1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent surprise!, 13 May 2013
This review is from: Genome (Kindle Edition)
Now, when I say it was a 'surprise' I don't mean this in a derogatory way, as in I was surprised it was good - I mean that given the title and book cover I was surprised at how the content grasped my attention and kept me reading all day until I had finished it! There was a lot of techno stuff in here about artificial intelligence, DNA and the like and I cannot pretend I understood it, but the way in which it was written made me enjoy it; I found it fascinating to read. Now, not intending to be sexist in the least, but I wonder how many women have been put off by the title or the science aspect? Don't be!! Stick with it as it's a wonderful love story too - and I thought the way Mr Henson mixed the science, super-natural and love story was great. I think the characters were well developed and the relationships between them interesting. If anything, I would've liked the novel to have been longer, with perhaps more development of the supernatural side to equal the science side. Also would be interested in where this technology could go in the future! As I was reading, I could envisage the movie...A real treat, give it a go!

Genome