5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable. Sequel please?
Well acquainted with crime thrillers of the film variety, I thought I'd give this literary genre a go too and honestly, I couldn't put it down!

Published on 8 April 2012 by Charlie

3.0 out of 5 stars Scare the ET right out of ya!
A good read, well written and enjoyable. The 'baddies' dont make it into the story right until the end, which in one way is a shame, but it works well here.
Published 21 months ago by kernowjet

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable. Sequel please?, 8 April 2012
This review is from: Trade-off (Kindle Edition)

The novel begins in typical fashion with the discovery of a body, but this is where the familiarity ends. It quickly becomes apparent that this is not your usual `straight forward' crime scene; in fact the murder seems entirely impossible.

Casey rapidly blurs the lines of `good' and `evil', `right' and `wrong' and soon you don't know who to trust. The plot is dynamic and well paced; the characters likeable and lifelike.

Halfway through I thought I'd clocked onto the truth, but how wrong I was. This plot is full of twists and turns and keeps you in suspense until the final pages. Unputdownable. Sequel please?

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 8 April 2012
This review is from: Trade-off (Kindle Edition)
This is the first book I've read by Tom Kasey, and I'm hooked! It was an excellent read - so much so that I was reluctant to put it down. I will certainly look out for this author again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Non-stop action - a fantastic read, 22 May 2012
supasox (Telford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trade-off (Kindle Edition)
Yes, it's a cliché, but I found it hard to put this book down.

A very original story idea and a really gripping read, with the narrative switching quickly back and forth between the different threads, keeping it fast-paced and interesting. The two main characters are likeable, no-nonsense types that I found very easy to warm to.

I'd love to see more from this author and maybe even from these characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 9 Jun 2012
This review is from: Trade-off (Kindle Edition)
This is the best book I have read in a long time ( and I do read a lot of this genre). As other reviewers have said it hooks you from the start, but it moves in mysterious ways, leaving images and cause for thought for a long time after the book is finished. That is what a really good read should do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rivoting, 9 May 2012
This review is from: Trade-off (Kindle Edition)
This is without doubt one of the very best novels I have read. Absolutely rivoting from the start and able to keep me reading well past my bedtime. It was right up my street as amongst my favourite authors are Lee Child and Vince Flynn for adventure hero types and this was every bit as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars For Crime and Thriller Fans Alike., 14 Mar 2012
This review is from: Trade-off (Kindle Edition)
When a body mysteriously turns up in Beaver Creek, Western Montana FBI agent Kaufmann and British police officer Hunter are sent to investigate. It soon becomes apparent that the murder occurred under impossible circumstances, and Kaufmann and Hunter are pulled off the case by superior orders. Hunter makes it clear he is not willing to let go of the case and when a clean up team are sent to eliminate everyone with any involvement in the case and agent Kaufmann is abducted Hunter goes straight to Washington to get to the bottom of it. Trade Off is a great, easy read and should appeal to fans of both thriller and crime readers alike. The action is well paced and I'd be interested to read any follow-up by same author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trade Off, 13 Aug 2012
This review is from: Trade-off (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this book onto my Kindle for free. I was gripped from beginning to end and couldn't put it down due to the suspense, wondering what move Hunter & Riley would do next! I would highly recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastical, 10 April 2013
This review is from: Trade-off (Kindle Edition)
When a body is found in a farmer's field, apparently having been killed by the human thigh bone now protruding from its skull, local Sheriff Dick Reilly makes the wise decision to call in the Feds. Special Agent Kauffman and British Met Police officer Hunter, on secondment from New Scotland Yard to the FBI, begin an investigation in the hope of solving a seemingly un-solvable case.
When Kauffman and Hunter are taken off the case, things start to get even stranger. The original pathologist is killed, attempts on the lives of Reilly and Hunter and the kidnapping of Kauffman occur, and it quickly becomes clear that something very important is at stake. Everybody from the President down will do anything to protect a secret, and Hunter and Reilly are just two men against a huge political and military machine.

I certainly wasn't really expecting the ultimate secret to be in the genre it was, and in a way I was a little disappointed at its far-fetched nature. Despite this, the story appeared well researched and for the most part was well-written and interesting. Worth a read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kept me interested, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Trade-off (Kindle Edition)
The unusual method of the first death was enough to keep me interested to the end. Unusual mix of thriller/scifi/detective genres but it works

5.0 out of 5 stars Trade Off, 1 April 2013
J. McAdam (Essex, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trade-off (Kindle Edition)
A thoroughly good yarn! Once started, I could hardly put it down as the action was relentless and characters well crafted,

Trade-off