5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice pens!
Published on 18 Dec. 2012 by Mr. I. B. Hunter

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe the warranty registration.
Published 19 months ago by A. O. Shea

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice pens!, 18 Dec. 2012
Mr. I. B. Hunter "Ian Hunter" (Horsham W.Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Trent Arcadia (2PCS) Clickpen Stylus/Styli with Micro-Knit Tip for all capacitive Touchscreen Smartphones and Tablets. (TwinPack: Black + White) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I have ordered a few different pens like these, not too much difference in price but these are really the best I have used so far. These pens have weight to them so they don't feel cheap and dreadful like the ones I ordered before but most importantly there is a plastic protector between the micro-knit stylus and your much worried about screen. Don't save on the odd pound by selecting an inferior stylus, just buy these and enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars My number one stylus, 13 May 2013
I have ordered and received many stylus pens over some time. Some have been rubber tipped which I found good for the time that they lasted which sadly was never long as I use a stylus almost constantly and for many purposes. The mesh fabric tipped stylus pens have been a game changer for me in terms of durability and sensitivity and this Trent Arcadia pen has something that sends it to the top of my list of best stylus ever. It has a retractable tip which is critical for me as my stylus has to spend much of its life in my pocket accompanied by all the menacing junk therein. Without this feature my stylus head would be dirty and possibly even damaged in a short time. It is the perfect size and weight for my hands and I could not be without it now. I have only had it for 2 weeks but I know it will last judging by its impressive sturdy build. Buy this product and you will not be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars This one will last, 23 April 2013
This stylus has one advantage over most other mesh-tip styluses: the click-retraction mechanism means that the tip is protected when not in use (if you only remember to use it).

The plastic ring around the end where the tip comes out at first irritated me, because it makes it hard to fit the stylus into the tight elastic strap on my tablet case. After a few weeks of intermittent use I accidentally dislodged it, and only then did I discover the finer points of it:
Not only does it protect your screen from the metal of the actual stylus, you can move this small bit of plastic up or down, and by doing this change the shape of the mesh-tip! This is quite useful if you tend to work at different angles for different tasks, not to mention that everyone has their own preferences. More vertical: slide the ring down so the tip becomes a half-ball. More angled: slide the ring higher up and you have a tip that is shaped more like a fat lightbulb.

Since this seems like a very sturdy and well built stylus that will last a long time I can't quite understand why they are sold in packets of two - but I'm not complaining :-).

Only things I don't quite like (hence only 4 stars) are 1. The clip - could be a bit more flexible and less sharp, and 2. the whole stylus could be a bit longer - 20-25 mm more and it would be absolutely perfect.

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe the warranty registration., 5 Oct. 2013
A. O. Shea (Bedfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
As a stylus they work ok, although not the best I've had. The click-to-close is really useful, but I am not sure what the plastic end is for? The micro-knit is definitely better than the usual rubber tips. What really annoyed was the warning that registration online within 10 days was compulsory for a warranty. A 1 year guarantee is a legal requirement, not a courtesy, and cannot be conditional upon supplying them with personal data and registration.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, smooth stylus, 9 July 2012
L. Geller "Mom of 4" (NJ, USA) - See all my reviews
This stylus is definitely different from others I have purchased. Instead of the normal foam tip, this stylus has a soft, metallic mesh material. It is very soft (will not cause scratches), but still firm enough to write clearly. It glides across the tablet/phone screen much more smoothly than the foam type, due to the unique mesh material. I used this stylus and a more conventional one side-by-side, and I prefer the NewTrent stylus, hands-down. It also is retractable (via a small spring-loaded button at the top, similar to a regular retractable pen), which causes the stylus tip to retract into the barrel when not in use. This means that the tip can't get torn or damaged, and it also can't pick up little bits of dirt/crumbs which could possible scratch the screen of your device. I gave it 4 stars instead of 5, only because sometimes the soft tip is not responsive when held at too much of a horizontal angle, however most styli I have used have a similar issue. If this could be modified to have a greater range of use (able to be used at a less "upright" angle), I will give it 5 stars (but to be fair, I haven't yet found a stylus that can do that).

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. Exactly as given in product description, 6 July 2013
I have been using the stylus for about 3 weeks now. The greatest advantage of this stylus over other products is that it's micro fiber tip asked the stylus top glide smoothly across the screen. This allows me to use text input applications like Swype and TouchPal which require you to glide across the keyboard instead of tapping letters. This was almost impossible with rubber tipped styluses. I tried using many unbranded rubber tipped styluses, a targus stylus and the bamboo stylus - none of them are as good as this.

Another use in which the smoothness of the stylus scores is for sketching, painting or photo editing apps that require brush strokes. I did some sketches using Autodesk Sketcbook Pro and found that the smoothness considerably reduced the effort and time taken.
The smoothness of the stylus is also very useful while highlighting text in documents.

The stylus performed very well while taking notes using a handwriting app. On a couple of occasions the stroke broke even though I had not lifted the stylus from the screen, though this was so rare as to not be an issue.

While the tip is slightly squishy I did not find it to be a problem.The squishiness of the tip was also an issue in rubber tipped styluses.

The stylus is equally usable from most angles without any reduction in performance when going from holding the pen perfectly perpendicular to the screen, where the tip of the stylus touches the screen, to highly inclined where the edges of the stylus touch the screen. When using the stylus at such angles it is very comforting to know that the silicon casing at the bottom will prevent the edges of the pen from scratching the screen.

The ability to retract the tip when not in use is a very nice feature. It will protect the tip from handling damage when not in use. It will also prevent dirty from getting on the tip when left in backpacks etc

However there are some minor issues. While using handwriting apps I was not able to make a dot using the stylus most times even though I had been comfortably doing the same using rubber styluses in the same app. I had to limit myself to dotting my i s and question marks with small lines. This would also become a problem in intricate sketching. However I did manage to do some photo editing that required very small strokes to smart select very small parts of the photo.

Similarly while reading documents the stylus is not very effective for tapping to turn pages. Many times a tap is not recognised by the device. This function was never a problem with rubber styluses.

Suggestions for improvement

I found the clip on the stylus highly annoying and useless. It prevented me from changing my grip on the stylus. Since I have long fingers I grip the stylus along my index finger with my thumb. The clip keeps looking my thumb. I don't believe anybody who owns a tablet would be dorky enough to clip the stylus to their shirt or pant pocket.

Since I'm using the stylus for long periods now my fingers start aching like with any normal pen. A soft rubber grip on the body of the pen would be good.

My overall score for the pen would be 4.5 out of 5.
I have taken off 0.25 for ergonomics and 0.25 for sensitivity to taps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 27 Dec. 2012
Love it. Perfect performance on an Asus Transformer Prime. The tip can be retracted so to protect it from dust and damages.
Maybe the stylus is a bit too short but after few minutes of usage you won't notice that.

3.0 out of 5 stars It does the job, 22 July 2012
This is the second stylus pen I have tried. Where the first one had a rubber tip, this one has a mesh fiber tip as well as a metal spring inside (which you can hear when you press down). I found that you need to keep the pen closer to a 90 degree angle when pressing down. If you held the pen casually, at an angle, it definitely had a harder time. Neither stylus was anywhere near as good as your finger as far as screen sensitivity. That said, if you do a lot of precision clicking (e.g. clicking on a one character long URL) or use a handwriting app, this stylus will get the job done.

One thing I really liked about this particular model though is that it has a retractable tip and a pen clip - very handy if you use it a lot and want to keep it in your pocket for easy access.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylus, 31 Aug. 2012
I bought this product about 2 weeks ago for my Xoom tablet. Mainly I was hoping for a stylus that was usable for draw something. ;) However, I now use this stylus just about every time I use my tablet. It is great for using basically whenever. I like how it writes like a pen, and it is pretty accurate.
Pro's: Writes like a pen. Much better than your finger when drawing or writing. Less finger fatigue when typing long things.
Con's: Big tip on it is the size of your finger. ---> No precision like the old-school pda stylus.
Verdict:4/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Stylus I've used!, 13 Aug. 2014
Laurel (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
My experience with using a stylus for my iPad and iPhone has not been great in the past. Previously, I have used a discount store stylus that was a bit too small to use comfortably. My old stylus had a rubber tip that kept falling off. I wasn’t sure what to expect when I received the NT36T Stylus Pens, but I was immediately surprised and very pleased. The pens have a great weight and feel just right in my hand. Also, having a click pen design, the microfiber tip retracts into the pen when not in use, so it does not get damaged during travel. There is a clip on the stylus pen just like a regular ballpoint pen, so I can clip it to the cover of my iPad. The tip is made of a spongy type material that is covered by some sort of microfiber material that glides effortlessly across a tablet. I was very pleased with the construction of the tip of the stylus. The give that the tip provides while in use on a tablet made me feel like I was protecting the surface of my tablet more than I had with the other stylus I had tried.
While I am extremely pleased with this product, I do have one suggestion. I tried this product out with a variety of apps ranging from note taking to drawing to games. I did have some trouble with selecting smaller points on the screen and had to tap a few times in different ways to get the stylus to work. I wonder if it would be good instead of sending two of the same size in a package to send one with the standard tip and one with a slightly smaller tip for sketching and selecting small items (like clicking the box on a survey).
Otherwise, I think this product would be great for anyone with a tablet. Jobs that utilize tablet technology, such as industrial design, teachers and engineers, not to mention artists, would really enjoy this product.