5.0 out of 5 stars Great upgrade for Smart TV
Published 24 months ago by J. Bowman

3.0 out of 5 stars Works as esxpected
Shame that the TV doesn't have this built in and you have to buy one to make use of the Smart TV, unless you want to use a Cat5 cable.

Used the dongle for a year with mixed results. Kept having to find the network again at random intervals, when I moved I chucked this and put a Cat5 directly from the router and have not lost the network once since...
Published 7 months ago by Simon P

5.0 out of 5 stars Great upgrade for Smart TV, 1 Aug 2012
J. Bowman (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung WIS12ABGN/XEC Allshare (DLNA) Smart TV Wireless Dongle (Personal Computers)
Having recently purchased a Samsung ES5500 TV, this dongle looked like a worthwhile and reasonably priced upgrade so that I could access the Smart TV apps, particularly BBC iPlayer. Well setup couldn't be easier, just plug and play. It recognized my router with a full strength signal even though it is two floors away. Then it took a few minutes to download the apps I wanted. The performance is really impressive and it streams BBC HD without any problems. Another bonus is the free Samsung iPhone app which allows for full remote control of the TV once the dongle has been activated. I would highly recommended this accessory for Samsung Smart TV owners.

5.0 out of 5 stars just Brilliant, 6 July 2013
the product was very well advertised, now I can listen to music off my computer in my bedroom, very good way of streaming from my computer to my TV, cheers

5.0 out of 5 stars Plug and play, 30 Jun 2012
Wasn't sure if this would work with my Samsung TV as the manual only listed WIS09 and WIS10 dongles - which were much more expensive than this one.
Good news was it plugged straight in, asked me for my WiFi password and up and running perfectly in just a couple of minutes

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Item, 17 May 2012
Mkelly (North east) - See all my reviews
I have just recieved this little gem and installed it last night. I had trepadation ordering one of these due to the poor reviews relating to the fact that the router must be in same room etc. However my router is an upstairs study and the tv is is downstairs in the dining room. It works fanatstically. I must stress I have a wireless n router along with a Samsung tv. Easy setup , and works well

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised., 31 July 2012
Like other reviewers, I was a little concerned that this would not work easily with my Samsung TV,even though it was purchased this year.I was also worried, that, as my router is very old and situated at the other end of the house,connection might be a problem.
I needn't have worried.I plugged it into the TV and, following the simple on-screen instructions,I entered my WEP key and was soon able to connect to the internet.The only problem was that to access BBCiPlayer I required a firmware update.Initially I was unable to do this on-line, direct to the TV, and thought I might have to download from Samsung and update via a USB stick(Wasn't looking forward to this as I am not very technical).However,I decided to try again later and this time the on-line update worked.Now everything is operating fine,though WEB browsing is a little slow.This could well be due to my connection and the fact that I have not yet purchased a keyboard and am using the remote control to navigate about.
I ought to mention that, prior to purchasing this item,I was a little confused as to whether to purchase the WIS12ABGN/XEC or WIS12ABGNX/XEC.I contacted Samsung who advised me that they are the same.

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Dongle Review, 6 July 2012
I bought this dongle to go with my Samsung Blueray player and I have used it several times to connect to the internet via my wireless modem. Works fine and we have watched a couple of movies on line from Love Film with no problems.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 18 Dec 2012
Works well but seems to run warm even when not using Internet - shame it doesn't seem to have lpower save mode when Internet not active

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung wireless dongle, 18 Dec 2012
Works perfectly to do all that it's supposed to.Would recommend to anyone needing a similar product. So easy for connecting

5.0 out of 5 stars dongle, 22 Jun 2012
This piece of equipment is very important to us as my husband has impaired vision but now he can go online on our television and can see all he wants larger would recommend to simular people

5.0 out of 5 stars USB WI-FI Dongle for EH5300 46" Series 5 LED TV, 11 Jun 2012
I. Paterson (Dunfermline, Fife United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Easy WI-FI connection for the Samsung Series 5 Smart LED tv. Simple to connect, plug and play, TV then really smart !