on 4 March 2012
A really good read, I couldn't put it down. It is nice to know that my girlies aren't the only ones with qwerky characters and that I'm not the only one to spend hours just watching them.
on 5 March 2012
Just finished this book.
Absolutely fantastic !

It is a must for all chicken owners (and non chicken owners). So many humerous bits i smiled my way through it.

The description of the different chickens personalities really brought them to life.

I wish there was a hard copy of it because the pictures on the kindle werent as clear as i would have liked especially since they arent in colour!

I would love another another one to read.
on 7 March 2012
Wonderful book! Entertaining read and very well written, and as any chicken owner will tell you their personalities and character are unique to each one. Read this book and fall in love with delightful tales of what it's like to raise chickens, albeit some verY, very quirky girls!

John Tebbet
on 13 January 2013
This warm and funny book about the antics of backyard pet hens is just lovely, and made me smile throughout. I keep my own pet chickens and know how individual they are, and fussy and moody and full of life and love of the good things, so this was a little treat.

Don't look to this book for any in-depth knowledge about hen keeping and you'll find it charming. I could've stood more context to the hen-world portrayed as the author seems to live in a very pretty place, with plenty of other animals and wildlife around and certainly has a style of writing that would make it all interesting.

Anyway, I always dipped into this little book when I was feeling a little blue because it could easily make me smile.
on 9 April 2012
what a fantastic read! Trish Colton writes in a way which is so easy to read, she brings the charaters of the chickens to life , and made me laugh out loud in some parts.

I couldn't wait to pick it up again to see what they had been up to.....

Completely recommended to animal lovers, whether you keep chickens or not!

Can't wait to read more by Trish!
on 26 April 2014
This was a present for my wife who keeps poultry. Judging by her laughter it is a good read for small scale poultry keepers. So, if your hens have names, this could be the book for you.
on 17 April 2012
A heartwarming book for anyone who loves their chickens as pets, funny and occasionally sad but consistently loving towards these amazing birds. Recommended!
on 10 June 2013
A hilarious read, narrated through the eyes of an informed Poultry Enthusiast. I annoyed many passengers on the way to York giggling through the pages!
on 29 January 2014
I have thoroughly enjoyed this book. It has been a great laugh right through. A great present for anyone contemplating having a few chickens.
on 5 December 2015
A lovely book - really enjoyed reading it, as I also have a Poland boy who gets up to all sorts of antics - just like Fizz!