5.0 out of 5 stars I like to remember things my own way...
This fine DVD re-release for Lost Highway will hopefully open it up to a wider audience. Alongside Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, this is one of Lynch's most significant unsung works. A critical and box office catastrophe on release, it has in recent years thankful been reassessed in some quarters. Lost Highway was an experimental film, genuinely before it's...
Published on 10 Feb 2006 by P. Cox

3.0 out of 5 stars Lost Highway.
I have wanted this film for ages as it is my 3rd fave film ever!
But to have to 'fiddle' about, changing the language to English, then having to remove the Czech subtitles was a little disappointing.

The price was close to an English language version, but every penny counts! Wish I hadn't counted now!!

The provider sent me my film but with a...
Published on 28 Jan 2012 by Pank

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, 14 Jun 2012
Mathias Palmberg (Sweden) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost Highway [Blu-ray] (1997) (Blu-ray)
First off, the movie is a stone cold classic and one of the greats. So it is sad that this Blu-Ray edition is not the one I was hoping for. The PQ is alright but the image is too bright and grainy and lacks the clearness and depth you'd expect from a great transfer. The sound is however better in 2.0 LPCM which is sometimes really good. So don't waste your money if you already own a decent DVD-transfer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great film, but disc won't play, 26 Feb 2013
This review is from: Lost Highway [Blu-ray] (1997) (Blu-ray)
The film gets five stars from me, but this blu ray disc doesn't deserve even one, since it does not play on either my Sony or my Yamaha blu ray player, both of which are region 2 players. Because I'm living abroad I'm stuck with a blu ray disc of a great film that I can't play. If I were living in Britain, I'd have returned the item to Amazon. This experience has dented my faith in blu ray discs.

1.0 out of 5 stars Should have been titled "Lost Cause", 18 July 2000
By A Customer
Even full well expecting the weird from David Lynch, this one surpasses plain boredom and sensless charactarisation that leaves the viewer perplexed and confused - a natural state I'm sure for most David Lynch fans. Go watch a Peter Greenaway movie instead.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dont believe the hype of David lynch, 29 Aug 2007
P. Forster - See all my reviews
Dont believe the hype of David lynch, seriouly i dont understand why david lynch is so wellknown. This film is called his best but when i saw it i was sevrely unimpressed. From all the comments i read i believed that this would be a amazing arthouse type horror from a great director but its the opposite. The film is mind nuimbingly boring with dialog kept to a minimum and when it is used its bearly worth it. The acting is ok but the story line was boring and incredably preditable and people dont believe the other comments about a great soundtrack becasue the only word for the soundtrack is laughable. The effect in this film are laughable and you can see where david kynch has attampted to include various filming techniques but just turn out to look like window movie maker effects. Seriously if you are fans of good horror films, arthouse, thrillers or psyological films dont even bother with lost highway.

Lost Highway [Blu-ray] (1997)
Lost Highway [Blu-ray] (1997) by David Lynch (Blu-ray - 2012)