5.0 out of 5 stars WOW Oh WOW this is WONDERFUL!
My steam iron is a Philips Azur precis 4310 with steam tip and I have always said this is the best iron I have had - and I have had a few.

I actually like ironing - it is a very therapeutic job - and it is great to see all the ironed clothes waiting to be put away - also I listen to audio books and so 2 things are done at the same time.

The Tefal...
Published on 18 Aug 2012 by HJK

2.0 out of 5 stars Already been returned for epair
Published 13 months ago by John Shillabeer

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW Oh WOW this is WONDERFUL!, 18 Aug 2012
HJK (Gomersal UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Tefal GV7450 Express Anti-Calc Steam Generator (Kitchen & Home)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

The Tefal Steam Generator arrived a few hours ago and after reading the instructions I set to to iron a few things and test it out.

This is the first Steam Generator I have used.

It is just so wonderful - the ironing is so easy to do and the clothes come out so smooth. The water tank holds 1.7L and so will do a huge amount of ironing - it will be great for sheets, duvet cover and my cotton tablecloths. I tried it out on cotton shirts and the creases just vanished.

You have to press the steam button as you iron which is a little different than with a steam iron - but you soon get used to that.

You have to use a mesh type ironing board, which is what I have so that is okay for me, this is so that excess steam can escape.

You use ordinary tap water - I live in a soft water area so no problems there for me - (the instructions say that if you live in a very hard water area to use 50% tap and 50% distilled water).

The instructions say that there is an orange light which will start blinking if the anti-scale valve needs rinsing.

I can highly recommend this steam generator.

I cannot wait for my next load to iron!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars expensive but worth it, 30 Jan 2013
the lambanana "the lambanana" (liverpool) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
GREAT EXPECTATIONS
==================
I had anticipated a huge, gruesome, machine which was cumbersome to use. When the box it arrived it seemed to promise that it was going to be a fearsome machine.

UN-BOXING
=========
Un-boxed and ready to roll in 5 minutes. There are some instructions, but as a man I simply cast them aside. A few minutes later I did retrieve them to make sure I was filling it correctly. (I was)
I imagined it would take a lot more space than a normal iron but it's footprint isn't that big. A little bigger than a normal iron but it certainly doesn't have a feel of being industrial.

THE IRONING
===========
Gauntlet down, I challenged my wife to a test. I would iron three pairs of 'boxies' whilst she could iron everything else in the ironing pile.
The entrant could then pick their best item and have it marked by the other entrant.
The winner would then have day to day control of the iron. (sort of a prize. a prize that keeps giving.)
Well, hmmnn, errr, hmmnn again, despite my best efforts I lost.

IRON WELL
=========
It really does iron quickly, effortlessly and gives superb results even with items that were very very creased and very dry.

EASY MAINTENANCE
================
We have had this a few months now and it has required no scrubbing, attention or maintenance whatsoever.

GLIDEABILITY
============
It seems to glide like no iron before over clothes. The steam function is what I would call, wow wow wee. (when you use it you will find yourself saying this. Trust me on this)

RECOMMENDED
===========
Definitely.

5.0 out of 5 stars a very good steam generator, 18 Aug 2012
Mrs. A. Wright "wright0072" - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was very pleased that this product arrived just as I was about to start a rather large ironing. I quickly unpacked it and read the instructions which were easy to follow. I filled it up easily and plugged in and waited a very short time for the green light to stop flashing. I had used all 3 settings by the time I had finished my load and all gave great results. The iron was light to use and flowed smoothly over the clothes and any stubborn wrinkles were quickly removed by a strong blast of steam. The steam was easily obtained by pressing the conveniently placed button just under the handle. There is no cord retraction but I found there was adequate space to make cord storage simple. I like the idea that a light will tell me when to clean the anti scaling filter. I commend the equipment on its ease of use and the excellent results I obtained. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Steamier than "Fifty Shades of Grey", 24 Jan 2013
Graeme Stewart "echosnare" (Glasgow) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife is obsessed with steam irons, particulary these big steam generating ones. Her first question when the Vine newsletters come in is always "Are there any irons?". Well, since she got this one, she has been over the moon, as it knocks the spots off her previous one. No one else is allowed to use it, as she says it's too complicated for men, but she does say it has more controlability than her previous one, and it requires less topping up than it too. My only complaint is that it tends to steam up the windows, and gives the neighbours the wrong impression......

2.0 out of 5 stars Already been returned for epair, 25 July 2013
I m very disappointed with this model. My last Tefal steam generator iron lasted for 8 years. This model which I have only had for 2 months and used rarely due to the het and being away has already been returned for repair. The company no longer loan a replacement iron so I have had to borrow one. I just hope it now works in the way it should otherwise I shall request a replacement or refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars i love it, 22 Feb 2013
this iron does your ironing in seconds you dont have to do one side of a shirt and the other side it irons it right through! its amazing i have never got through ironing as quick, i would recamend this to some one who does alot of ironing!

1.0 out of 5 stars Tefal GV7450, 23 April 2014
Beverley Holland "purplecat" (England) - See all my reviews
As someone else has said when this iron works it is great but I would expect it to last more than 14 months! Going back to Rowenta which was much more reliable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tefal steam generator iron, 27 Jan 2013
I did a lot of research before buying this product and after a few recommendations I opted for the Tefal steam generator iron. I hate ironing and to my surprise I now no longer dread my huge pile of ironing, I can't go as far as saying I now enjoy it but it takes me half the time as more often I only have to iron one side result and I am very fussy on how my clothes look. I think everyone should get one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Value Steam Iron, 31 Dec 2012
Richard Stowey "Senior Project Manager" (London, England) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There are a few things which you need to look at when purchasing an iron. Functionality being the primary one, but space and cost come into it.

The Tefal steam generator iron works really well. When ironing dry clothes it will take out creases very easily, and when steaming it will produce steam on three different power settings.

I've only given it four stars for a few reasons. The water reserviour at the front of the unit isn't removable, which means you have to take the entire unit to the sink if you want to empty it. The unit is pretty big for an iron, and although it's very easy to move around because of the iron lock and the light weight, it's still big!!

The only other major drawback is steaming capacity. My wife and I steamed her wedding dress with it, and whilst going through that much material, the reserviour of steam ran out, so we had to keep waiting for 20-30 seconds for it to charge up, and then going again. The amount of steam it produces is impressive, and pretty good for most domestic tasks, but it's definitely not a commercial or professional machine.

Amazing value and quality for the home! Recommended, if only for the amazingly quick ironing.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 28 Aug 2012
Stuart Holden (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Ironing: a necessary evil. However, with this steam generator iron you will, roughly, half the time you take to do that nasty ironing pile. It's high outlay, I'll admit; but it's no mere luxury: this is an investment. I don't think I'll ever go back to a conventional stem iron by choice after experiencing this.