4.0 out of 5 stars Part 2 Delivers, 5 May 2012
This review is from: THE WRONG DELIVERY - Braced for Impact (Kindle Edition)
First, a confession. I thought the first installment of "The Wrong Delivery" was a standalone. It worked as a self-contained piece with an open-ended conclusion, but I secretly hoped there'd be more. Lucky me. McDroll is going for the serialized novel. Yet again, it doesn't feel that way. I don't feel like I'm being shafted by an installment. Even though I'm left hanging for the next volume, I still get a satisfying read. As for the plot, McDroll turns the screws she stuck in your head from the first one. I don't want to give too much away. Start with the first one before diving into this one.The Wrong Delivery - Corrin's Eyes

5.0 out of 5 stars Tale Of The Unexpected, 3 Mar. 2012
This review is from: THE WRONG DELIVERY - Braced for Impact (Kindle Edition)
I really like the idea of a serialisation of a novel. It makes a lot of sense and it's also a lot of fun as a reader to be teased by having to wait for the next episode. It's like being a kid and needing to get the next copy of 2000 AD to find out what's going to happen.

As a reviewer, though, a serial is a nightmare. I feel I can't say anything that includes a spoiler when I work, so I'm now in an impossible position - if I say anything about the plot I might ruin someone's enjoyment of Book 1.

Suffice it to say that I'm really enjoying the humour and the very detailed, vivid unpleasantness of the situations (a rat's tail, for example) makes it a treat. The direction the story's taken isn't what I was expecting, either.

I'm looking forward to Part 3. Itching.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Action Kicks Off!, 15 Mar. 2012
This review is from: THE WRONG DELIVERY - Braced for Impact (Kindle Edition)
In part 2 we see the arrival of those twin bed fellows lies and deceit. All is not well in this idyllic setting it seems. McDroll cranks up the tension and we see for the first time another side to the characters of Morna and Gordon.

The author uses some very nice descriptive writing to describe the beauty of the setting that is at odds with some of the dark events that happen. The story is coming on nicely and I am getting into the action as it progresses.