Package Quantity: 1|Size: KM632|Change

on 22 May 2013
Having spent a few hours using this keyboard today, I think this is a surprisingly good keyboard to work with. The keys do feel a bit ‘soft’ and therefore may take some acclimatisation in relation to my previous ‘wired’ Dell keyboard, but the Scrabble tile keys do mean that you can type faster as there is less key travel involved. I can feel that my typing is faster already and I am already getting used to it just by typing this piece.

I’m sure there are better quality keyboards out there (I use a Logitech Bluetooth K810 which is superb), but these tend to be many times the price that I paid for this and at just over £20 delivered, it has to be a bargain.
The mouse is a pretty basic 3 button scroll wheel model, is a comfortable size and weight with the batteries in, and is really responsive. I have experienced no noticeable lag of any kind when typing or ‘mousing’ that has been reported elsewhere.

A couple of things to note on the down side. The only LED indicator is a small power light, which does go off after a period once powered up, so even in use, there are no power indicators showing. I understand this comes on amber when the batteries are low. There are no other on board LED indicators for CAPS Lock etc., but I downloaded a driver from Dell which gives an on screen indication of CAPS Lock. Not ideal as a compromise, but not a deal breaker for me.

With regards typing position adjustment, there is a battery compartment underneath at the rear which gives the keyboard an inbuilt degree of angle, but I find this slope comfortable. This is just as well really as there is no other way to adjust of the keyboard angle other to put some paper or something under it if you prefer a flat typing surface or to increase the slope.
Niggles aside, overall, I am really pleased so far with this keyboard and mouse combo and is good value for money.
on 22 August 2014
The product itself is fantastic. The keyboard mirrors that of what you would expect with a laptop. It's sleek and it feels great to use. The mouse is similar in standard, yet for my personal preference, was slightly undersized.

The issue I had is truer to what you should expect with wireless components. The first few wells were great. But overtime, the set became unusable. Sometimes the mouse would seize functioning (I would need to turn it on and off at the base) and the keyboard would freeze for a few seconds, and then produce a load of random characters on screen. As you could imagine, this did not help with the writing of my dissertation!

My displeasure comes from the rate the batteries deteriorated. And considering I use my computer at a higher rate than your average person, it was not economical for me to keep purchasing batteries all the time. Which was a shame because I did really enjoy using this product. In the end I sold it to a friend and the ideal wireless keyboard and mouse product search has been placed on hold until the relevant technologies improve.

However! If you are a casual user, who may use a computer for around two hours a day and you are looking for a quality set up to help prevent desk clutter, I definitely recommend this product to you. Just make sure you have a stock of batteries around and you should be fine!
on 30 August 2014
Really great value for money.

I was looking for a PC keyboard to replace my iMac keyboard for use with Windows and this is great. The key travel is not much different from what I'm used to (or indeed what you would expect from a laptop keyboard) and it's not at all clunky so I don't feel that it's slowing me down any. The keyboard iconography is up to date with Windows 8 / 8.1 for those who care about such things.

The mouse was a real surprise. I expected to junk the mouse but it's actually pretty good. It's not going to win any beauty or functionality awards but it's a pretty solidly made piece of kit with a very cool magnetized cover for the batteries.

My only qualms would be the following...
* The keyboard feels a bit plasticky
* The mouse on / off button is very small
* It's wireless - If I could have bought exactly the same keyboard but wired I'd have been a very very happy man.

All in all for 15 odd quid you just can't complain. I'm really happy with this after sending back my 45 quid Microsoft Sculpt set.
on 26 July 2014
The keyboard and mouse both require batteries supplied with the kit. I've no idea at present how long they will last. Both items have on-off switches so you can ensure they're not running down the batteries when you're not using them (as long as you remember to switch them off).
The keyboard has a ridge underneath at the back which houses the batteries and tilts the keyboard to a convenient angle. It is a perfectly standard keyboard with no fancy extra keys. The one disadvantage I can see is that it doesn't have a Caps Lock indicator.

The mouse is a normal two-button-and-scroll-wheel optical mouse.
on 28 October 2015
This is a perfectly acceptable wireless keyboard/mouse for general office use. They keyboard is a modern 'chicklet' style with fairly low travel on the keys, whilst the mouse is a standard 3 button with scrollwheel affair, and seems to be acceptable for those of us with larger hands.

Granted, there are undoubtedly better keyboards and mice on the market - some of the Logitech units are superb, but the good ones are considerably more expensive than this set. It also matches the other desks in the office (supplied by Dell with the PCs), so things don't look out of place.
on 27 August 2012
The keyboard and mouse are lovely. They hold their battery life for a long time (even with being turned on all the time) and are great to use. Comfortable!! Also, as with all wireless sets - NO CABLES! Fully recommended.
on 17 March 2016
Honestly, better than most £50+ sets. Mouse is very responsive and tactile. Keyboard has good size keys and travel, although the keys are mushy - that's to be expected from a membrane keyboard at this price. Great for quickly accessing servers!
on 12 January 2015
This keyboard and mouse set is really good. I have a set at home for when I am away from my desk and watching a film in bet so I can take them with me, and they work really well. My boos wanted a wireless keyboard/mouse set for work, so I didn't hesitate to recommend these, and now we all have one in work (although I think that may only be because she wanted us all to match - women huh?). Although I had no issues with my old set in work, I am happy we have these now as the quality is great,and I find typing to be easier with the smaller key on the keyboard. I don't have particularly "big finger" though, and I do feel that although it works very well for me, someone with larger hands/fingers may struggle a little with this.
on 13 January 2016
Love this keyboard as the keys do not protrude too much, has the soft type feel similar to a mac keyboard, also good because there are not a lot of places that crumbs etc can go due to the design so stays very clean
on 5 July 2015
Well at first it looked like a decent combo to save a cable or two. I actually quite like the keyboard, very comfy to type, and there's not much space between buttons and the body of the keyboard which means if you have your cereals while using your comp, those will not get in to your keyboard.

The only drawback of keyboard that it does not have caps lock indicator.

Mouse, however is below average! Very heavy (may be it's the case for all wireless mouses, due to batteries) and not precise at certain scenarios (may be it's a driver issue) I had to go back to ordinary wired mouse, and it feels like heaven!

Overall I paid £17 and using just keyboard.