1,036 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great upgrade for Smart TV
Published on 1 Aug. 2012 by J. Bowman

2.0 out of 5 stars To say you need a specific type of wifi adapter for a smart TV is silly enough
Really substandard quality device. To say you need a specific type of wifi adapter for a smart TV is silly enough, but the quality of the product is less than great. There is no light indicator to show that it is on or working, the plastic shell is very weak to the point that the usb connection just wobbles around. Because of this, half the time it does not function...
Published 6 days ago by Sean Grayson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great upgrade for Smart TV, 1 Aug. 2012
J. Bowman (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung WIS12ABGN/XEC Allshare (DLNA) Smart TV Wireless Dongle (Personal Computers)
Having recently purchased a Samsung ES5500 TV, this dongle looked like a worthwhile and reasonably priced upgrade so that I could access the Smart TV apps, particularly BBC iPlayer. Well setup couldn't be easier, just plug and play. It recognized my router with a full strength signal even though it is two floors away. Then it took a few minutes to download the apps I wanted. The performance is really impressive and it streams BBC HD without any problems. Another bonus is the free Samsung iPhone app which allows for full remote control of the TV once the dongle has been activated. I would highly recommended this accessory for Samsung Smart TV owners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plug and play, 30 Jun. 2012
Wasn't sure if this would work with my Samsung TV as the manual only listed WIS09 and WIS10 dongles - which were much more expensive than this one.
Good news was it plugged straight in, asked me for my WiFi password and up and running perfectly in just a couple of minutes

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Dongle Review, 6 July 2012
I bought this dongle to go with my Samsung Blueray player and I have used it several times to connect to the internet via my wireless modem. Works fine and we have watched a couple of movies on line from Love Film with no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars USB WI-FI Dongle for EH5300 46" Series 5 LED TV, 11 Jun. 2012
I. Paterson (Dunfermline, Fife United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Easy WI-FI connection for the Samsung Series 5 Smart LED tv. Simple to connect, plug and play, TV then really smart !

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised., 31 July 2012
Like other reviewers, I was a little concerned that this would not work easily with my Samsung TV,even though it was purchased this year.I was also worried, that, as my router is very old and situated at the other end of the house,connection might be a problem.
I needn't have worried.I plugged it into the TV and, following the simple on-screen instructions,I entered my WEP key and was soon able to connect to the internet.The only problem was that to access BBCiPlayer I required a firmware update.Initially I was unable to do this on-line, direct to the TV, and thought I might have to download from Samsung and update via a USB stick(Wasn't looking forward to this as I am not very technical).However,I decided to try again later and this time the on-line update worked.Now everything is operating fine,though WEB browsing is a little slow.This could well be due to my connection and the fact that I have not yet purchased a keyboard and am using the remote control to navigate about.
I ought to mention that, prior to purchasing this item,I was a little confused as to whether to purchase the WIS12ABGN/XEC or WIS12ABGNX/XEC.I contacted Samsung who advised me that they are the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung and the wireless dongle, 17 July 2012
This I think is quite a complex subject and after reading so many reviews that the dongle was not recognised or rejected by the tv I decided we would give it a try on our tv.
We purchased our Samsung 40" led tv in 2011 on the understanding it was a 2010 spec machine. We spent some considerable time setting up the tv / dongle - getting so far then the dongle was rejected - certainly not plug and go on our tv.
Let me also stress at this time that the instruction booklet dated 2010 for our 2010 tv stated quite clearly how to plug and go their dongle for tv / computer functions.
After several calls to Samsung they talked us through interrogation of our tv specification we found that although it was a 2010 tv the hardware was in fact from 2005 !!!!!!!and NOT COMPATIBLE !
The Samsung people sent to us "2012 firmware" which we down load onto a memory stick inserted it in tv and the tv updated it's self !!!!!!
PROBLEM SOLVED
DON'T GIVE UP --CHECK YOUR SPEC THEN GIVE THE NICE PEOPLE AT SAMSUNG A RING
alfSamsung WIS12ABGN/XEC Allshare (DLNA) Smart TV Wireless Dongle

5.0 out of 5 stars dongle, 22 Jun. 2012
This piece of equipment is very important to us as my husband has impaired vision but now he can go online on our television and can see all he wants larger would recommend to simular people

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Item, 17 May 2012
Mkelly (North east) - See all my reviews
I have just recieved this little gem and installed it last night. I had trepadation ordering one of these due to the poor reviews relating to the fact that the router must be in same room etc. However my router is an upstairs study and the tv is is downstairs in the dining room. It works fanatstically. I must stress I have a wireless n router along with a Samsung tv. Easy setup , and works well

5.0 out of 5 stars Want to add WiFi to your Samsung TV? check its compatiable here!, 4 Mar. 2015
Silvester (Sheffield, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Got a Samsung Smart TV, BluRay Player or Home Theatre Kit that doesn’t have WiFi built in? having an Ethernet cable trailing around the room isn't always ideal, as such Samsung have released this adaptor which will allow you to add wireless functionality to your Samsung device.

Very easy to set-up and use. Once connected, just need to go through the network setup utility in the menu on your Smart TV, BluRay Player or Home Theatre Kit and that’s it! You can now make use of the Smart features on your device!

Comes with a right angle adaptor, useful for those who have their TV’s wall mounted and don’t have enough room to have a dongle sticking out the back of the TV.

There is even an app available for iPhones/iPads and Android Devices called Smart View which allows you to control your device from your phone or tablet. It also allows you to stream photos, videos, etc from your phone or tablet straight to the TV!

*** Compatiability ***

Below is a list of products this adaptor will work with. This information has been obtained from the Samsung website and should give you an indication as to whether this adaptor will work with your Smart TV, BluRay Player or Home Theatre Kit.

LCD TV’s:

Home Theatre Kits:

2010: C5*** series
2011: D51** ~ D53**
2012: E4200, 4500

If you are still unsure as to whether your device is compatible, I would suggest contacting Samsung directly. As the product is an official Samsung adaptor, they should have no problem in confirming its compatibility.

5.0 out of 5 stars just Brilliant, 6 July 2013
the product was very well advertised, now I can listen to music off my computer in my bedroom, very good way of streaming from my computer to my TV, cheers