4.0 out of 5 stars Who would have thought.......
Wasn't what I was expecting which makes it more of the ,,..can't put it down type of read. Good honest approach
Published 16 months ago by karen

3.0 out of 5 stars Surprising
Watched Eas't Enders - Didn't like Jamie's Character
Now I know why - he lives on his Dad's shirt tails
Published 19 months ago by michelle butler

3.0 out of 5 stars Surprising, 14 Mar 2013
This review is from: Gangsters, Guns & Me - Now I'm in Eastenders, but once I was on the run. This is my true story (Kindle Edition)
Watched Eas't Enders - Didn't like Jamie's Character
Now I know why - he lives on his Dad's shirt tails

2.0 out of 5 stars Shameless glorification of his father's criminal past, 20 Jan 2013
The book starts quite well, sharing a view of life for a young boy growing up without his father, who is serving a long prison sentence. Once we get to the point when his father is released, Foreman's story degenerates into an account of life in the London criminal underworld. He hero-worships his father and his vicious cronies. Basically it's ok to harm, maim, commit violent robberies if you are fair to your fellow criminal associates and treat each others' families with respect (and cover their tracks when needed). Foreman also glories in his association with these crimimals, at no point considering whether he would have been taken quite so seriously if he hadn't been Freddie Foreman's son!
I finished the book, although a few times I was getting bored with the criminal experience and considered giving up. I hoped the story would steer round to tell how he got his life back on track to build a fairly successful acting career, but this never came. In fact the story stopped short of the rise of his career, suggesting that Foreman's left the door open for a sequel. I certainly won't be investing any more of my time or money in further of his publications. At £1.89 this book was worth a punt but if I'd wanted to know all about the criminal aspects of the Foreman family I would have bought his odious father's autobiography.

2.0 out of 5 stars Take with a pinch of salt, 11 Aug 2012
freesia (Back of beyond) - See all my reviews
He loves his family that is clear. I think his involvement in his fathers 'scene' before he had to go 'on the run' (!) must have been much more than he admits in the book. He makes himself out to be a young boy who dotes on his father and does nothing other than act and drive dad around....then he's holding a gun to someone's head cos he's bored!! Ive never heard of jamie foreman before he started in eastenders and i think his character is very much like the real self and has shattered my illusioin of how such a good actor i thought he was...dont think there is much acting going on now ive read this book which is a shame. Dirty den was the same. The only bit i found slightly interesting was to learn who his godfather was. The ending was also disappointing. No word of how his beloved family were fairing though went to great lengths to tell us how great they were througout the book and then it's like they've all
Moved back to england and its none of our business! If you get this book for free amd nothing else to read then its okay. I wouldnt buy this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Who would have thought......., 3 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Gangsters, Guns & Me :', 13 May 2012
Wonderful read, particularly if you have an interest in that 50s/60s era, when Jamie's Dad was top man.
So more interesting is discovering who Jamie is. Although he had the 'role models' whilst growing up, his desire was acting. Did his Dad lose it when Jamie told him of his ambitions? - No, loving father Freddie put his son in touch with 'Babs' (Barbara Windsor) and Jamie's talents have taken him to massive succsess in many films and roles.
I was going to say it is 'ironic' that he now plays the 'Gangster' so well in BBC's Eastenders. But it is a testimony to his craft and talent that he makes Derek Branning the scary guy he is, though there are wonderful family loyalties there.

This book goes much further than we can see of Jamie Foreman. It is honest and riveting. I have to finish on the fact that he really has the face for the part he plays on our TV's at the moment.
I do reccomend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars East Ender Derek, 21 May 2012
Mrs. Hilary Hilton "Hilary" (Winchester, England) - See all my reviews
Very goood story and well written. Fascinating insight to the world of Freddie Foreman and how Jamie started his career with help from Barbara Windsor. I found it difficult to put down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
Good

5.0 out of 5 stars Legend! East end bad boy!, 27 Jun 2014
Gripping story of life growing up with a notorious father.
Just shows how a bad boy can come good!
You won't be able to put this one down, fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 May 2014
I could not.put the kindle down. wasn't sure how good the book would be. think my husband would enjoy it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant book, 2 May 2014
This is a very informative and interesting book.
I found Jamie was very honest he has a way of drawing you into this book, he had certainly had a up and down life
I love his out look to life, I wish him all the best and hope their will be another book soon.
Thanks