a good entry-level smartphone for its price...

Published 12 months ago by Kyriakos

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome cheap android handset, 2 May 2012
This review is from: LG E400 Optimus L3 Black (Electronics)

The camera takes good pictures it 3MP which is better than my digital camera , I have been taking more pictures than ever.

I would reccomend this handset to anybody and its also a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent small smartphone, 2 May 2012
F. Thompson (North Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LG E400 Optimus L3 Black (Electronics)
This an excellent small smart phone. I spent several weeks researching how I could get a quality small android gingerbread mobile for near to £100 and the LG Optimus L3 E400 ticked all the right boxes for me.

The screen resolution is fine for everything I want to do.
The 3Mbite enhanced camera takes very good photographs.
The LG touch-screen keyboard is tiny but very accurate - I make more mistakes with my 7inch Android Tablet keyboard.
The LG supplied Launcher Software is so good that I am not going to bother upgrading it.
Somehow, LG have even squeezed a compass sensor in with all the other sensor technology.
It has one of the biggest Mobile batteries in terms of capacity that I have had in a modern mobile - hence good battery life!
The pre-supplied apps all seem to be good and the phone runs all the additional apps that I have added with very few problems.
People comment on how good it looks.

I have found an excellent soft case that fits perfectly and gives my phone good protection. See the following link...
Lowepro Dublin 10 Pouch for Camera - Black/Arctic Blue
This case comes in several colours and is really for a very small camera but the internal dimensions match very well.

All in all this phone gives me the Android functionality I need without carrying a modern smart-phone brick around in my pocket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for browsing the web, 15 July 2012
Giorgio (Como (CO), Italy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LG E400 Optimus L3 Black (Electronics)
Essentially, the reason I purchased this smartphone was being able to access the web when not at home, with a device that would fit a jeans' pocket.

In that regard (and many others as well), this little piece of technology is truly amazing.

Do not be put off by the screen's dimensions: it is extraordinarily accurate, so you'll be able to manage it without any effort whatsoever. I truly didn't expect it to be so good. I also love the way the text instantly "adapts" to the zooming in-out: it makes it effortless to read.

And installing additional apps from the smartphone itself is a breeze: I got an additional browser (Opera mobile), and a security suite (Avast). I also purchased an excellent case, specifically designed for this item, here's the ASIN: B008ETTP0A.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Optimus L3, 8 May 2012
This review is from: LG E400 Optimus L3 Black (Electronics)
I chose the L3 handset as I wanted a smallish smartphone, I liked the design and it seemed like the newest out there. I found it quite easy to select the options I wanted and it responded quickly to my touch.
I tend to talk but mainly text on my mobiles but I also wanted the option to use facebook and download apps. I downloaded the free Google Books app and it was quick over wifi to download. The screen was more than adequate to read ebooks on, the screen is wider than most of the phones that I looked at so it was easy to read and surprisingly clear. The battery lasted almost 2 days after its first charge! It does have a camera (but no flash) but I do tend to use my digital camera for most of my pics anyway. I would definitely recommend the L3 if your after something small and practical.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really that good..., 8 Nov 2013
This review is from: LG E400 Optimus L3 Black (Electronics)
LG Optimus L3, I would say is a good entry-level smartphone for its price...

At a first glance, this phone looks fairly heavy. Even though this device is robust and insensitive to damages, it is surprisingly lightweight and feels comfortable to the hand. The average 3,2" screen has a mediocre resolution which rarely doesn't respond to touch. The battery life is ordinary and with light everyday use it will probably need charging every 2-3 days. However, battery drains rapidly when surfing the internet or listening to music!

One of the major disadvantages is its memory which holds approximately 5-7 downloaded apps (depending on size). If your main e-mail address is other than Gmail, than I would recommend you look at a different phone as the pre-installed app "Email" doesn't work. Another problem would be that this device isn't compatible with several applications on Google Play, due to its small screen and the tiring 800 MHz single-core processor which will also affect your browsing experience. Lastly, the quality of the camera is horrendous even though you would probably expect something decent of a 3.2 megapixel camera. As if that wasn't bad enough, there is a lack of both flash and front-facing cam.

To sum up, I would say this makes a good first smartphone but in comparison to other smartphones, it is a failure! However, you can't expect too much for what little you are paying...

4.0 out of 5 stars LG E400 -Good Smart phone for the price!, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: LG E400 Optimus L3 Black (Electronics)
Considering I bought this android phone 1-2 years ago for around £45 and I am still using it, I am very happy with the value for money.

Build Quality 4.5/5
Considering I have dropped this phone at least once, it has not given up on me and I am thankful for this sturdy metal build quality.

Conclusion 4/5
If you are expecting to install many Apps on this LG, I advise you to buy another mobile device with more system memory as after a handful of games, this phone reports that I am low on memory. Also, if you have too many text messages, you can run out of memory quickly, which forces you to delete some messages!

If you found this review helpful, please comment and click on Yes! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice phone., 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: LG E400 Optimus L3 Black (Electronics)
Nice phone and it works very well. I am very happy with my purchase. I believe LG is a good make and hopefully I will remain happy with my phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough cheap smartie, 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: LG E400 Optimus L3 Black (Electronics)
One bad review of this phone griped on about the poor quality of the screen. Whilst I may be a blind old git, it seems perfectly fine to me. What do people expect from a cheapie ? My only moan is that it opens apps etc. a little too easily whilst performing a scroll. There is probably a setting that can be altered to adjust the sensitivity, but I can't be bothered to look. My other "only moan" is that it is an ugly slab of a thing, however I bought a cheap leather cover for it - now it looks fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars like me, you don't live your life through your ..., 12 Oct 2014
H. Davies - See all my reviews
This review is from: LG E400 Optimus L3 Black (Electronics)
Cheapest smartphone you can buy. Unlocked, so works on any network. If, like me, you don't live your life through your phone but want the functionality to use occasionally then this gives it to you without the ridiculous cost associated with the rest of the smartphone world. This is my second to replace one I bought 4 years ago. The touchscreen eventually became faulty after I dropped it one too many times.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice phone, shame about the battery life., 31 July 2012
This review is from: LG E400 Optimus L3 Black (Electronics)
Nice looking phone, easy to work your way around but I'm finding the short battery life very annoying. I carefully fully charged and discharged it at first use but it still only lasts about 24 hours tops even with low use. Also, making and receiving calls with a screen guard on is nigh-on impossible. Better to invest in a cover that protects the screen when it's not in use. Having said that, I got it a LOT cheaper from Amazon than I would have paid here in Greece (currently on offer at around 250!!).

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›