‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Cycling the Light fantastic, 3 May 2012
This review is from: Monkey Light M210 - 80 Lumen - Bike Wheel Light - 10 Full Colour LED - Waterproof (Sports)
I as with others recieved this after backing the project on kickstarter. It was an amazing idea. After receiving my light some months ago I have it on everywhere I go once dark, giving me a fab excuse to night cycling. It really is amazing to see on the bike and grabs people's attention from pedestrians to other road users. The light is to used alongside a standard front/back set up as an additional light although once on the move it does give of quite a bit of light to the road aroound you especially on very dark lanes.
It attaches to be bike with ease and is relatively light. It fits securely to my bike and is very weather proof side visibility is incredibly increased at junctions which was my reason for getting this as you want to grab attention with all the other lights from cars and street lighting which impaired vision of cyclists..
The only problem I have with thesis getting used to the diffrent light settings, but I believe there is now a key to the programmes to make his easier.
I can not recommend this enough for any cycling commuters, the only negatives have been going past the friendly drunks that usually have a good giggle...and the odd UFO comment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Supercool, 18 Nov. 2012
R. Gumbrell - See all my reviews
I bought this about 2 months ago or so basically because it looked cool. I also figured the extra light would help when the clocks went back and i started doing my 100 miles a week commute in the dark.

Installing it was fairly easy, zip ties'R'Us, but they do the job and they even give you a metal zip tie to stop yobbos and hoodies stealing your lights when you are off loving life away from your bicycle. I didn't bother using this as i put this on my road bike which is only used between home and work and is secure anyway. The light to battery connection isn't perfect as it has come apart once, though this was probably down to how i had zip tied it to the spoke.

So, now I have started using this in the dark going home i have to say these lights are pretty damn cool. Cycling up the Bristol-Bath cycle path you get a few comments shouted by the aforementioned hoodies exclaiming that they too think your bike lights are pretty damn cool.

On a serious note, the visibility these offer to drivers are rather good. As they spin around your tyre they are changing colours and flashing pretty brightly and as most people haven't seen anything quite like this you are noticed on your bike. As i go up a busy A-road through rush hour this is pretty invaluable as I don't really fancy being taken out by a an old dear in a fiat 500 who should have been off the road in 1974. All in all, this was a good purchase for both increasing my coolness levels and not dying.

Some obvious points - These are rubbish in daytime, the battery compartment sits on the wheel spoke and spins with the wheel and the rainbow pattern is the best. Multicolour is the way forward.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great way to turn heads, and be safe too !, 22 Mar. 2013
I am a somewhat nervous commuter cyclist , always looking for new ways to be seen at night , and i also don't take myself too seriously . So ..with both in mind, this funky gadget which is really easy to fix onto your wheel, is great ! It has just seen me through the worst of the British winter ..waterproof, mud proof, frost proof, snow proof , and still going strong . My only reservation is i can't see how great it looks , myself , unless i cycle quickly past a shop window !!

4.0 out of 5 stars On yer bike, 25 Oct. 2012
These are fantastic lights. Easy to install and very eye catching. Unit has been fitted for 4 months and so far has proved to be very robust. Great investment for the winter cyclist who wants to stand out

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 10 April 2013
well happy with these lights so many people looking and for safety to well worth the money might get another set for front

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lights, 26 Mar. 2013
They're soooo pretty! Easy to fit & don't affect how the bike rides either. I'm Really pleased I got them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trip The Light Fantastic, 28 Feb. 2013
Totally amazing lights. A contribution to cycle safety as you stand out from the crowd and get you noticed. It would be difficult for a car driver to say "Sorry, I didn't see you" I've been stopped by pedestrians whilst at traffic lights asking "where did you get your lights from mate?" Overall am very pleased with my purchase and a very prompt delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Monkey Light M210 Bike Light - 10 Full Color LEDs, 30 Dec. 2012
I bought this as a present for my sister as I already own two for my bike, they were the first on the market here and they are still far better than the rest. It's fun for adults on bikes basically and people walking past love it as well. If you want to get noticed put this in your wheel. The LEDs are proper bright and light up the road as well the street. If I'm honest there aren't enough windows where I ride to see myself in lol.
The battery pack attaches to the hub and there is no weight in the board so you don't have to worry about the wheel wobbling as you did in the earlier models. I've had mine for six-ish months now and have had no problems at all and the first larger version I've had for a year and it's still going strong.
Based on my lights I fully recommend buying this or other products from this company. Happy riding.

4.0 out of 5 stars good lights, 3 Sept. 2012
I'm using these with a road bike.this is my first day with the lights. easy to fit.on a road bike have to be doing 30 kilometres an hour to see the patterns.it is heavy with the batteries, but seems to be balanced on the wheel.would be nice to have the option of buying the larger model with 32 l e d.
they are very bright and I would recommend a purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well built, delivers on promise, 14 July 2012
Filippos Vakalakis (Athens, Greece) - See all my reviews
Although I have only used it three times, I am very pleased with what this piece of equipment offers.
It serves well the need for the cyclist to be clearly visible when required.
The build quality looks very high, which is fortunate for its price.
Installation was simple and straightforward, instructions were adequate.
Overall, a very good solution.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›