on 17 August 2013
Bought this to add stability to my Campingaz Twister camp stove with the campingaz CV470 cylinder. Great bit of kit. Gives great stability, is fully adjustable, can fit almost any canister and even comes with 3 little pegs tucked into the arms to give more stability if needed. For 3 quid is great value for money, would definitely recommend. The only flaw as far as I can see is that the pegs tend to fall out of the arms when the base is in use, so I just tuck them into my stove case until needed. Easy.
on 22 February 2014
Provides excellent support for coleman / camping gaz or similar round gas canisters that you can screw a lightweight camp stove on to the top of.

I use the coleman 100/250/500 canisters and attach either a vango compact stove or the vango F1 lantern on the top of the canister. Tried it for size with camping gaz and it fits too.
Particularly with the stove and a pot, without this support there is some stability but not much confidence.

For the review mentioning no instructions;
One of the legs is fixed, the other 2 swing out. Easiest way is to turn the canister over and put this on the bottom, then swing out the legs to fit.
Look closely and you can see a little plastic bump which clicks quite securely into each leg when it is in place, holding them firm, after the first time it's a doddle.
When this is attached to the base of the canister, the ground area being used for support is now wider than the pot on the top and feels/looks much safer.

For the reviewer who mentioned the little plastic pins are to peg it down, thanks, I hadn't worked out what to do with these and hadn't found a use for them :-)
on 13 August 2013
Great little device.

Sturdy and stable, yet very light.

Even has 3 little pegs stowed in the arms to peg it down with.

Recommended.
on 7 September 2013
looked at several of these type of cannister supports and went for this one as it fitted my preferred coleman gas cans the best ( after a lot of discrete testing ) a good product if it suits your type of cannister. the plastic ground pegs are better replaced with something longer and stronger but overall a good ,useful ,safety addition to a camping trip.
on 19 January 2014
No assembly instructions, or indication as to which gas canisters it is intended for. Could not fold out all 3 legs so that they were all at 120 degrees to each other. This is necessary because the weight of the canister needs to be evenly distributed over the 3 legs. The canister I tried just fell off the stand, and failed to grip it. The pegs to peg into the ground would not hold the stand on the ground. As has already been suggested, tent pegs could be substituted.

Pity this is not product does not work as there is a need to secure a gas canister to the ground. I think the legs should be twice as large to give a firmer base.

I sent one back as I thought it was faulty. The replacement was just the same. Not worth going through all that again for £3. Would pay a bit more for a better product.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 May 2014
As the title says. It's a bit fiddly the first couple of times you use it and I'm not very convinced by the included pegs (Mind you if it's so windy I need to peg my stove down I'll probably be baling out to a pub to eat.). Otherwise it seems easy enough to use and lends a good degree of extra stability to my stove. Weighs almost nothing and folds up small.
on 9 July 2014
simple. does exactly what it should. the little "pegs" that are inserted in the legs so you can peg it down if needed (cant see why you would need to) are a little annoying as they dont stay put in the leg. but i doubt youd miss them if you were to wang them in the bin
on 21 July 2014
A neat design adding stability to the gas canister. Fitted all the gas canisters I tried. Has little pegs to secure, but these are not well secured to the stand and will get lost, but I doubt I'll use them anyway.
on 30 July 2014
This is simple and great. Comes with little stakes built into the legs that pop out and will stabilise even more if you need it. Solid as a rock, and cheap. Great simple solution to a common problem.
on 8 June 2014
There is a knack to this gadget, but when you know how is easy peasy. Fits all high street gas canisters. I can't think of a safer way to ensure your brew doesn't end up all over you or the gear.