5.0 out of 5 stars Eid gift
I bought this for my wife for an Eid present (Muslim celebration). Delivery was quick about 2-3 days, and the product seems high quality i.e. metal not plastic and looks well finished of. The size seems to be very good, I'll tell you what I put in to give you an estimation of the actual size:

7 2-finger kit kats
2 Mini bottles of fizzy drink
4...
Published 23 months ago by Sam

2.0 out of 5 stars All those 5-star reviews for an empty biscuit tin?! Really?!
Published 14 months ago by John Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Eid gift, 3 Aug. 2013

7 2-finger kit kats
2 Mini bottles of fizzy drink
4 French pancacke crepes (the rolled up type)
1 bag of mixed nuts
12 Mini bars of green an blacks chocolate bars
7 Starbucks sachets
2 thin Sesame seed bars

So everything you can fit in is quite small but you can still put quite a variety in which is ideal for a gift. In addition, there was a large piece of brown paper in the Amazon packaging which I used as free wrapping paper and now having given the gift to my wife she seems very eager to open it. I would say the price is a downside but considering delivery is free and the product is high quality the price is just bearable as a gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, 16 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Mustard Take A Break Emergency Food Tin (Kitchen & Home)
A fun looking food tin - bigger than I was expecting, but my fault for not checking dimensions. I imagined it would be the size of the real thing you see on walls in public buildings, but it's more like proper lunch box size. Which is great for packed lunches....... Excellent service from seller in Devon who took the trouble to get in touch when Royal Mail lost the first order and quickly dispatched a replacement without fuss.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little box!, 3 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Mustard Take A Break Emergency Food Tin (Kitchen & Home)
Sturdy metal box with enough room to store basic lunch. Eye catching and funky and good item to give as a gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 11 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Mustard Take A Break Emergency Food Tin (Kitchen & Home)
This was a perfect gift and fitted description exactly. Arrived quickly and was a very reasonable price. Would highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stocking filler!, 9 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Mustard Take A Break Emergency Food Tin (Kitchen & Home)
Bought this as a Christmas gift, looks exactly like a break in an emergency fire alarm point. Great for storing those emergency nibbles!

Can't wait to give it to him at Christmas :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great xmas present, 29 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Mustard Take A Break Emergency Food Tin (Kitchen & Home)
Good solid tin, nice gift, especially if you fill it with biscuits first!

Amazon say I have to write 7 more words but I cant think of any

2.0 out of 5 stars All those 5-star reviews for an empty biscuit tin?! Really?!, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Mustard Take A Break Emergency Food Tin (Kitchen & Home)
Beware, the picture is a little deceiving (it was to me, anyway). This product is simply nothing more than a glorified little biscuit tin. For seven-and-a-half quid I was expecting something altogether sturdier and more durable, maybe with a hinged lid, I don't know; but certainly something more substantial than this. I mean, come on: you can buy a tin like this filled with biscuits for a fiver from any supermarket.

And like all tins, it is of course not dishwashable, as the sticker on the underside confirms. Being tin, it will also be bound to rust if not thoroughly dried after washing.

And regarding that sticker: there's a direction on it saying "Peel here" - but it's stuck fast. Try to remove it and you are left with sticky ripped paper residue on the tin's underside. What on earth did they stick this down with? Superglue?

To cap it off, mine arrived with a huge dent in one corner, but I was actually able to press it out quite well with my thumb from the inside. This shows just how cheaply made the tin is. (Made in China, by the way, which is absolutely cool, but makes me wonder what the production costs per-tin are? A quid at most, maybe? And they mark it up to seven-and-a-half quid? I'm in the wrong business...)

So, if the amusing "in case of emergency" theme alone is worth over seven quid to you, go ahead and buy this tin. Otherwise, save your money and buy a tin of biscuits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trendy little food tin, 22 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Mustard Take A Break Emergency Food Tin (Kitchen & Home)
Great tin! I actually thought it would be a bit bigger but it's a perfect lunch box size.
It looks great in my room- really adds character. Feels great too. I'm now a fan of the Mustard company and I already have my eye on a few other products from them that I would be interested in when the price is right!
I bought this for £6 but I think HoF had it for £4 and the JustMustard website had it for £8. It is now £4 on Amazon. So I do recommend looking around and comparing prices before buying. I wouldn't pay more than £5-6 for this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big , quirky, great!, 1 July 2013
Love this!
It's quite big and can hold sandwichs, as well as a bag of crisps and fruit/chocolate bar or a can/cartoon of juice.
Very quirky and a talking point.

Very fast delivery and packaged well.

(Just a note: this was featured as a "bought with item" with the brown paper lunch bag which i also purchased (and it's great) but the tin will not fit in the lunch bag and allow it to fast at the top, it's just a little too big for that)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bit of fun, 4 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Mustard Take A Break Emergency Food Tin (Kitchen & Home)
I filled it with kit kats (get it - take a break - have a kit kat!!) - gave it to a friend's office for Christmas - what do you get a group of people who have everything?? :)

Mustard Take A Break Emergency Food Tin