4.0 out of 5 stars Quick Intro, 14 July 2012
This review is from: Tely Labs 11-TELYHDPEU-01-01 TelyHD Plus All-in-One Skype Video Calling Device for HDTV (Accessory)
Having TelyHD for 1 week I do not feel to give you full review so please take this one as initial.
I bought it for my grandma, as she can not operate any PC or tablet (she is 83! :-) ), but we want to be in touch.
And I this this is really excellent product for her - I hope.

I have done the settings - straight forward.
Connecting to internet using WiFi - the picture is 60% worse than using HP EliteBook (also Wifi) at the same router. Therefore I think that they have not used good quality reciever.
TelyHD reccomends to use wired connection which I have not tried yet but I am hoping that it will improve picture significantly.

Menu is simple, receiving calls simple, sound quality good, incoming picture slightly worse than on laptop - but bear in mind it is now on 40 inch HD TV...

Annoying is signing in - using arrows to get to the letters takes ages, so I recommend to set up your account on your laptop first. Tely HD stays online if TV is turned off, you can recieve calls as TelyHD has it own speakers.

Price - I can imagine that manufacturing cost is really fraction of its selling price, but this product hit the niche in the market so it uses its power. I would expect fast price drop as for this price you can buy low end netbook or tablet.

Android OS will offer further usage, but for now Tely HD did not include anything so it serves purely as Skype console.

Overall so far:
* does what is says
* good quality materials, easy to put on TV or on the shelf
* outgoing picture not great (WiFi) => use wired connection (I haven't tested yet)
* easy to use

I would recommend it for seniors which can not operate PC or tablets but want to cominicate with youngsters :-)
For others - just plug your existing device to your TV.

Pavel

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product, So easy to use, 3 Sept. 2012
S. Wilson - See all my reviews
I received my TelyHD one day before promised -- in three days with regular shipping. The device comes in attractive packaging with really nice, easy to follow directions that I did not even need my reading glasses for. It took me less than twenty minutes to set the device up with my house Wi-Fi system. It took me about another ten minutes to log in my old Skype information. The TelyHD uploaded all my contacts from Skype in a nice easy to use address book. The picture quality from my laptop to the Tely HD is excellent and the sound quality is out of this world for a speaker phone type device. When I call home from my laptop to the TelyHD, Great camera and remarkable micro-phones.

I travel a lot with work. My family love to receive calls from me when I am on the road, and that makes me feel good. We had Skype before, but we always had to coordinate calls to ensure out computer at home was "ready" for a Skype call, and somebody was there to receive it. Can get expensive when your overseas. With the TelyHD, the unit is mounted (great mount system)on the TV in our family room. It is always "On" waiting to accept a call. It has its own ringer to let you know a call is coming in, so it is not dependant on any other device (computer or TV)to be "On" and ready. The device also has a security cover for the lenses if you are concerned about security.

TelyHD increases the Skype experience by not only increasing the audio/visual quality, but more importantly to me, by making it more convenient to use. Later, I cabled the device up directly to my router and found call quality to be even better. I used the picture sharing function using the SD card reader with the one other friend I know who has a TelyHD. The photos came across flawlessly in HD quality. I am waiting for a few more of my friends and family to get the device so that we could enjoy the full potential of TelyHD.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, not good value for money, 19 Oct. 2012
The product delivers what it promisses: ease of use for skype telephone conversation. I bought it as a gift to my mother 70 years old and talks to my sister which is overseas almost daily.

On the downside:
1. Speakers are only used for ringtone. Therefore before actually making the phone/video call you need to turn on the tv and switch to the HDMI channel(ok this might be simple for a 20 year old but an extra step for the 70 year old :))
2. Video quality is so-so for wifi connection. Voice though is excellent!
3. Price is double of what it should be!

Generally: a good product, excellent for the elderly or people who want a very easy device for skype calls, not value for money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but useful., 17 Dec. 2012
Oadbyte "Oadbyte" (Leicester, England) - See all my reviews
We bought this device for my ageing father (86 years old) because he wanted to keep in touch with family now scattered around the world. Initial thoughts of buying him a lap-top or tablet pc were a little frightening - all those keys etc that can go wrong. When we found the TelyHD on the Amazon site, we were really excited and thought that we had found the perfect compromise. It was great to find out that our hopes were fullfilled and that the device has lived up to all of it's expectations. It has the simplest of controls - just a 6 button remote control - and my Dad has no problem (after a short learning curve of course). The image quality when used wireless is not the best but we understand that using an Ethnet cable connection would improve this. However, we are happy with the wireless connection and will probably stay with the current set-up.
As you can probably tell, we are over the moon with the TelyHD and would recommend it to anyone but in particular the aged. It will never be a replacement for a pc based system but is great for those who will struggle with any technology.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good product, 26 Sept. 2012
I have been using this for a while now on standard sky broadband and the picture quality definitely is an improvement on my macbook. However the sound quality is truely exceptional. When used as a group teleconference, there is now no need to shout to be heard. I would thoroughy reccommend this product.

Edit 1: now that I have Sky Fibre, the picture quality is truly amazing; but only when talking to people who also have fibre broadband.

4.0 out of 5 stars TellyHD, 26 Sept. 2012
Very good system, very simple and easy to use. Probably the simplest gadget I have set up in years. Easy to interface with the TV or iPad. I sometimes have a picture problem but I think this may be more down to my connection or the connection at the other end. I would certainly recommend this system, a little pricey but it's not let me down yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived earlier than expected. Use regularly to chat with ..., 16 May 2015
Arrived earlier than expected. Use regularly to chat with our Son and his family. Means we can see our young grandson growing before our eyes instead of in leaps and bounds.