1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars The Chosen, 9 Sep 2012
M. Paton "Rabid Reader" (Leicester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Chosen (The Blood and Brotherhood Saga Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Well done, Jeremy Lazlo. The writing style has matured, along with our heroes, Seth and Garret. This second in a proposed series of 5 didn't disappoint. Au contraire, there were many unusual elements that were a refreshing surprise, in that I didn't see them coming. This author has a VERY unusual mindset, twisting well known fantasy elements with new ideas, making those boogey men even scarier..............and strangely, makes us feel an affinity towards some of those monsters!
I really enjoyed this book, though I did hope to see the Chef who created such a stir in feeding the twins become a bigger feature. After enjoying reading of his creative dishes, and drooling with the descriptions of the ingredients, the Chef was gone, with no further mention. I hope he reappears in one of the other books in the saga.

Again, I was left frantically downloading the third book in the saga, as I want to see how Seth and Garret, and several other characters, fare in the future.