5.0 out of 5 stars A remarkable true story
Published 1 month ago by Prof M. Streat

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as his other books
I loved the Jerusalem assassin but I don't feel this is in the same league . Whilst I sympathised with the protagonists I found myself skipping large chunks of unnecessary descriptions .
I was determined to finish the book but it was a struggle
Published 11 months ago by yogame

5.0 out of 5 stars A remarkable true story, 20 May 2014
This review is from: One Step Ahead : A Mother of Seven Escaping Hitler's Claws (Kindle Edition)
I have read most of the books written by Avraham Azrieli and consider this to be his best work. Recounting the courage and bravery on one families journey of survival from the terrors of Nazi atrocities perpetrated against the Jews of Eastern Europe is heart wrenching for us all. This book is a sombre read but captures the struggle for survival of the Jewish people and serves as a reminder of the terrible events of the Second World War lest we should ever forget. I wish to congratulate the author and hope that this book is widely read by all compassionate and and honourable folk.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as his other books, 24 July 2013
I was determined to finish the book but it was a struggle

4.0 out of 5 stars Fact and fiction., 17 Feb 2013
Usual fast download. Have just started reading it. One of those books that you do not want to put down.