Format: Audio CD|Change

on 2 June 2012
Well, she's done it again. I was a little wary as to whether Julia Stone could make an album as good as her debut The Memory Machine, but this is another gem. Her voice is soft and wispy, but combined with the piano, guitar and drums, she manages to create an epic acoustic sound. The album doesn't feel as dark as her debut, but I found myself able to listen to each track without skipping. If you're a fan of her work, it won't take much to persuade you to buy this. What I will say is, if you have never heard of Julia Stone before, give this album a chance because this is what good music is all about.
VINE VOICEon 1 June 2012
I pre-ordered this album because I understood the track You're the One That I Want was on it,and I have been eagerly awaiting its arrival.It was delivered this morning,I instantly put it on and what!You're the One That I Want is nowhere to be found!
I thought I would end up very disappointed,but after listening to it a few times I am completely won over by Julia Stone's gorgeous voice and songs.It is the perfect soundtrack to summer,and I predict I will be playing it at every available opportunity.
on 7 February 2013
After hearing the talented and unusual voiced Julia Stone on radio,i couldn't resist this and i was not disappointed.
Gorgeous vocals,nice music and an aching and honest soul revealing itself,this is quality stuff.
The lyrics are quite powerful if somewhat enigmatic,with BY THE HORNS being a stand out for me,both lyrically and for raw passion.
Every track is quality,this is superb,honest music.
on 4 October 2012
I got really into Julia Stone's first album, but there was so little buzz around this new release I did not even realise it was out until recently. Naturally I snapped it up. Her voice has developed into an instrument of real power, and the songs are genuinely moving. Another gem.
on 14 February 2013
I loved Angus and Julia together. This is sometimes difficult but always beautiful C.D. Her haunting voice touches the root of your soul.
on 8 April 2013
Nothing else to say - just love it. Heard quite a bit of Angus and Julia Stone before, but for me this is better.
on 22 January 2016
Excellent album. Great voice.
on 23 January 2015
Got this the other day. Musically it's great, but I have a complaint regarding this deluxe edition and that is the packaging.
The box that the cd comes in is a total pain to open each time you want to play the cd. My wife gave up after bending her nails so I now leave the box open.
The box is also really big and if like me you have a lot of cds, then space can become an issue and this sort of packaging doesn't help.
And I can't see the point of the polaroid pictures which IMO are a total waste of space.

Apart from that gripe the music is really good and very well recorded.
Her voice on this album sounds as good as she does on any of her previous albums with her brother Angus.
Acoustic guitar sounds very real and I love the way that they've captured the sound of the piano
on 9 January 2016