on 7 December 2012
Some great ideas.... Just wish some one would do a UK specific version of this kind of book, some ingredients different or hard to get..... Also have to convert the measurements in to metric.
77 comments|41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 January 2013
This book has alot of really tasty, simple to prepare recipes. I'm a terrible cook and even I manage to put the dishes together. I bought the book in order to burn fat and get lean. I weighed 157 pounds and after two weeks I dropped 5 pounds. And thats without ever being hungry and without having to eat rabbit food all the time. It also gives a simple calculation at the beginning so you know exactly how many grams of fat, carbs and proteins you should consume each day, I found this really helpful.
33 comments|49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 January 2014
The thing I like most about this book is how the recipes are separated into those that are for gaining muscle and those that are best for trying to lose weight. I also like that all the nutritional data is included too, taking away the need to work out the calories etc. for myself. I really enjoy this author's books as they are always easy to read and follow and very informative!
on 17 February 2016
The book is laid out in a very basic way so isn't terribly appealing, and at first glance the recipes in the book are also very simplistic - on reading them I wasn't at all sure I would want to cook anything. However, I have now tried 5 or 6 and they have all been much nicer than they sound. Having most sections split into the 2 options of recipes for getting lean and recipes for getting big is very useful especially if, like me, you have higher or lower macros depending on if it's a training day.
on 8 July 2013
I ordered this item as I would like to vary my diet from the monotony of eating plain boring foods to gain muscle and lose fat. So far I have tried the Indian Chicken curry, I found it easy to make and delicious. There is a great variety of meals, and I'm looking forward to working my way through them.

The only hang up on this product is that it's missing photographs of the finished meals which is something I like in a cook book, I can only think that the lack of photos is because of frugality and trying to keep the costs of printing low. I would recommend this cook book but if an alternative is available with illustrations I would probably buy that one instead.

Peace
55 comments|23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 July 2014
Enjoying the variety of meals now knowing that what I am cooking is still healthy for me. Bye bye to the boring chicken I was having and thankyou Michael. I have tried the curry, very nice, honey glazed chicken didn't turn out great but probably my cooking and next is the chicken stroganoff mmmm
on 16 June 2012
This book is very helpful and the title says it all.

The only remark I had was that some of the meals are high in calories 600 and more. This, however, made sense when I read Mike's other book Bigger Lean And Stronger (which is great book by the way), in that book bulking is one of the strategies that you might need to do in order to gain muscles.

For me, since lossint fat is my main goal, i use mainly the 400 calories and kess meals, which are many recipes, I also tweak the high calories ones to make them within the 400 calories mark.

In short regardless of your goal (shredding and losing fat or bulking and gaining muscles) this book helsps you get there in a delecious way :)
on 7 July 2014
...as they are in cups, not lbs and ounces or kg and milligrams as they're American recipes. Some things are the American version of ingredients too, zucchini for example - use courgette instead. Saying that this is a great book. There are recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. These recipes are split into 2 groups, recipes for gaining weight for those who bodybuilding and recipes for losing weight which are for both bodybuilders and anyone else who needs to lose weight. That's right, food you can eat that loses weight! (With some exercise of course, they're not eat yourself thin recipes!) Worth buying if you're wanting to lose weight like me or if you're looking for better meals to fit into your training.
on 27 July 2013
This book will totally revolutionise your healthy eating and dispels the myth that eating a bodybuilding diet is boring and repetitive. There are tasty recipes for all times of the day and each meal has a detailed calorie and macro breakdown. I had been bored of eating cold brown rice or sweet potatoes for lunch but now with the addition of things like cous cous salad and ctranberry quinoa salad I look forward to lunch each day. Although designed with recipes for cutting and bulking this book would also be great for anybody wanting to follow a balanced, nutritious diet and most of the meals are easy to make and don't require trips to obscure shops to get hold of the ingredients. The only thing us Brits may have to do is google what some of the ingredients are since Mike is an American author (who knew cilantro is just coriander and flaxseeds are sold as linseeds in the UK!). The only slight criticism is that as a paperback the book doesn't stay open at the page which is handy when you are following a recipe but this is not the author's fault and can be remedied by weighing the book down. Buy this book and look forward to each and every meal!
on 8 July 2012
I just bought this book having first read Mike's book on weight training (which is also great by the way). I have some experience on what to eat while working out, but found that this provided some innovative, and most importantly tasty, alternatives to the standard chicken breast, egg white and brown rice diet. Mike lays out a number of practical snacks and recipes for both bulking up and cutting. While I haven't tried many of them yet, I look forward to putting them to the test. Just to add, Mike is on hand and happy to help with any follow up questions - an approach which I found to be unexpected and helpful.

SG