5.0 out of 5 stars Car accessory, mains adaptor
Published on 18 Jun 2012 by HK

3.0 out of 5 stars Very low power capability
Please note that a car 12Vs socket is able to supply many more amps than the 0.45A this unit can supply.

Unfortunately being the impatient Amazon buyer I am, I bought it as soon as I saw it, not considering anything to do with power limits. Plugging into my xenon car lamp saw it break in under 5 seconds, and that was that.

Please also note that the...
Published 19 months ago by WOOTB

3.0 out of 5 stars Very low power capability, 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: Tanco Impex Car Charger to Main Charger Converter Adapter AC DC UK (Electronics)

Please also note that the build quality of the item itself is pretty shoddy, but I guess you're only spending a few pounds!

Fine for small gadgets like Sat Navs and flashlight chargers - but you need to spend more money if you have something bigger to power.

5.0 out of 5 stars Car accessory, mains adaptor, 18 Jun 2012
A sticker on the box warns that this device is suitable for mobile phone and sat nav charging only. However, I bought it to recharge small flashers for roadside emergencies; the adaptor worked fine without overheating. I'd suggest (with caution) that it is probable suitable for all charging functions, but not operating devices with higher levels of power consumption i.e. tyre compressor pumps, etc.

1.0 out of 5 stars not fit for purpose, 18 July 2013
D. I. Patrick - See all my reviews
I got this at the suggestion of amazon buyers also got this
it only gives 500 ma not enough to work the car vaccum I bought with it

2.0 out of 5 stars Tanco Charger, 14 Dec 2013
It does not provide anything like the output power required to drive a car vac which is why it was purchased

5.0 out of 5 stars Tanco Impex Car Charger to Main Charger Converter Adapter AC DC UK, 7 Dec 2013
Tanco Impex Car Charger to Main Charger Converter Adapter AC DC UK works well until you plug somthing like a tyre inflater in it but to be fare it could have been the tyre inflater that was at fault as it smoked when plugged in the car afterwards. I would think about getting another and check everything before i plug them it to it next time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware!, 16 Dec 2012
I bought one of these to keep my iPod Touch topped up. The first time it was used it short circuited and tripped my fuse box. The smell alone told me it had melted a few components, so I cannot recommend this at all. I have tried contacting the suppliers but Amazon tell me their mail is down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Charger, 15 April 2014
Just what I needed to hoover my car. Great good Value and arrived on time. Would recommend for the use in car.

1.0 out of 5 stars sent back, 25 Feb 2014
My fault it couldn't charge the device I bought it for, it didn't transfer enough power, I should have read the spec more carefully

1.0 out of 5 stars Not compatable, 17 Feb 2014
John (Camberley, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This product was recommended at checkout, to use with the 12V tyre pump I was purchasing. Unfortunately it did not work with the pump I was buying. I have returned it to the manufacturer for a full refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars small item, 27 Dec 2013
very good service on all aspects, just as required, the right price
wouls certainly use again, and would advise customers to use this outlet