on 18 November 2012
I bought this about 2 months ago or so basically because it looked cool. I also figured the extra light would help when the clocks went back and i started doing my 100 miles a week commute in the dark.

Installing it was fairly easy, zip ties'R'Us, but they do the job and they even give you a metal zip tie to stop yobbos and hoodies stealing your lights when you are off loving life away from your bicycle. I didn't bother using this as i put this on my road bike which is only used between home and work and is secure anyway. The light to battery connection isn't perfect as it has come apart once, though this was probably down to how i had zip tied it to the spoke.

So, now I have started using this in the dark going home i have to say these lights are pretty damn cool. Cycling up the Bristol-Bath cycle path you get a few comments shouted by the aforementioned hoodies exclaiming that they too think your bike lights are pretty damn cool.

On a serious note, the visibility these offer to drivers are rather good. As they spin around your tyre they are changing colours and flashing pretty brightly and as most people haven't seen anything quite like this you are noticed on your bike. As i go up a busy A-road through rush hour this is pretty invaluable as I don't really fancy being taken out by a an old dear in a fiat 500 who should have been off the road in 1974. All in all, this was a good purchase for both increasing my coolness levels and not dying.

Some obvious points - These are rubbish in daytime, the battery compartment sits on the wheel spoke and spins with the wheel and the rainbow pattern is the best. Multicolour is the way forward.
on 3 May 2012
I as with others recieved this after backing the project on kickstarter. It was an amazing idea. After receiving my light some months ago I have it on everywhere I go once dark, giving me a fab excuse to night cycling. It really is amazing to see on the bike and grabs people's attention from pedestrians to other road users. The light is to used alongside a standard front/back set up as an additional light although once on the move it does give of quite a bit of light to the road aroound you especially on very dark lanes.
It attaches to be bike with ease and is relatively light. It fits securely to my bike and is very weather proof side visibility is incredibly increased at junctions which was my reason for getting this as you want to grab attention with all the other lights from cars and street lighting which impaired vision of cyclists..
The only problem I have with thesis getting used to the diffrent light settings, but I believe there is now a key to the programmes to make his easier.
I can not recommend this enough for any cycling commuters, the only negatives have been going past the friendly drunks that usually have a good giggle...and the odd UFO comment.
on 22 March 2013
I am a somewhat nervous commuter cyclist , always looking for new ways to be seen at night , and i also don't take myself too seriously . So ..with both in mind, this funky gadget which is really easy to fix onto your wheel, is great ! It has just seen me through the worst of the British winter ..waterproof, mud proof, frost proof, snow proof , and still going strong . My only reservation is i can't see how great it looks , myself , unless i cycle quickly past a shop window !!
on 30 December 2012
I bought this as a present for my sister as I already own two for my bike, they were the first on the market here and they are still far better than the rest. It's fun for adults on bikes basically and people walking past love it as well. If you want to get noticed put this in your wheel. The LEDs are proper bright and light up the road as well the street. If I'm honest there aren't enough windows where I ride to see myself in lol.
The battery pack attaches to the hub and there is no weight in the board so you don't have to worry about the wheel wobbling as you did in the earlier models. I've had mine for six-ish months now and have had no problems at all and the first larger version I've had for a year and it's still going strong.
Based on my lights I fully recommend buying this or other products from this company. Happy riding.
on 25 October 2012
These are fantastic lights. Easy to install and very eye catching. Unit has been fitted for 4 months and so far has proved to be very robust. Great investment for the winter cyclist who wants to stand out
on 11 September 2015
I can barely find a fault with this product.

I bought my girlfriend a set of the larger lights to go on her MTB a while back and she has loved the way they light up the bike (she usually hates riding so this was my cheeky way of getting her to go faster and ride more often, to "make pretty patterns in the wheels").
To date I have yet to change the batteries on hers and I ordered a set of the less in your face M210s. Now I appreciate these aren't cheap but they DO improve your safety by making you more visible, they DO get admiring glances from other bikers and they DO get children pointing at the wheels as you ride by.

They are just brilliant and a real feelgood factor to improve biking in general for very little additional weight. Do be warned though that you do need to be going at a fair old speed (approx. 10mph) to get any real patterns appearing in the spokes, I think you can double up with 2 LED panels to one battery pack as the battery unit has a spare connector but this would obviously vary your battery life.

Installation is simple, so long as you have a pair of pliers (to really tighten those cable ties) and something to cut the excess ties off, you'll be absolutely golden. I'm relatively handy when it comes to DIY work and it took me perhaps 30 minutes to install 2 sets of these.

Great fun, additional safety benefits and weatherproof/long lasting. Can't ask for much more, I love them.
on 21 July 2015
I bought these as a Christmas present for my last boyfriend as he had shown an interest. I thought I'd buy him one for each wheel to get the best effect. However when he put them on his road bike he found them too heavy to use because of all the batteries. They would probably be OK for a BMX or suchlike but if you are a serious rider maybe consider something lighter.
on 28 February 2013
Totally amazing lights. A contribution to cycle safety as you stand out from the crowd and get you noticed. It would be difficult for a car driver to say "Sorry, I didn't see you" I've been stopped by pedestrians whilst at traffic lights asking "where did you get your lights from mate?" Overall am very pleased with my purchase and a very prompt delivery.
on 10 April 2013
well happy with these lights so many people looking and for safety to well worth the money might get another set for front
on 30 November 2013
OK, I have good things to say so:

Installation: easy enough, took about 20mins and could've been quicker but since it uses cable ties I wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing.

Hub-mounted battery pack: sits in the centre of the wheel. Very waterproof, it's survived every downpour and snow-covering without a hint of water getting in. It takes AA batteries which is very handy. Cable ties are provided to ensure no dangling wires between Battery and LED unit.

The LED unit: also totally waterproof, sits nicely between spokes so nothing sticks out even if you put the bike on its side and a metal security bracket is provided. The patterns are fantastic and it really is as bright as it looks, very striking. The random mode is particularly good for a general display of awesomeness.

If I HAD to criticise anything it would be that the buttons are quite small and tricky to press with gloves on, but really, I'm nit-picking here. I will absolutely be buying another.