on 28 February 2013
Nice genuine warm (tone,not temperature) lighting, and very bright too. Better than the halogens in terms of brightness AND fit in my built-in (flush) spotlights. The title says it replaces 15W Halogen, but the packet does indicate it replaces 20W - and it does indeed.

Excellent. Now to test for longevity.

Edit, they are SO good, I have bought 15 more packets since! that is 35.2 watts for my entire kitchen of 32 spotlights.
Terrific quality product.....hope I left some in stock for others!

Update: More than a year later and all 32 spotlights are perfect and my electricity bill has decreased.
on 10 July 2012
purchased to replace blown bulbs (as opposed to any green agenda) in a line of ceiling mounted lights. Nice clean light and no heat given off, and make remaining bulbs look very yellow. Packaging claims 85% savings, but haven't tested that. Other reviews elsewhere have stated that you have to keep one 'normal' bulb in the line to excite the transformer into working, or buy a suitable replacement transformer. I'll prove that soon when my next lot of bulbs arrive.
on 6 January 2016
It's not a particularly warm white - cooler and pinker than the 20W halogen that I have next to it - but it's not harsh and otherworldly like a cool white LED can be. So for the light they produce I'd probably give four stars. The issue I have with these is that the 10 individual LED cells are mounted on the outside of the glass envelope so they stick out like little bits of cardboard glued on. It's not dangerous - no exposed wiring, they don't get hot, and they're only 12V - but on a cooker hood, which is what I bought them for, they'll be really hard to keep clean as you can't simply run a cloth over the surface. I don't understand why the cells couldn't have been mounted on the inside of the glass, particularly as that's where the wiring ends up anyway. So I'll look more closely at the picture next time (in fairness, it's accurate), and certainly look for a different brand.
on 17 December 2014
These are very bright and a good replacement for 20w halogen. I did not use a new transformer but found that these bulbs only work one way round in the holders - so if you buy them and they don't work, try swapping the contacts around.
on 3 January 2016
Absolutely brilliant. I have an old Ikea halogen desk lamp and the 20W bulb makes the casing overheat so I can't touch it to adjust it. I got these to try - they are brighter and have a warmer colour temperature and the lamp is now cool so I can leave it on at my desk and adjust it when I want.

I am going to use the other bulb for a disused fibre optic Christmas tree - I stopped using it for fear of it going on fire because of the halogen bulb.

These bulbs are brilliant. Good price for what they are.
on 28 December 2012
Although these bulbs look strange the have a very good warm light from them and fitted straight into the spotlight fitting
on 7 April 2014
Good product that works well but it was not clear from the description that the bulb is open at the front, not enclosed in glass in the way that halogen bulbs are, and the working temperature is only up to 40 degC. I guess that this may be a problem for me because I am using it in a kitchen (heat, steam, etc)
on 20 November 2015
Bulb stopped working after 40 days - outside period for Amazon return/refund, but clearly unacceptable. A faulty product and not fit for the purpose intended. Very unimpressed (1 star).
Update: have been contacted by seller who is sending a replacement. Great customer service, thank you. (5 stars)
on 5 March 2015
Purchased these to replace the corner lights in the Caravan which got too hot, these where a direct replacement for the one's already in, the difference is wonderful after being on for some hours they stayed cool to the touch, no problem , will be replacing the others soon
on 18 May 2014
Good quality for the money.
have changed my whole house over to Led bulbs and although initially costs are expensive it more than makes up for it in energy savings and the costs of replacing non-led bulbs more often!