5.0 out of 5 stars English man at his best!!
I watched the first episode, and fell hopelessly in love with the boat!! yes... the boat; and of course Guy and Mave.
This is how English history should be presented, and we all should be proud of this.
I too love history, but even watching this series found it informative.
Published on 14 Mar 2012 by Cal

3.0 out of 5 stars OK But.....
I really enjoyed watching this DVD as I particularly like anything Guy Martine does. I would, however, say that the title of this series/DVD is rather misleading. if you are hoping to watch this in order to see how a narrow boat is restored then forget it. This is Guy and his best friend, Mave, on a school boy adventure, learning about great British inventions which...
Published 7 months ago by LittlePinkPiggy

5.0 out of 5 stars English man at his best!!, 14 Mar 2012
Cal "Calina" (Suffolk, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Boat That Guy Built [DVD] (DVD)
I too love history, but even watching this series found it informative.
The rest of the series I recorded on my freeview recorder, hoping this would be released on dvd, finally it's happening.
Both Guy and Mave are fantastic gentlemen, and they both looked like they enjoyed making the series as much as I enjoyed watching it. Although I would not recommend they try cooking the baked beans again!!
I hope in the future, they do another series, until then I have pre-ordered this dvd and shall enjoy watching it over and over.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't forget Liza, 22 Jun 2012
This review is from: The Boat That Guy Built [DVD] (DVD)
I like the rest of the reviewers love Guy. This is the first time I have seen Mave but I suspect that goes for everyone. For me Guy first popped up in 2003 as a road racer at the Southern 100 races at Castletown I.O.M. and I have watched his career build ever since. This great little series is well worthwhile owning and is a real tonic, the things that boy comes out with! I cant help thinking though, how brilliant Liza Tarbuck's narration is and how she maintains the air of anticipation throughout in a way that I can't imagine anyone else doing quite so well. She is an extremely versatile and gifted broadcaster and brings so much to this, Guy's first foray in to telly proper. Hands together then for the team that brought us this shining example of what can be made for television. I Hope that this will not be a one off, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. You tell em boy!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Boat that Guy Built, 24 Jun 2012
This review is from: The Boat That Guy Built [DVD] (DVD)
The Boat that Guy Built, was humorous, and informative, anyone that is interested in
our history will I am sure will enjoy this dvd, watch it first on tv and now have watched it several times. Guy explains what is going on in any easy way for anyone to understand and also covers quite a lot, i loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars the boat that guy built, 16 Jun 2012
This review is from: The Boat That Guy Built [DVD] (DVD)
every body knows guy for his motorcycle racing a man so striaght and within him self people think he is ignorant
but thats him in race mode
whatch this dvd and you see him in real life funny happy clad to talk and meet people just a every day person passionate about anything great bloke great dvd hope he does more of these

5.0 out of 5 stars Guy and his mate, 24 July 2013
This review is from: The Boat That Guy Built [DVD] (DVD)
What a laugh and what a transformation, they certainly put everything into it. Was great to see how they 'handmade' practically everything to go in the boat. But Guy if you read these, wash your hands more often!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, 5 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Boat That Guy Built [DVD] (DVD)
Finally!! Its being released on DVD!! Its been a long time coming!! This is a brilliant series - very informative and fun to watch. The presenter is pretty fabulous too...

5.0 out of 5 stars Guy at his finest., 15 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Boat That Guy Built [DVD] (DVD)
One of my favourite DVDs that I own. Guy is interesting, funny and downright barmy at times - making this an extremely interesting series.

5.0 out of 5 stars the boat that guy built dvd, 26 July 2013
This review is from: The Boat That Guy Built [DVD] (DVD)
I've not watched the dvd yet but I saw this when it was on tv and its brilliant. Guy martin is a star

4.0 out of 5 stars the motorbike man swaps the track for the waterways, 23 July 2013
This review is from: The Boat That Guy Built [DVD] (DVD)
an absorbing and humerous adventure as he and his pal renovate an old long boat, like a young fred dibnah he takes you on the journey, undeniably a pleasure to watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful DVD very well made, 1 July 2013
This review is from: The Boat That Guy Built [DVD] (DVD)
This was a dvd that allowed me and my partner to rewatch the TV series that Guy Martin did which was great. It will be watched again and again.

The Boat That Guy Built [DVD]
The Boat That Guy Built [DVD] by Guy Martin (DVD - 2012)