5.0 out of 5 stars what you get is....
Published on 19 Feb. 2013 by cerrig

3.0 out of 5 stars The booklets are worth the money
Over 60 songs which are from as many as I could put up with on the mp3 clips unacompanied which means its the book I went for
Recordings made in the period 40s to 60s for Topic on their Voice Of The People series
Published on 20 Jan. 2013 by Richard

5.0 out of 5 stars what you get is...., 19 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Good People, Take Warning (MP3 Download)
You get nothing? Didn't understand the review. For a modest fee, what you get is the root of so much of the folk and folkesque music around us for the last 40 years, so many songs covered and adapted by "revivalist" (i.e. younger) singers and instrumentalists.Good people take warning - of course, if you can't stand unaccompanied voices, this isn't for you. But if you've an ear for a great variety of people telling stories in song, if you can enjoy the distinctive qualities of untutored, unselfconscious voices - then this is gold! Personally, I enjoy these sounds very much, as well as finding them interesting. These songs come out of the people's lives, and they have the rougher texture of daily life, when times were simpler and maybe in some ways tougher. So, maybe they are tough listening, maybe I wouldn't listen to them right through nonstop - but this music has its own unique beauty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Batch Of Good Sounds, 28 Jun. 2013
Another opportunity to hear some of the good old singers whom I haven't already savoured. The more of these we hear the greater our understanding of our musical heritage becomes available to us

3.0 out of 5 stars The booklets are worth the money, 20 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Good People, Take Warning (MP3 Download)
Interesting as its a strong part of British folk music but I fail to understand why anyone would download as you get nothing yet pay nearly a quid for it.
The CD is only a tenner in some shops

Good People, Take Warning