5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best albums ever made, 21 Aug 2003
This review is from: Colour (Audio CD)
This might sound excessive but this album has been with me as one of my all-time favourites since it was released over 10 years ago and it sounds as good now as it did then. All Talk I find myself skipping over nowadays but I find myself always entranced by the others. My favourite tracks are 'Words', 'Greenbank Drive' and 'Community of Spirit' not just because the intros give me goosebumps but because I have to listen to them in the car with the stereo on full blast just to get full benefit of the rich layered sound. The politics might not interest you, if not, just ignore it and marvel at the sheer quality of sound. Brilliant.

4.0 out of 5 stars Colour, 7 Feb 2005
Rich Milligan (Thatcham, Berkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Colour (Audio CD)
It's always quite amazing to revisit an album like this, made by a band with a wonderful unique sound and real musical talent and then think how they disappeared from the nation's musical consciousness almost over night.
Colour was The Christians second studio album and built on the back of the success of their debut self-named album and really does feature some great songs. All sung in their distinctive gospel soul style (indeed one of the tracks, "Hour of Need" features the London Community Gospel Choir) all the tracks are delivered with great panache and is a great trip down memory lane.
The close harmony singing whilst being so very simple on the one hand does make for a complex and matchless sound and is shown to its best on timeless tracks like "Greenbank Drive", "Words" and "Man Don't Cry"

5.0 out of 5 stars -- Beautifully Haunting --, 25 Sep 2011
Wayne - See all my reviews
This review is from: Colour (Audio CD)
'The Christians' were quite simply one of the best bands in the 90's. Interestingly, they are not a religious band; as their name might suggest. However, their songs do have spiritual meaning.

If you are in your early twenties or even if you remember them from your younger days, I would highly recommend that you download at least one of their tracks and closely listen to the lyrics. They captured a generation that had hope for the 'then' forthcoming 21st century.

The lead singers mellow tones and captivating crecendos will pleasently haunt you for many years to come.

Most definately one for the collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Christians-Colour, 29 May 2009
Mr. D. Keiley (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Colour (Audio CD)
I saw The Christians live during the tour to accompany the album, and thought they were brilliant. It is my favourite album of theirs, but I think their popularity would have risen had they released the last three songs on the album, There You Go Again, One More Baby In Black and In My Hour Of Need as singles, as opposed to the ones they did.

5.0 out of 5 stars ,this is the 3rd cd I've bought as friends have boroghed and not returned which to me says a lot., 27 Dec 2013
This review is from: Colour (Audio CD)
I love the words to some of the songs.Words&in my hour of need are my favourites .I find the lyrics moving.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laid back, 14 May 2013
This review is from: Colour (Audio CD)
Used to like this band in sixth form and bought this album because I felt it was a bit more laid back than their others.

Colour (Deluxe Edition)
Colour (Deluxe Edition) by Christians (Audio CD - 2012)