on 28 June 2011
I would highly recommend this book - however if you get it, get the book & CD set.

There are references in the book which relate to specific points on the CDs to help with pronounciation etc.

I love this little book - it really helps with understanding the language which, from a novice point of view, I think is important.

I'm still working my way through it & more importantly, enjoying it!
on 2 May 2013
The book seems well written and informative, but I bought this for the embedded audio facility - after all, this is what makes the book different from other kindle language books, and I guess is why it costs so much (nearly £20.00). On the amazon site it says clearly that the audio content is available on the Kindle Fire HD (7). However, it isn't. When you tap the speaker icon to play dialogues, there is an error message. I've just spent 30 minutes with the extremely helpful Kindle technical staff, and they could not sort out the problem, so I'm now getting a refund. Beware!
on 14 March 2012
A companion set in Italian had allowed us in no time at all to get started in Italian - sufficiently to practise on the natives without breaking out in a dead sweat. By comparison, the structure of this set is different (it starts with learning how to pronounce the alphabet) and, despite three attempts, I've been unable even to get properly started. I believe a foreign language set that starts directly with simple phrases would be both more helpful and motivating. In addition, for those of us eager to learn by listening and repeating on a long car journey, constant references to a companion book are less tha helpful.
on 30 January 2012
I have just started leraning Turkish and need a good starting point to learn this fasciating but difficult language to lear (in my openion at least. This book has been providing the help I need as an absolute beginer. However I expected it to have more in the way of help to build centences, because I find this to be one of the greater chanlenges with the Turkish language. Still the overal content of the book is very helpful and I have been enjoying studying it when I get the time to do so. I would recommend it, alond with a good grammar book.
on 28 October 2014