5.0 out of 5 stars Epic Acoustic Sound, 2 Jun 2012
Ajay Clare (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: By The Horns (Audio CD)
Well, she's done it again. I was a little wary as to whether Julia Stone could make an album as good as her debut The Memory Machine, but this is another gem. Her voice is soft and wispy, but combined with the piano, guitar and drums, she manages to create an epic acoustic sound. The album doesn't feel as dark as her debut, but I found myself able to listen to each track without skipping. If you're a fan of her work, it won't take much to persuade you to buy this. What I will say is, if you have never heard of Julia Stone before, give this album a chance because this is what good music is all about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does not contain "You're the One That I Want",but is excellent all the same!, 1 Jun 2012
C. M. Collier "myopia1" (Liverpool,england) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: By The Horns (Audio CD)
I pre-ordered this album because I understood the track You're the One That I Want was on it,and I have been eagerly awaiting its arrival.It was delivered this morning,I instantly put it on and what!You're the One That I Want is nowhere to be found!
I thought I would end up very disappointed,but after listening to it a few times I am completely won over by Julia Stone's gorgeous voice and songs.It is the perfect soundtrack to summer,and I predict I will be playing it at every available opportunity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 8 April 2013
This review is from: By The Horns (Audio CD)
Nothing else to say - just love it. Heard quite a bit of Angus and Julia Stone before, but for me this is better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 Feb 2013
This review is from: By The Horns (Audio CD)
I loved Angus and Julia together. This is sometimes difficult but always beautiful C.D. Her haunting voice touches the root of your soul.

5.0 out of 5 stars A THING OF BEAUTY, 7 Feb 2013
This review is from: By The Horns (Audio CD)
After hearing the talented and unusual voiced Julia Stone on radio,i couldn't resist this and i was not disappointed.
Gorgeous vocals,nice music and an aching and honest soul revealing itself,this is quality stuff.
The lyrics are quite powerful if somewhat enigmatic,with BY THE HORNS being a stand out for me,both lyrically and for raw passion.
Every track is quality,this is superb,honest music.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Gem, 4 Oct 2012
This review is from: By The Horns (MP3 Download)
I got really into Julia Stone's first album, but there was so little buzz around this new release I did not even realise it was out until recently. Naturally I snapped it up. Her voice has developed into an instrument of real power, and the songs are genuinely moving. Another gem.

By The Horns
By The Horns by Julia Stone (Audio CD - 2012)