on 20 December 2013
So far, no problems. Specs as advertised and arrived in good time.
I like the robust feel of this item and like the fact that it is mains powered and so is not reliant on USB power which, in my experience, is not always satisfactory.

Sorry, due to Christmas rush, I cannot write more except to say that, based on my brief experience of using it, I would not hesitate to recommend it.

EH
on 24 March 2014
Easy to setup and works well. Stupidly short cables with it though. The USB3 cable is hardly long enough to let me sit the drive on my desk beside the PC. Power cable not much better, I'm having to use an extension lead to reach a socket no more than 3 feet away.
I haven't tried the software that comes with it so can't say if it's any good. I would recommend this drive but advise you to buy a longer USB3 lead with it.
on 8 March 2014
Fantastic item !
I have always been looking for a decent quality external bluray drive but they always appear to be very limited in choice and availability. When I noticed this device I thought I will research it a little further and then decided to go for it. The item arrived the following day after purchasing it.
Set up so straight forward no messing around with any configuration just plug and play. The Device also comes with licensed software but this is the usual DvD suite which is a drain on system resources and to slow and clunky with a not so good user interface. plenty other better software out there.......
But don't let the software be a bad point as it is still very useful and great to get you up and running with a load of useful features.
The Device itself is a great purchase and one im glad I decided to go for, when in operation it is very quiet almost to the point of being silent which is always a bonus. No issues at all with any format of dvd ........ all dvd and bluray discs are played perfectly.
on 11 March 2014
Went for this drive because its mains powered good brand & Price, Have tested playing , copying & writing 25gb Panasonic & 50gb Ritak blu-rays all done without error, so it does the job with ease, UPDATE As another reviewer mentioned forget Software provided, I am using Any mp4 Blu-Ray Toolkit its not free but it Works for me
on 26 April 2014
The set up was straight forward.
The USB3.0 lead supplied was only about 60cm long which means the unit has to virtually sit on top of the case.
Although the unit was bought as new the manufacturing date on the box is September 2011.
Also it will only allow you to change the region settings 5 times, so it is no good if you regularly purchase Blu-ray films from other regions.
on 20 January 2014
I can use this with my laptop or my multimedia PC - I've had mixed results so far but this is more due to the software I have been using. The writer has done it's job well and I am pleased with the discs that have been successful..
on 29 May 2014
Not much to add to the other comments, I just hope it lasts a few years. Not sure about it being 'well made', seems a tad flimsy, but if it stands the test of time I will be very happy.
on 3 April 2014
Advertised as USB 3 item and packaging says that USB 3 lead is included but lead included is USB 2.
Otherwise very satisfied. Suitable USB 3 lead has not yet been sourced. Cheers.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 March 2014
First time recording and it was no bother,also records DVDS too.Brilliant!!! Would highly recomend this Blu Ray recorder.Just plug in and record and play.
on 17 May 2014
If you need a good external 3D Blu-ray / DVD player/burner then look no further. This is the one you need.
Was not sure what to expect for the price it cost me but am utterly delighted with what I got.
It is a really good player for everything I have thrown at it. It is also an extremely good burner. Precise, accurate and reliable.
If burning an HD or lengthy DVD or Blu-ray I have found it is better to use a lower burn speed than the maximum.
I personally set it on the minimum burn speed and at that the copies are superb.
On shorter or standard definition movies / video's on maximum burn speed the results are also very good.
Believe me when I say you will not find a better bit of kit for the price.