5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Purchase.
The specs are the best you can get for the price imo. Comes with windows xp (which justifies the low price). I erased everything and installed Linux. This is a great value for money for Linux users who don't want to spend money on OS that they are not going to use (I couldn't find any better pc's with no OS available).
Published 19 months ago by Andy

1.0 out of 5 stars My worst nightmare - no support!
Published on 24 April 2012 by Adept Informatics

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Purchase., 21 Nov 2012
This review is from: Dell Optiplex GX Series Desktop PC - Intel Core 2 Duo - 2GB RAM - 300-320 GB HARD DRIVE - DVDROM - WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL INSTALLED Model GX745 (Personal Computers)

1.0 out of 5 stars My worst nightmare - no support!, 24 April 2012
Adept Informatics (Hermitage, Berkshire) - See all my reviews
I was looking for a desktop for my wife to use day-to-day to replace an ancient machine. We already have 2 laptops and a desktop, so I couldn't afford to spend a lot and this seemed ideal. I bought our other desktop 2nd hand, not through Amazon, and have been delighted with it. I chose to buy through Amazon this time because I feel that they have the clout if anything goes wrong - It did.
OK, it may not be a major problem (I don't know) but I get an error message on start-up that requires hitting a function key to continue. Windows comes up but I don't know if there is a fundamental issue or not. I haven't used the PC, other than to start it up a few times, because I was hoping for some advise from the supplier. Despite several emails to them, I have been waiting nearly a month with no response, other than an (eventual) reply which said that they would supply detailed information on the problem, which they haven't.
So, I now have a PC that I don't trust (so not much improvement on the ancient one) and nobody to talk to about it. Next time I will buy from a local company who would be happy to support it.

Update December 2012 - I never heard back from the supplier. I have never used the PC. Anybody need a doorstop?