on 11 March 2016
Included in the box with this product is a short fly-lead, which, when used with the main lead of the power supply, converts the polarity of the centre tip from positive to negative. The Roberts 9993 and many other Roberts analogue radios, such as the 996, require the centre pin or tip to be negative, not positive! On joining the fly-lead to the main lead, I investigated the polarity with my digital multimeter. Indeed the centre tip polarity at the end of the fly-lead was negative, meaning that I could safely use the plug-in supply wit the fly-lead to power up my Roberts 996 without accidentally blowing it up!!! Congratulations to Amazon's supplier, Digidave in Switzerland for this very clever innovation!!! Richard 'Radioman' of Norwich, England, UK, mid-March 2016
on 26 June 2014
Product arrived promptly and functioned correctly straight out of the box. On the basis of experience so far I would certainly recommend this product.
on 21 September 2014
I bought 2 adaptors and they are working fine so seem good value for money. There are no instructions but you just need to ensure you plug in the additional piece provided onto the socket of the adaptor to fit the Roberts R9993 radio.
on 1 February 2013
I bought this adaptor as it was recommended for the R9993 which I had for Christmas. Unfortunatley this power adaptor doesn't actually appear to work with the it. Since plugging it in, my radio no longer works at all now, not even on batteries. According to the manual on Roberts own website the R9993 requires a "DC 6 Volts 300mA centre pin negative (-)." I wonder if Amazon will refund me for the adaptor AND replace my radio?Roberts R9993 3-Band Portable Radio
on 7 October 2014
I bought this for an elderly relative who,s feed back is that it works well and her radio is again bringing her enjoyment, so I
consider it a success.
on 19 November 2015
Roberts rather downplay that a mains adapter is possible for this model so, in response to my Google search, I was delighted to find an adaptor at Digidave that is specifically designed for it - and at a reasonable price. It arrived very quickly and works well. Many thanks.
on 19 December 2015
Perfect,fast delivery,highly satisfied.This power unit fitted,and worked perfectly on the radio that I had purchased else where,again I repeat that I am highly satisfied with my purchase,would certainly shop with them again.
on 29 March 2016
This adapter works great with my radio no problem at all I would have no doubts ordering from this company again very friendly and on top of that my order arrived ahead of the estimated delivery date.
on 6 July 2014
This product does the job perfectly and it arrived on time
on 30 August 2014
Good, effective , as described but do not like the connections re AC/DC, would like to be able to separate them. Says 1year guarantee in advert but none with goods.