on 31 August 2012
Hi guys,
I am sure this is a fantastic product. However, you do need X4 or X5 on your computer to use this upgrade which was not made clear when purchasing. Unfortunately I was upgrading from X3 and was only aware of this criteria when I received the packaging with the disc.
on 11 August 2012
I have been using the Corel Suite, Adobe (and Macromedia) products for over 20 years. I'm now using Adobe Master Collection and just upgraded to CorelDraw Suite X6. When I say 'using' most of my time I'm on Corel. It's faster, cheaper, less disk space, simpler interface, easier to use. Infact, the only reason I use Adobe is because it's an 'industry standard', whatever that means. If you want to output .bmp, .jpg, .tiff, .png, .pdf, or any other standard, Corel is really good and is not bad at outputting Adobe files as well. Like all software, some versions have been classics and others worth missing out. X6 looks like a good one so far and I am finding the upgrade well worth while. Now, I'm going to need around a grand to upgrade my Adobe Master Collection ... Nah! Maybe another day!
on 5 January 2013
I've been using the CorelDraw suite almost since the first version and I find it excellent for my, somewhat limited, requirements. Mostly I use PhotoPaint for improving poorly scanned seismic sections because, unlike most bitmap editors, many of its functions work with images larger than 30k x 30k pixels. With the support now available for 64 bit Windows my work has speeded up considerably. For that reason alone it is worth the upgrade cost to me.
on 17 June 2013
Having used Corel Draw for more years than I can remember, from version 1, I am quite happy with the upgrade and improvements made

It takes a bit of getting use to too a few of the changes, (I upgraded from X4 to X6) but once I have remembered, I am quite happy with the upgrade.

The only problem I have encountered is with the changes that some fonts want to make to designs that I have saved as templates. Arial seems to give the most problem with making text where all the text is Upper case longer when you update the text

To be frank, I only upgraded because you could now not upgrade from an older version than X4 and I suspect that when X7 is released that you will only be able to upgrade from X5
on 27 May 2014
This was a cheap upgrade for my X3 version which was incompatibility with Win 7 & 8. It seems to be a single user edition and has to be registered to get the extras and clear the nag screens. Single user is not a problem for me as the old X3 is still on a Vista PC for some time, and the extra functionality of X6 isn't too significant for what I use it for.
on 31 May 2013
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite does everything I need and more. This upgrade box also comes with a gorgeous 260 page hard cover manual. 300 pages if you also count all the artwork at the back. So far the CorelDRAW upgrade has been worthwhile.
on 21 February 2014
Been using Coreldraw since version 4, it just gets better, but of course there iare a couple of tools that I loved which have been disgarded
on 14 April 2012
Corel does serve as a competent alternative to those rip-off Adobe products, but the market needs something in-between because it is so 90s. I used to use this suite loaded from disks when I was at high-school, now I have kids and hair sprouting from places it shouldn't, and opening CorelDRAW is like entering a time-warp.

The most tedious thing though is its ability to crash a lot. I've cranked up the autosave to 1 minute to help out. I run one of the world's fastest SSD drives with a water-cooled 8-core box, and it still stalls while saving, but worse, the autosave doesn't always work. It recovers stuff from hours back. Save all the time. Hit CTRL-S every few changes.

The other annoying thing is the screen repaint corruption. You have to zoom in and out to get the screen to come back when dragging stuff around. This is a display driver issue, but its the only app I have trouble with, so they're doing something different. Badly.

But for the money, its really alright. To be honest, I don't understand why Microsoft don't buy it and roll it into their web and UI programming tools.
44 comments|6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 May 2013
I have used this product for the past 20 years and it is the very best graphics programme that has been produced
on 30 April 2012
Upgrading from v.9, X6 is a great leap foreward. Especially the text part and the web possibillities looks great.
And then it is still the Swiss Army knive for coverting everything.