on 16 August 2012
Firstly, no issues getting a serial number at all. Purchased this from Amazon, came two or three days later (it's a very nicely packaged thing, with a gatefold box, then the disc in a nice little box inside - feels very 'Japanese-y' in that respect). I then created an adobe account on line and uploaded a scan of my (University) staff card at about 2pm one day. At 7.30am the next day when i checked my email my serial number was there.
Loading the software was a breeze, as was the update and activation.
I find that since using Lightroom, I seldom use Photoshop anymore. (I get as much right in camera and tend just to do fairly minimal stuff with images - curves, levels, saturation, sharpening etc.) For me it's great. Well organised, everything is just there on the palatte to the right. I just find it very intuitive and easy to use.
If I had one gripe it would be that the clone / heal brush is just about useless - particularly the clone. I find that if i need cloning particularly i'll do everything else in Lightroom then off to PS with it.
All in all - fantastic software at a bargain basement price. buy it!
on 12 October 2012
Excellent photo-management and processing package.
Easily usable even for a novice.
Well laid out and thought through.
Exports high quality and very compact images.
Useful non-destructive system (when using camera RAW images, it'll save the modifications in a very small separate file, so you still have the original image).
If you want full image-editing software then this probably isn't the software for you - go for photoshop. But if you are looking for a decent photo-processing and management program, go for this one!
on 10 September 2013
I had a very easy time registering my product with adobe. I sent them my proof of eligibility, simply a scan of my id card and then later that day I contacted an customer adviser via online chat. They were very helpful and since I had already run out of my trial period they confirmed my student status and sent me my serial number right then and there. Very helpful service and of course the product itself is great, a really nice way of editing and storing photos and the service from amazon was top class as always.
on 16 March 2013
Having played with the 30 day trial I couldn't not buy the license for it, the adjustments you can make to RAW files are incredible. I'm lucky that I'm a student and can benefit from the discounted price but I'd have no issue paying for the non-student full priced license.

Getting the product key from Adobe was quick and hassle free too, I just uploaded the relevant documents to Adobe's website and they sent the product key through within a couple of hours.
on 25 February 2013
Upping my game on photography from just taking pics and doing editing with free software to hobbyist. Couple friends who are enthusiasts recommended this software. I'm still struggling with some of the basics, but notice a vast improvement on my pictures with just a little bit of editing. One nice thing is that you edit your picture, but the original is also there, with the suggestion that as I improve my editing skills, I can go back to some of the exceptional pics and do a better job.
on 22 May 2013
Bought this under the student discount process and what a nightmare getting it registered (thus poor mark - product itself is fine). Due to adobe using non english help desks it was a extreemly difficult getting acceptance of proof of eligibility. Each time we provided a requested item back came a pre prepared letter. It was quite obvious that the responding end had no comprehension of what was required and how to deal with exceptions. In frustration we hit Facebook and hey presto result!!
on 18 December 2012
Got adobe LR 4, then tried to register it!! That is the start of my problems, so far been waiting 23 days since first got in-touch with adobe and 3 emails later but still nothing. I have a disc that is no good until adobe get back to me. And they say it only takes one business day? what a laugh. Don't buy from Adobe there customer service is rubbish.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 February 2013
New to photography and need to edit your images then you must have LR4. I was that newbie to photography taking rubbish shots and needed a way to alter those photo's, i was using Microsoft's live photo gallery which was on every Window's PC at the time. it was O.K for changing brightness and such like. I new about Adobe Photoshop before and then stumbled on LR4, and tried a 30 day trial, and since brought the extension.

LR4 is absolutely fantastic a real professional feel, lots of tutorials, lots of fun to have trying new editing styles.

If you have an interest in photography then you need LR4
on 4 April 2012
For what I need this product was just what I needed, simple yet professionally giving you full control. As for delivery arrived 1 week earlier than I was told it would! Nice work, thanks alot!
on 27 September 2013
Go to hell amazon with the stupid minimum word limit system that just makes reviewers angry that they cant say just what they want, lets fight against this by always mentioning it in reviews