Price:£40.17+ £9.99 shipping

on 1 December 2012
This is certainly not worth £60. Even at the current sale price of £35 it seems a lot. This is a present for my son for Christmas, I decided to open it to check it worked and to eliminate the pain of having to undo all those plastic ties on christmas morning? Plus install the batteries.
Anyway basically it meows, it waves its tail a bit, it blinks and it vibrates manically. That is it. Not a lot. Occasionally it eats its biscuit but the mouth doesn't move, it just makes a chewing sound, mainly it falls asleep. Oh and it sheds. A LOT. I wasnt expecting great things from it and alas my worse fears have been confirmed. I bought it because it is all my son has asked for but I think he will be disappointed. At £60 it is way way overpriced, it isn't even cute or cuddly. It is extremely mechanical and I think it will likely be ignored after a day.
Unless your child is desperate for cherry my very own kitty (alas mine is having been seduced by the tv advert) then I wouldn't bother. It really is quite horrid.
on 12 November 2012
My Grandson was at first a little scared of the cat (I think the eye movement) but slowly has come round to loving Cherry. I would recommend this toy to any parent or gransparent.
on 6 November 2012
Cherry the Cat is absolutely lovely and my daughter loves it! It is a little limited in what it does but it's very cute when it waggles it's tail :-)
on 25 July 2014
Someone bought this cat as a Xmas present for my nearly 3 year old daughter. Was bought from hamleys so it was a lot more expensive. When reading the box I thought Oh she'll love this as our house cat doesn't like to get cuddles from children. After opening it I was highly disappointed... the cat doesn't really do a lot. The ears and tail move and the eyes blink, it vibrates and makes a horrible meow sound and doesn't shut up. After a few minutes I found my daughter getting very frustrated and shouting at it. It hardly ever made the chewing sound when the biscuit was put to it's mouth and so much fur comes off it I'm surprised it isn't bald yet! we ended up taking the batteries out it and my daughter prefers it that way. I'm glad I wasn't the one to waste my money on this garbage!
If this is the standard of animated toys with an RRP of sixty pounds, it seems to me that things have gone downhill since the days of Teddy Ruxpin and interactive Cabbage Patch Kids.

Cherry the Cat is described by the manufacturers as 'so real, so loveable' but, in fact, is rather sinister-looking and the range of functions it performs is very restricted. It miaows, it makes a chewing noise... and I suspect the odd shuddering motion it makes is supposed to represent purring. Most of the time, as other reviewers have noted, this just seems to sleep. Hugely entertaining. Not.

It's not even particularly good as a cuddly toy. Since the plastic casings for the electronics seem to have hardly any padding around them the toy is really quite hard.
on 29 September 2013
Basic, overpriced, disappointed. Lesson learnt, would not recommend. Really, not worth it at all, little girl lost interest very quickly as cat does hardly anything. Buy something else, or give the money to the child to buy what they want.
on 31 March 2015
Atrocious a total waste of money. He may look superb on advertisements but he only lasts a matter of months and then that's it. Stupidly I should have returned him but because my daughter still loved him being sat on her bed I didn't want to upset her so a toy costing over £50 is absolutely worthless. Please dont buy this as I will guarantee you will end up having problems. Two very close friends of ours also had this particular toy and they fell into the same difficulties we have had with it. You can't reset it which you can do with some toys as we searched every website to see if this was possible. He is basically not made to last which is quite sad.
on 30 October 2013
bought for my little girl's birthday as she really wanted a rel cat. As we have a dog this was not possible, but Cherry was perfect for her. she absolutely loves it - it goes everywhere, sleeps on her bed etc. She finds it a little difficult to switch on (she's only 4) but apart from that she plays with it quite happily. I'm impressed as it's a robust toy that takes some significant wear and tear ever day but 3 months on it is still going strong. Well worth it if you can't have a real pet.
on 21 March 2014
This toy has plastic blue eyes that upset my child and it doesn't sit up without falling over. It makes a wierd noise and does very little. Like everyone says, it looks horrid for a cuddly toy and does very little. Tried to return it but the postage to Italy was £26. Now stuck with a horrid disappointing toy. DO NOT BUY.
on 19 January 2013
My six year old granddaughter had requested this from Santa and expected that Santa would be delivering it to her home. I, therefore, had to explain that Santa may well leave something for her at our house.

When we arrived at her house for Christmas dinner, carrying a big gift-wrapped box, her face was a picture. I knew that going through her mind was 'Is this Cherry the Cat?'. Well, the happiness on her face when she opened the parcel was worth a fortune. She refused to bring Cherry into the company as she said 'The noise will disturb her'. She gets great enjoyment from Cherry.

This was a great purchase, as I saved £20 by buying through Amazon instead of other websites.