4.0 out of 5 stars Food processor
First of all I have to start of by saying that I have nothing to compare my thoughts with for this item. It's the first food processor I've ever owned. I have always questioned the expense and whether it would be money well spent. I can tell you now that they are worth every penny. There's so much more I can cook and create now, my simple electric whisk and hand masher...
Published on 16 Sept. 2012 by kehs

3.0 out of 5 stars okay, you might want to compare others before you buy.
I bought this because having previously owned a food processor (a while back) you lose an entire cupboard to one, so this being compact made it more kitchen friendly. Performs as you'd expect, speed 1+2, with the option to pulse, with normal processor parts and drink/blender style attachments.

1. its compact, fits into my cupboard without taking up all the...
Published on 13 Jan. 2013 by James Lever

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice product but average quality, 11 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Tefal Vita Compact Food Processor (Kitchen & Home)
Loads of functions,Big enough for family, reasonable priced, the base machine itself is of very good quality and the buit in blades storage is great but only one problem the dough tool and the beater is not very effective (not as good as Kenwood chef,looks a bit cheap quality plastic. In the end this product is good enough for basic daily cooking for a small family. I am satisfied.

4.0 out of 5 stars Food Processor, 20 Nov. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A very efficient piece of kitchen equipment that does what it says and has plenty of attachemetns for any need. It's not too loud and is easy to clean. My one gripe is that there are so many attachemnets it can be tricky to assemble/dismantle and storage is an issue because they don't all fit into the drawer.

3.0 out of 5 stars Anything but compact, 18 Oct. 2012
M. Dasani (London, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've had this food processor for a couple of months now, and I've gotten quite a bit of use from it. The base unit itself is fast from compact as it is about 25cm cubed. And with the liquidiser attachment on top, it brings the whole unit to over 40cm which means it doesn't fit under my kitchen cabinets, and I have to pull it back and forth to use it.

The base itself had a handy suction cup underneath to stop it from moving and a tray below the main controls that store the 2 circular chopping discs.

All in all, it looks and feels cheap, yet it does it's job without fuss.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special, 15 Sept. 2012
Chappers "chappers" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Nothing special

If you are in the market for a food processor, then the standard failings of noise, hassle of parts storage and awkwardness of washing-up the various parts will probably be expected. This Tefal Vita is no exception here.

Don't be deceived by the large box, as the device itself is fairly standard in size. I suspect the "Compact" moniker comes from the food processors of old, which used to spread themselves out a bit more. Either way, it looks decidedly average. This is not some piece of high-glamour that is likely to take pride of place on your worktop. It's functional and it works. Some of the parts feel a bit cheaply made, but it does the job.

When you look at it's competitors however, model by the likes of Kenwood and Philips in the same sort of price band look to represent designs that have had a bit more thought go into the aesthetics and at least the appearance of increased durability.

What you probably want to be asking yourself is if you want something that simply performs the job at hand, in which case there are cheaper models about that will suffice. If you want something with more visual pizazz and better build quality, you'll need to spend a bit more.

The Tefal Vita Compact Food Processor treads the middle ground in every respect.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine, but arrived with a few bits broken, 2 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Tefal Vita Compact Food Processor (Kitchen & Home)
Fine, but arrived with a few bits broken. It isn't obvious how to use certain functions and the instructions which we eventuslly resorted to left something to be desired. Working fine since (after a 2 years of occassional use).

3.0 out of 5 stars Over the top, 29 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Tefal Vita Compact Food Processor (Kitchen & Home)
This contained so many pieces that I never would have used so I gee the set to my daughter-in-law - too complicated for me. I certainly would not call it compact.

5.0 out of 5 stars very satisfied, 22 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Tefal Vita Compact Food Processor (Kitchen & Home)
I am still very satisfied for my item and I hope won't have any trouble in the near future. I will keep in touch for any inconvinience.
Thanks a lot!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A whole new world of kitchen fun, 5 Sept. 2012
P. G. Strachan (Glasgow) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My opinion on the Tefal is strictly uninformed. I've never owned a food procesor and, to the best of my recollection, I don't think my folks had one either. So what I'm saying is that I've nothing really to compare it against ....other than an over-employed potato masher and a tired right arm. Personally I've always held out against purchasing one because, frankly, who has the space to stash yet another kitchen gadget that might be used once in a blue moon ? But I have to say that owning one of these things has opened my eyes to a whole new world of cookery....all that stuff I've never tried because my potato masher wouldn't have been up to the job. My repertoire of soups has expanded exponentially.
Of course all this is no help to you if you're a processor pro. On that front all I can say is that it does the job perfectly....it comes loaded with extra bits that I haven't really figured out yet...and it looks rather retro sitting there on the kitchen worktop poised for action.

3.0 out of 5 stars fragile juicer jug, 2 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Tefal Vita Compact Food Processor (Kitchen & Home)
I was very happy with this product - it was a gift for my partner who is very much into cooking. Unfortunately, the juicer jug is very fragile and after one use, the bottom of it cracked. very disappointing. Otherwise it's a great product

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value for the Price., 25 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Tefal Vita Compact Food Processor (Kitchen & Home)
Powerful motor with plenty of attachments and handy storage for the most used slicers. Not sure if the kneading attachment is up to the job, but we use the dough hook on the Kenwood anyway. The citrus press worked well, once we figured out how it fitted together!
Handles all our slicing and grating with ease, and also more convenient to use the blender now instead of our other.
Very happy with this product, the first food processor I've bought, and would certainly recommend it.

Tefal Vita Compact Food Processor