5.0 out of 5 stars First review of Overboard 35ltr Black/grey hybrid-holdall:
Wow wow wow! I heard a quite postman's knock on my door (he didn't want to deliver it I guess) answered and was handed a parcel from `Down by the Sea' in Usain bolt time: purchase date was 06th Nov, Amazon projected a delivery date of 14th Nov, receive date was 9th Nov! Well done `Down by the Sea' team!
Now, the Overboard duffle bag/rucksack hybrid holdall. After...
Published 21 months ago by Anionted 2 Win

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Paperwork was wet after raining, so also bought:
100% waterproof (Clase 5) multipurpose waterproof case - large OverBoard.
Published 16 days ago by Miss Sarah Fenlon

5.0 out of 5 stars First review of Overboard 35ltr Black/grey hybrid-holdall:, 9 Nov 2012
This review is from: Overboard 3 Adventure Duffle (Misc.)
Now, the Overboard duffle bag/rucksack hybrid holdall. After hours of research I had set my mind on the 80 Northface SX duffle (even though I was resigned to the lack of features - great duffle). Then I happened on your Overboard bag; first impressions bloody-good looking bag, attractive lettering all over it and oodles of straps - yummy! So ordered the last black/grey one at 40 - what a bargain it turned out to be!! Just got it this morning and I have to say, in every dept., the Overboard duffel knocks the Northface SX duffel completely out the ring! The Overboard has all the same features as the Northface SX and more. The OB bag has an immediate look and feel of a luxury item; the tarpaulin is absolutely bonkers tough as is the exterior meshed pocket (this is definitely a waterproof/weather resistant bag!). All the zips look and feel indestructible, the internal mesh pocket should have been bigger -but a tiny forgivable matter, internal wet/dry pocket is massive and more than adequate. The base of the OB is rhino hide rough and tough too! I've worked out 1,2,3,4,5,6, 7,8....9.........10 ways to carry the Overboard and that doesn't include carrying it your arms like a baby or slinging it into the back of your car!
If Superman needed a bag the Overboard is the one he'd grab. The 35ltr is just the right size for shopping or as an everyday bag or carry-on luggage, the OB bag is a wonderful little machine, the Swiss Army knife of duffels- I may even get the 35ltr in blue. If I really, really, really had to find fault about something it would be the shoulder strap clips - the metal bit seems a flimsy, but I guess it's the plastic part that supports the weight- poultry criticism really.
This is only a first review; I will see how the OB performs over the next several months and definitely post an update but for now the word is, buy this bag and you'll not even remember the competition. Nice one Overboard and `Down by the Sea' teams! xx

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sports Bag, 13 Aug 2012
This review is from: Overboard 3 Adventure Duffle (Misc.)
Classy looking strong bag. A bit smaller than i would have liked but didn't want to go as big as the 90l. Pity there isn't a mid size like 65 or 75 litres. Ideal for throwing on the back of my pick up whatever the weather to go to the gym, (as long as i haven't got too much kit). Will probably order the larger size in future and will make a nice practical set to take on holidays.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, 27 Dec 2013
M. D. Baxter (Merseyside, GB) - See all my reviews
Really well made, solid bit of kit. I use it everyday as my gym bag, but it also held enough for me for a week's trip. Interestingly the design features are almost identical to the North Face duffel my son has - and the quality is just as good. Next time I need a bigger bag I will certainly look at Overboard as one of my first options.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bag envy, 29 April 2013
Men don't get bag envy much, but my mates do like this number. Looks good, solid materials, very practical, reasonably comfortable. Perfect for outdoor weekends away.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, shame about shocking delivery, 3 Oct 2011
UPDATE: 2 years after purchase. The Shoulder straps are now pulling the bag apart and the stitching is coming apart leaving a hole in the bag where the strap is sewn in. It has given me 2 years HEAVY REPEATED service however. I am inclined to compare to my north face with has withstood 5 years service with heavier loads and still going strong.

---------------
I'm writing this review more as a result of the shocking delivery service I recieved with Amazon Prime.
I signed up with the service as I needed 'GUARANTEED' next day delivery due to going on holiday (hence the new bag).
Cut a long story short, I had to drive myself to the delivery depot the day after expected delivery after making countless calls to the couriers - and picking up the bag myself.
Waste of my time and effort. I read reviews on the couriers amazon seem to use and they also had SHOCKING reviews. Most people said that the delivery drivers never turned up and as a result, never left a delivery card. So calling the depot and tracking down the item (without the delivery number conveniently found on the non-existant delivery card) is a nightmare.
The depot collection point itself (new cross, london) was inside the warehouse, through a shutter by the back of an empty lorry trailer. Piece of hand written scrawl, sellotaped to a scrappy table, notified me to 'Wait here' while someone turned up... after 10 mins.
Absolutely appalled that amazon STILL use these guys. Don't bother with amazon prime - just use Royal Mail, at least they do their job.

As for the product - its perfect. Instead of paying North Face 80 for the same type of bag, you get more pockets, a sewn in wetbag, extra straps, a decent padlock and fairly useless but nice carabiner for your keys (?). Top notch, good price, would deffo recommend. Only thing I found slightly impractical is the two compartment zip mesh pocket inside could have been bigger. Oh well, not a biggy compared to the product as a whole.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bag of dreams !!!!!, 29 Jun 2014
Using this bag on a daily basis at work as an outside broadcast cameraman it has performed in every department.
Carries all the gear I need , is a good size for cabin baggage and a great replacement for my 8 year old Ortleib bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, Reliable n good looking, 15 Jun 2014
Love this bag. So strong and sturdy with plenty if room. Expensiveish but worth the extra in my opinion. Probably last 10 years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Would be 5 if it had more internal pockets/ separation, 2 Jun 2014
overall quality is excellent. The bag feels well made and sturdy. over the shoulder handle is a bit flimsy and compartments are lacking otherwise superb

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs, 9 May 2014
Bought this as a kit bag to be left out when I'm playing my sport. So far it has proven to be waterproof.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, 15 Feb 2014
Arrived on time and is of a good standard of quality - I have a number of travel bags and this one compliments my range quite nicely

Overboard 3 Adventure Duffle