TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 September 2012
I bought these cartridges for my newly purchased Brother MFC-J825DW. The printer was quite costly but I'm fed up with cheap printers that fleece you for the price of an ink cartridge so decided to go with a higher up front cost and save on ink. These work out as £1 each - amazing value.

They don't have the elaborate lockable orange plastic seals that Brother have on their own cartridges but have a small plastic stopper instead. Apart from that, they appear to be indistinguishable from the originals and slot into my printer without any problems at all.

The quality of the ink is fine and suitable for all normal daily and routine requirements. The one thing I haven't tried as yet is to print photos so I'll post an update as soon as I have.

In the meantime, if you have any questions, please post a comment and I'll reply as soon as I can.

UPDATE & TOP TIP...

I've now been using these for three months and they are working really well. I did have one problem with the yellow cartridge which just wouldn't load. I found the problem was that the plastic seal hadn't ripped away properly - I worked the hole with a needle and it then worked perfectly. The ink seems to be lasting for ever so I'm still recommending this as a five star buy! (updated 7/1/13)
on 4 October 2012
Well, these are surprisingly cheap compared to the original product, which i have also used. The quality of the print is exactly the same. I bought these for my mfc-j625dw brother printer. I'm still on my first box months later, despite the fact that my printer irritatingly cleans itself all the time, despite the fact, i have been in a printing frenzy for the last three months, producing marketing flyers. My only problem with this product, and the reason they are getting four rather than five stars, is that the plastic covering the cartridge head is fused so tight, it takes at least half an hour to take it all off(which is essential otherwise it could damage the printer)using all sorts of implements including safety pins(not the most ideal). Its the only downside to an otherwise great product. Will buy again because where else can you get it cheaper? Hope they read this and fix the problem so I don't have to whine about it again. cheers.
on 31 December 2013
I have bought 2 batches of Silvertrade-supplied cartridges for my DCP-J725DW. The first batch are not branded in any way and worked brilliantly. The second batch are branded "Jetplay" and the black cartidges caused no end of problems with blocked ink flow which won't clear with standard printer inbuilt cleaning protocol. It required drastic solvent cleaning attempts, which have worked short term only. The cyan is possibly going the same way (I am still on batch 1 of yellow and magenta cartidged). I have had to resort to buying a replacement printer to ensure reliability and continued compatibility with MacOS 10.4

The jetplay cartridges don't have a pull tape strip to remove before use - I don't know how the cartridge vents but maybe this is part of the problem?
on 15 October 2013
Just as good as the official brother cartridges. There's no leaking or bleeding from printing. Will be buying again! very happy
on 18 September 2013
Fantastic value and produces fan prints with good repro of original.copies. quick response did not have to wait long for delivery
on 29 September 2013
great value and no problems with these cartridges,considering the cost they are a much better deal than the original ones
on 17 August 2013
Bought these because we print a lot in both A4 and A3, been using them for about a year and had no problems regarding installation or quality. Brother inks do not have chips so there is no reason it would not work for you.

Very good buy and an amazing price, highly recomended
on 5 July 2014
Buying 20 cartridges for the same price I normally pay for 1 black cartridge made me rather dubious but, having installed 2 of them so far, I haven't noticed any difference in print quality between these and the Brother branded versions I normally buy. Working in the graphics industry, print quality is very important to me.

The only slight problem has been removing the nozzle seals (they are supplied with a thin cellophane seal rather than the posh orange plastic ones which Brother use). This is a very minor issue - I was able to carefully cut all the excess material away with a sharp craft knife.

Overall, I'm delighted with my purchase and, even if half of them fail to work properly, it still represents excellent value for money... no more thinking twice before pressing the 'print' button!
on 17 September 2013
this is a good product which works so far as sometimes compatible cartridges dont work, the value for money is excellent, the delivery had a slight issue but this was not the fault of the seller more the royal mail, i would recommend this product to others,
on 17 March 2016
I have only ever bought Brother LC1240 branded cartridges and enjoyed very reliable quality from my printer. I was impressed by the price and reviews of these unbranded cartridges and bought them to replace my existing stock of the Brother branded cartridges as they ran out. I started using the new cartridges about 2-3 weeks ago and have experienced repeated print quality issues since. The problems are temporarily resolved by running the ink management 'clean' facility, but recur. I was unable to return to the seller as the 30 days grace period had elapsed. Advice to other buyers - by all means take a chance on these cartridges as the saving compared with Brother is massive and you might have more luck than me. But - test them quickly to avoid losing the option of returning them.