on 2 May 2012
I bought the McKenzie book to try and help myself with constant nagging neck pan. The exercises help so much i thought i'd try this. It's simply brilliant. Instant pain relief, just the right shape and firmness. People told me to use a rolled towel for years and this is the equivalent, it's excellent
on 16 November 2013
I've had a dicky neck most of my life and people are always amazed when I say that I sleep with no pillows. Sometimes I try one and find, in the morning, that I've thrown it across the room during the night.

I'm not sure which starts first but I clench my teeth at night and suffer regular migraines and getting my neck angle right (or should that be wrong) seems to contribute to this.

I've used rolled up towels for years, but they tend to unravel during the night and so I was hopeful for this cushion. I think it's a smidge too thick for my neck on SOME nights...so I would suggest that it seems to depend on how tense your neck muscles are.

Unlike other reviewers I think the fact that it is slightly squishy means that, despite it feeling slightly too thick, I can at least keep it on standby for those nights when I feel the need to stretch my neck out.

So it's been kind of 50% successful for me. The search goes on.
22 comments10 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 June 2013
I received my roll cushion today and thought lets give it a try and this is the best thing ever.I had spent hrs searching for good neck roll cushion and decided to go for this one and I surely mad the good purchase all I can say now is gonna have a good night sleeps from now on.One last thing if someone can tell me where to buy the cover for this roll cushion that would be brrrrrriiiiilllliiiiiaaaaannnnnttttt.
on 5 March 2013
My husband has suffered for years with a bad neck and shoulder, probably aggravated by his driving job, and also some arthritis/fusing of neck vertebrae. This is a marvellous product. It was lovely to see him getting a restful night's sleep !! This can't come more highly recommended. A very happy hubby. He commented immediately the first morning after using it. I also purchased a duck down pillow to use with it as recommended, and NOT the foam one that he struggled with every night. Combined, these products have done the trick.
on 29 September 2014
My Husband has had a very painful issue with his neck and shoulders. He firstly read McKenzie's Book - Treat your own Neck - which recommended this roll. Both the exercises from the book together with this Roll he now gets a good night's sleep which he has been lacking for a long time.
on 4 February 2015
A physio recommended I use a rolled up towel inside my pillowcase to support my neck when asleep. This is a much better option. I thought it was too thick at first but I have got used to it and find it very supportive and helpful. Glad I purchased it.
on 11 September 2013
I've been suffering with intermittent neck and head pain for some time now. Trips to the osteo (and painkillers) alleviate the symptoms temporarily - most of the time - but when I picked up Robin McKenzie's "Treat Your Own Neck" I saw this.

I thought £20 was a lot of money for a roll of foam, so decided to try a rolled up towel for a few nights and see the effect. The very next morning I awoke completely free of my neck pain for the first time in ages. The last few weeks I've been using either the rolled towel or the cushion, and it seems to be working.

Contrary to what one of the other reviewers said, the cushion feels a little soft to me, and there are times I prefer the firmness of the towel, but I can see myself using this on a regular basis and taking it with me when I travel.

Of course, my condition may not be the same as yours, but I really wish I'd known about keeping the curve in the cervical spine earlier. I could have saved a lot of time, pain, and money!
on 15 March 2014
I've used a neck roll for a number of years and needed a new one. I've used this for a few nights now but am finding it a bit too firm......I'm hoping it will loosen off a bit as time goes on. It isn't as comfortable as my previous one but it may just take a bit if getting used to. Jury's still out on thus one.
on 16 April 2014
This neck pillow is the perfect size for any user. It is firm but soft. Fits snug behind the neck which helps to relax the neck back into its original curve for de-stressing. I use this pillow every morning and every evening in bed.
on 25 January 2014
These things are brilliant. I sleep with one every night. And they squish down quite well into a carry-on bag, and make a huge difference to my poor neck and shoulders on a long haul flight.