5.0 out of 5 stars Video Studio Pro X5? More like Video Studio Pro 5*!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:39 Mins
I have looked at a whole load of video production programs in the past. Most have had some serious drawbacks.

Until recently, I was using EditStudio, but that is now showing its age. Nero Vision is another favourite, but, alas, it seems to be incompatible with my new laptop: I get no preview of what I am doing.

I came to...
Published on 29 Jun 2012 by

Published 22 months ago by Just Jim

5.0 out of 5 stars Video Studio Pro X5? More like Video Studio Pro 5*!, 29 Jun 2012
(VINE VOICE)
Length:: 2:39 Mins

I came to this program with some apprehension, wondering at what point it would fail me. I was very pleasantly surprised! Each part of the program has been designed with ease of use in mind, but with enough versatility to satisfy most users. For instance, if you use this program to trim and edit your videos, you will find that this is precise to the nearest frame. Not only do you get the normal scrubber to move around but you also get a scrubber wheel for more accurate cutting. The sensitivity of the scrubber can be increased to frame level.

There is a lot to this program. You get a load of features for your money. The manual is almost 200 pages long, and there are tutorials too, plus a lot of downloadable extras. The range of export formats is impressive. The program also fully uses all the capabilities of any modern PC, such as hardware features and multiple processor cores.

A nice touch is the ability to group your favourite features together, for instance, in the attached video you will see that I have grouped my favourite leading and trailing credits together. You can also auto-generate background music in many styles, and get it to fit the length of the video if required.

All in all, as a value for money package, this is unbeatable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Software is only as good as the tech support and Corel scores a zero, 20 Dec 2012
This review is from: Corel VideoStudio Pro X5 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Although there are some good things about VideoStudio 5, the support I got when I called with a problem was zero. I tried the online support first and after waiting till the chat option always timed out, the message across the screen always said, no agents are available. If you want an answer to a question, it will cost you $19 a call. (Why answer a question online when you can charge $19 for a couple minutes time?) When I asked about this, Corel said this was an industry standard. I think not! This was my last purchase from Corel.

4.0 out of 5 stars The best ever, 9 Aug 2012
foxcylady - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It has taken my husband many years of testing and much expense in his quest for the perfect editing software he has used every make known to man and his dog I swear he has.

After many many years in the wilderness finding this was to be his final quest. Its amazing to use his words.

Techically the specifications and blurb are a mystery to me a mere woman but to see a piece of edited video footage he had cut spliced and put together played on the big screen tv was a joy to behold. Together we are now enjoying putting together video footage of our children growing up over the years and its great fun.

My husband had been promising to drop video 0nto disc for many years and had yet to do one, since receiving this software he has been like a man possessed.

Someone else has written in their review that this really is the perfect studio and we agree or at least my husband does, I agree because what make him happy makes me happy and this makes him very happy indeed. It has given him the facility to do something he has wanted to do for a long time but has never had the software he needed to do this to the standard he wanted to with the additions and extras he needed to succeed.

There is a minimum requirement computerwise to run this and make the most of its features. While my computer is not man enough for the job my husbands is more than capable. The software gets the best from the computer in as much as it runs according to the spec the higher the spec the faster it runs and the more accurately with less buffering.

All in all a good piece of software well worth taking a look at. If you have not found what your looking for this could be it, after checking price point Amazon seem to have beaten some of the larger stores pricewise I would recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Film directorship for minimum price, 23 April 2013
This review is from: Corel VideoStudio Pro X5 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
The need for a a decent alternative to adobes software was required to complete a university project at home and this was found to
be a good as adobe for film editing ,music sync and the overall polish required to collate all my media into a great production that gained a high make on a degree course,so it would definitely cover anyone just wanting a cheap easy to use editing program

5.0 out of 5 stars Great software, 13 Dec 2012
This review is from: Corel VideoStudio Pro X5 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
I bought this to edit my home videos that were on old VHS tape. Having got them transferred to DVD I found I couldn't import them into the program. I was a bit worried because I read all sorts of posts on 'vob' files and thought they might be unsupported. I needn't have worried. Corel were excellent and quick in response to my queries and had it sorted in no time - I had to actually tick a box and not just highlight it to get it to work. Something so simple! But I'm such a duffer and new to all this so it was great to find that their support was good.
Now I'm editing away and the software is easy, intuitive and precise. Great extras with transitions and effects too.
Great software at a great price and super support.

5.0 out of 5 stars over the moon, 2 Nov 2012
This review is from: Corel VideoStudio Pro X5 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
I have for a few years used Adobe 8 and then Adobe 10 i have only just started with Corelpro x5 and am still learning its secrets but so far it is the best for ease of use,quality and stability,i take up to 3 hours of AVCHD quality movies at a time to edit and burn to Bluray and as my title am over the moon.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Original & Best, 24 Jun 2012
Mr. B. R. Good (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First, I want to emphasise something: this software has the best 'pan & scan' feature on the market (and I've tried just about every package there is).

I have been using Corel VideoStudio for a long time now, and I consider them to be market leaders. Although I've had problems with previous versions that have struggled to cope, even with my modern, fast pc. I have installed X5 Pro on my laptop and the performance is very decent.

What is the product?
Essentially, Video Studio Pro X5 is a simple, but highly effective and reliable editing package that concentrates on the important stuff: cutting, adding enhancements, improving picture quality, creating a project, and saving to a range of formats.

Ironically, this product DOES come with a comprehensive manual when it is probably simple enough for most people to master via trial and error. It's 'ironic' because I've used software from similar companies who provide a lot less instruction for a more complicated programme.

What can I expect?
- import your video clips in a fast and easy manner (no endless waiting while the software tries to process it)
- clear and easy to view timeline
- add text and images with ease
- create impressive transitions
- spice up photographs with the best 'pan & scan' on the market
- save projects in a multitude of formats and quality settings
- edit and split audio easily

The smart proxy feature allows the preview pane to show a compressed version of your footage, to allow smoother viewing. This takes a while to work but generally it copes well, while other packages for a similar price often fail.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product but wouldn't let me register it., 3 May 2013
This review is from: Corel VideoStudio Pro X5 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
I find this excellent. By following the user guide I always get to where I want to be. Streets ahead of Studio 10plus that drove me to dispair. If it runs out of memory then it says so and keeps your work to that point. A dual 2.86Ghz processor and 4 Gb of ram run this programme comfortably. Let down by support that gives the feeling that if I don't want to buy anything else then Corel don't want to know..

2.0 out of 5 stars The worst VideoStudio ever, 2 May 2013
This review is from: Corel VideoStudio Pro X5 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
I am a costumer Corel VideoStudio since ProX2. I never thought that Corel developped a videoStudio so bad like ProX5. It hangs. The library disappears. It crashes. I try in many ways to burn video with more than one hour in a dvd. Not possible! Until now, i have to uninstall it more then 12 times and reinstall it again, because all the problems in editing videos with some effects and transitions. It really sucks!... Oh! If only I could have back my ProX4!... But I gave it away when I bought this one... How I miss ProX4! I'm going to purchase another video software but, instead I get used to Corel VideoStudio, I'm not taking any chances again. I am going to buy another brand. That is for shure!

5.0 out of 5 stars Video editing program., 5 April 2013
This review is from: Corel VideoStudio Pro X5 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Had coral Videostudio pro X4 before this one so knew this upgrade would be as good if not better. I would recommend this program to any one wishing to do some editing. Me and my husband venture out a lot when weather permits and loads of video's and photo's are taken. With this program I can make movies out of all the clips. So easy in my opinion to learn. My family when watching the results are very impressed. There are lots of special effects that can be added using this program. It is a very rewarding hobby.

Corel VideoStudio Pro X5 (PC)
Corel VideoStudio Pro X5 (PC) by Corel (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)