4.0 out of 5 stars A Hat For The Cold
Loving it, in the current sub-zero weather it was bought just at the right time. My only gripes are should have bought the next size up and the two tethers for the sides are fraying badly, may have to replace them.
Published on 18 Jan. 2013 by Mr. Robert J. Price

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, a bit small.
Very good quality and warm, however is quite small even as a size 60. Even if you measure as a 60 it will be a snug or even an uncomfortable fit.
Published 18 months ago by Robert Horne

4.0 out of 5 stars A Hat For The Cold, 18 Jan. 2013
Mr. Robert J. Price "Music Lovin'" (Sunderland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Russian Soviet USSR Army Style Fur Winter Ushanka Cold War Hat Badge Size 60 (Misc.)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, a bit small., 23 Nov. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars obez'yana na dereve, 4 Jan. 2014
Crookedmouth ":-/" (As seen on iPlayer) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I managed to buy one of these in a market in London many years ago. There are a lot of "fake" ushankas out there of variable quality and you can also buy decent quality "trapper hats" designed along the same lines but which are very very civilian and just not as cool. However, a good, authentic Russian Army ushanka is about as cool as you can get, especially with the Red Army star on the front. Job tvojemadje!

As well as being cool, it is also very warm. The heavy felt outer with a cotton inner and a kapok filling make it about as weatherproof as you can get. The furry sideflaps drop down to keep your ears warm too. It weighs a ton, even when dry, though, so it'll build up your neck muscles. My one complaint is that it tends to get a little itchy. I like to persuade myself that it's something to do with the residue of the sarin gas that the original owner was subjected to. That's a much cooler explanation than that it's just a little itchy.

My original was a 60cm size. It was a little too tight to be perfectly comfortable, but it was several years before I found the next size up in stock (62cm) which a much better fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars USSR USHANKA, 8 Nov. 2013
For the money you can't beat this hat, just bought mine and the quality is great. Trying it on I can feel it will be great for when the cold weather comes along. Also a bit of history to these hats as well. Very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for when the snow comes, 1 Nov. 2013
A hat that will keep you warm in winter and look a bit different from what everyone else is wearing

5.0 out of 5 stars The hat arrived in just two days and is a perfect fit - my son absolutely loves it and tells ..., 23 Oct. 2014
My teenage son has been asking for one of these hats for ages as he does lots of outdoor activities up here in the frozen North of Scotland. I wasn't sure about the fit so I emailed the seller (USSR House Ltd.) to check the final size . The seller responded to emails immediately and couldn't have been more helpful. The hat arrived in just two days and is a perfect fit - my son absolutely loves it and tells me his friends at school all want one now. It's a great piece of Cold War nostalgia, well-made and unbelievably warm. I thoroughly recommend getting one of these for the winter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased so Far, 15 Aug. 2014
The Ushanka's quality is very very nice, from the furry material on the inside, to the badge and straps. I am very pleased with the hat, but I would not wear it yet where I live as it is the end of Summer. Got this in preparation for Autumn/Winter. People told me that it would be an uncomfortable fit, I measure as a size 59.5cm head, and this is a 60cm, and this fits nicely. Also, the hat arrived a day before the estimated delivery date, and only took about 3 days to get here, and I live in Ireland.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab & warm hat !!, 20 Mar. 2014
As a guide when buying the correct size its tricky. I sought advice from the seller & he was spot on in his advice. My head measures 56cm, he suggested 60cm although it would fit 58cm. I initially made the expensive mistake & bought the same size as my head & it was too small. Let me state I bought the smaller hat from another seller without oral advice !! So I gave it to a charity shop as I didnt want to return it to the Ukraine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Head Gear, 2 Mar. 2014
Mrs. J. M. Saunders (Dorset UK) - See all my reviews
Husband loved it, with not much hair keeps him lovely and warm has excited comments... recommend it Good value for money

5.0 out of 5 stars Russian Shankar, 2 Mar. 2014
Very good item wanted one for ages love it thank you if you are looking to buy one I would say do so it is a great item thanks